Saminda Motor Co - The all new Enver, Economical and Sleek

Yeah that makes sense. I figured it could be a midsize, since the Accord offered a 3.5 as well (until late of course) but I didn’t see that it was the only engine available.

Yes, the C7 is slightly bigger than the C5, however, the up-coming C5 doesn’t have a V6 engine anymore.

Does it have an I4?

At first that question seemed stupid… but thinking about it, it’s not that much. Well, it’s rather obvious that Saminda wouldn’t use a boxer, as without heavy performance or smoothness focus or tradition it wouldn’t make much sense, and Saminda has none (when it comes to the C5, it’s not performance nor premium model). So now, thinking logically, we’re left with the inline options - I6, I5 and… I3 - as crazy as it may seem, it would be a very bold, yet potentially viable option. A modern turbocharged 1.5 I3 could get over 40 smoothness (acceptable? hard to tell) and 150+ hp with decent economy. Is 150-160 hp enough for the C5? Again, hard to tell, but… not impossible. In the end it can be supplemented with a hybrid system :wink: But, but, but - we’ve got two other options. You say Saminda never used I5s and I6s? I say modularity. The keyword to almost every modern manufacturers engine lineup. An I5 to sweeten the loss of the V6 with similar “better than average” status and smoothness? Or maybe an I6 to push the model upwards with and reap the turbocharging benefits? Saminda may yet surprise us… :wink:

Bah, what am I saying, it will be a turbo four with FWD :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

YEAR 2018

The Iconic MPV

Lakukan dengan caramu (Do it your way) (Indonesia)
A smart way to travel (India)

Saminda Iconic 2.0 i-VIC

Engine : YB Series , YB20C

The Iconic is a Compact MPV (2+3+2) produced by Japanese automaker Saminda and only sold in Asia and South East Asia countries like India , Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam and Philippines

It’s bigger then the Randis MPV

Exterior
The wheelbase length is at 2,720mm long, 1,810 mm in width and 1,800 mm in height. The Iconic looks premium but without the premium price tag.

Engine
Powering the Iconic is the YB20C 2.0-liter petrol engine as before, eventho it’s an vintage engine but it comes with the 4th generation i-VIC technology, which has improved the fuel economy, The engine’s total output and maximum torque ratings stand at 142PS and 186Nm.

Designed by : Hideki Miyashita

Availability
Asia and South East Asia (Exclude Japan and China)

Assembly
Kolkata, India
Hải Dương, Vietnam
Surabaya, Indonesia (Saminda Indonesia)
Ayutthaya, Thailand

Iconic 2.0 : $21,900

16 Likes

Perfect front

1 Like

Looks like one of those weird Asian cars we don’t get in the states… in other words perfect!!

2 Likes

This is beautiful!

1 Like

YEAR 2018

Introducing the new CR1, Adventure begin with you.

新CR1(CroSSy) , 冒険はあなたから始まる

Japan Spec (Worldwide, excluding North America)

Saminda CR1 (CroSSy) Standard 1.1T

Engine : LC Series , LC11A2

Saminda CR1 (CroSSy) Premium 1.1T

Engine : LC Series , LC11A2

Saminda CR1 (CroSSy) Hybrid Premium

Engine : REB Series , REB2000 (Atkinson Cycle and 1 Electric Motor)

South East Asia Spec (Japan Spec is also sold in SEA)

Saminda CR1 X 1.5

Engine : RE Series , RE15C

Saminda CR1 XS 1.5

Engine : RE Series , RE15C

North America Spec (Additional amber reflector on front bumper required)

Saminda CR1 XE 1.8

Engine : YB Series , YB18A

Saminda CR1 XE-L 1.8

Saminda CR1 SpectaL 1.8

The Saminda CR1 (aka CroSSY in Japan : クロスシー Kurosushī) is a subcompact crossover SUV produced by Saminda, the CR1 is extremely popular in Malaysia and Singapore.

Based on the same underpinnings as the extremely popular C1 hatchback, the CR1 CroSSy as it is known in the Japanese market, is a small Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) that has the ability to squeeze through tight urban confines

Exterior and Interior
The CR1 may well share the platform of the C1, but with a length of 4,288mm, it’s longer than the C1. Boot capacity in the CR1 with the rear seats upright measures 472 litres, a 6.5-inch Touchscreen Display Audio system is standard on all trim and all market.

Engine
Japan Spec : 1.1-liter inline-3 DOHC turbocharged (120BHP and 148nm of torque) and a 2.0-liter inline-4 Atkinson DOHC engine (132BHP and 194nm of torque combined with electric motor)

South East Asia Spec : 1.5-liter inline-4 DOHC EFI engine. (110BHP and 142nm of torque)

North America Spec : 1.8-liter inline-4 SOHC EFI engine. (140BHP and 167nm of torque)

All of the engine is mated with a CVT (Continuously Variable Tranmission) while the Hybrid is a 7-speed DCT.

If you’re looking for a car thats pleasantly designed, practical and economical with a cabin comfortable enough for five adults and some golf bags, look no further the CR1 is your answer.

Designed by : Asami Hinako (Also designed the cC Sport)

Availability
Worldwide (Excluding France)

Assembly
Suzuka, Japan
Dawsonville, Georgia, United States
Wuhan, China (Wuhan Saminda)
Surabaya, Indonesia (Saminda Indonesia)
Ayutthaya, Thailand

Japan Spec
CR1 (CroSSy) Standard 1.1T : $19,125
CR1 (CroSSy) Premium 1.1T : $21,995
CR1 (CroSSy) Hybrid Premium : $24,510
South East Asia Spec
CR1 X 1.5 : $18,770
CR1 XS 1.5 : $20,995
North America Spec
CR1 XE 1.8 : $19,885
CR1 XE-L 1.8 : $22,120
CR1 SpectaL 1.8 : $23,990

12 Likes

Why 119hp? Is this car made for economy or something cause i was wondering y al the engines habe low power

Great! Interesting car.

And, what’s the ProAir tech?

1 Like

Do you replicate CVTs somehow, or do you just drop in a 9-speed and call it a CVT? (Not trying to be rude, just curious :b)

1 Like

WOAH!!! Those are amazing!

1 Like

@Ejj it’s a subcompact crossover, supposedly to be cheap and easy to maintain.

@vmo ProAIR is just a name for our turbocharged engine

@Watermelon3878, the car is actually 6 speed automatic, 9 speed is too costly.

EDIT : The 1.5-liter engine is not direct injection, i am confused :smile:

2 Likes

It doesn’t seem like a subcompact crossover, this is what I did to make that body look like one:

Pictures

1 Like

You do realise the CR1 doesn’t offer AWD, because it’s the same platform as the C1 but jacked up, it’s suppose to drive like a “car”.

1 Like

This is also the same platform as my compact hatch, just jacked up, and meant to look like an SUV, like a GLA or Infiniti QX30, or a Hyundai Kona. They always have plastic cladding. The CR1, I immediately thought it was a normal hatchback, it could also do with a flatter front end.

2 Likes

For the plastic padding, the wheel arch is a problem, so i decided to remove the plastic except from the back, CHR and HRV doesnt have much padding too isn’t it?

1 Like

HRV has it a tad less than the Kona, especially on the front, the CHR also has a tad less. The CHR also doesn’t have any padding on the fenders, but it still manages to look like a crossover

IMHO, padding the car without the wheel arch looks weird, that’s why i don’t bother padding the skirt and fron bumper, look more “clean”

I tried padding the wheel arch it looks extremely weird :smile:

1 Like