Saminda Motor Co - The all new Enver, Economical and Sleek

reviews for the C5 SEA model

here people SEA just LOVES big lights… headlights, taillamps.
although, the trend is slowly changing.

looks wise. it’s a bit out of the box, it’s not bad looking. aside from the lamps.

also, it really seems you’re basing your spec on the honda civic isn’t it?

it not a good combination IMO.
the Specs of a Civic, the engine and power of a Civic.
but the comfort and price range of an Accord.
i think it would be a bit too underpowered for it’s class.

i think the CR3 would be more apropriate for the class

Thanks for the feedback

Anyway i am Keisuke Sodeyama , chief engineer for the C5 , the engine specs is similiar to the Civic but it’s not base on the Civic. The previous RB20A1 has 153 horsepower , this year we up the engine performance to 156 horsepower hence increasing it efficiently too

The reason we put a 2.0-liter engine on the C5 for South East Asia because some of the countries have tax base on engine capacity, also the 2.0-liter is cheaper hence it’s quite popular in SEA market , however , the 1.5-liter Turbo is not introduced to SEA yet , it’s only available for North America and Japan only at the moment , if you feel that the 2.0-liter is underpower , you can always go with the 2.4-liter or a 3.5-liter version

But if you are looking for practicality , comfort and fuel efficiently , the 2.0-liter is perfect choice for you.

I have a question. How do you make all of your cars so cheap? The cars I make seem to go over $30 000 when I try to make them around $20 000.

Try not to use quality slider at all if you’re using , not even like +1 , don’t touch it totally at all , also try using cheaper blocks for your engine too , it helps , my cars are getting more expensive now , maybe due to direct injection fuel injector for my inline-4 .

[size=150]YEAR 2013[/size]

Saminda Type R , Nicknamed '‘The Amazing R’'

**The Type R is a High Performance vehicle manufactured by Saminda , With the new Type R hitting dealerships in Europe and Japan, and the much-awaited new-gen CZ6 coming soon, there’s definitely some excitement being injected back into the brand. Shibuya Kuge , CEO/President of Global Saminda said that ‘’ I feel that our brand have been lacking some ‘‘exciting’’ cars , Rather than focusing on sales number, it is important to come up with products that satisfy our customers."

Saminda has designed the new Type R as ‘a race car for the road’. It produces a healthy 300BHP and 400Nm of torque from its turbocharged 2.0-liter i-VIC engine, Saminda says there’s no design aspect of the car that is there for show, it’s all about functionality. The aerdodynamics, for instance, have been designed to create overall negative lift, which helps the car cope with its class-leading top speed of 166mph, 5.6 seconds from naught to 100km/h is still fast enough to get the blood pumping and the Type R excels in its ability to carry speed through corners. Once up and running, there’s very little that can keep up with it, and anything ahead of it will be reeled in. The new Type R is extremely capable and practical enough to make it a worthwhile consideration. If you want a blisteringly quick hot sedan that is, arguably, the fastest front wheel drive car money can buy, it’s definitely worth checking out

The Type-R will be build in UK and export to Japan

**Sales figure (2013 : 18,210

Availability : Japan and Europe****

Assembly :
Swindon , UK

Type R
Engine : KA Series , KA20F1

[size=150]Type R : $36,800[/size]

1 Like

The new Type-R is a stark reminder of how times are changing. Forced induction on a Saminda Motor might be considered sacrilegious by the purest of purists, but we have come to understand, progress is called progress for a real reason.

Saminda could still make a highly-strung four-cylinder engine that’s able to rev to the stratosphere and return decent – albeit peaky – power, but it wants to compete in today’s lucrative hot sedan segment where 300hp-plus and forced induction is the norm.

So Saminda did what it had to do with the new Type R and embraced turbo technology in the same way it has in many of its other cars in Japan. A factory-built turbocharged Type R is as interesting as it sounds, and this is probably the most exciting car to come out of Japan in the past few years, as it’s attempting to stay true to a very respected lineage of performance models that have come before it. But for now I wanted to at least share it with you in a bit more detail…

A few days after the Tokyo Motor Show I was passing by the Saminda HQ in central Tokyo when I noticed there was a rather mouthwatering display to showcase the newest arrival to the Type R family. I saw this as a much better opportunity to shoot the car, than the crowded access everyone had at the show.

It was great, as people who stopped by the display area could sit in the car and really examine it properly. That included being able to look under the Type-R bonnet and check out the 2.0-liter i-VIC turbo – the KA20F – that powers its front wheels through a short-throw 6-speed manual transmission.

The C3 Type-R have more then 20 years of heritage , but to promote the new high performance Type-R Saminda brought out first 2 latest generation of C3 Type-R, which now spans more than 6 years. Of course, the C3 Type-R back in 2009.

It was 2009 when Saminda took the C3 and decided to create a more focused and thrilling version of it by shedding weight, stiffening the chassis, re-tuning the suspension and dropping in a high-revving 225BHP version of the RA20 2.0-liter, sadly this engine stopped making since 2011. And with it came a legion of fans who enjoyed spanking ‘faster’ and far more expensive sports cars with their lightweight front-wheel drives.

And in 2010, the new C3 Type-R is no longer called the C3 Type-R , it’s only called as the Type-R , and awhile later people have given a nickname for the Type-R which is “The Amazing R”

It has a new R25 2.5-liter making 295bhp , it’s truly awesome and it won the Best Engine Award in Japan that year.

After 3 years , and now the new Type R may have gotten a bit bigger and a little heavier, but it still stays true to the ‘R’ ethos.

As is the trend these days, the new Type-R wheels are massive – 19-inch to be exact. In an FF layout the front wheels have to do a lot of work, so it’s impressive that engineers are able to achieve the levels of traction, lateral grip and ride quality with such a small sidewall. Braking is by Brembo, so you know that you can shave off speed as quickly as the turbo motor can pile it on.

This is an impressive package and one that is very much welcome now that Saminda is making big efforts in re-injecting sportiness back into its DNA. But until then I hope you enjoyed this little preview.

1 Like

Saminda C3 Azbio X 1.5 and 1.1T

Saminda C3 Azbio XS 1.5 and 1.1T

**The C3 Azbio also known as Azbio is manufactured and sold under Saminda , it is sold in Japan , Hong Kong and Singapore. For international markets, the larger and substantially different Saminda C3 is offered instead , although the international marketed C3 is also available in Japan , Saminda said it will stop selling it in local and will just focus on Azbio. The Japanese market C3 (Azbio) is shorter in length and narrower in width so as to be in compliance with Japanese Government dimension regulations so that Japanese buyers will not be liable for additional taxes , it’s also the first model from Saminda to use the 1.1-liter turbocharged engine , a 1.5-liter naturally aspirated engine is also available.

Although the international C3 does offer a Hybrid powertrain , Saminda said it has no plan for the Azbio. **

Sales figure 2013 Total : 50,120

Availability : Japan , Hong Kong and Singapore

** Assembly :
Suzuka, Japan**

C3 Azbio X 1.5
Engine : RE Series , RE15A3

C3 Azbio X 1.1T
Engine : RE Series , RE11F3

C3 Azbio XS 1.5
Engine : RE Series , RE15A3

C3 Azbio XS 1.1T
Engine : RE Series , RE11F3

[size=150]**
C3 Azbio X 1.5 : $17,500
C3 Azbio X 1.1T : $18,000
C3 Azbio XS 1.5 : $18,885
C3 Azbio XS 1.1T : $19,685**[/size]

1 Like

Great overall company styling, I’m loving that Type R. The way you use the modded grilles as chrome bars has given me ideas for my own cars. :slight_smile:

Thanks buddy :slight_smile: , and sure why not !

Saminda C1 Mover 1.3 / C1 Mover Exc 1.3

**The C1 Mover also known as Saminda Mover is a four-door hatchback car produced by Japanese automobile manufacturer Saminda and is produced in India, Thailand and Indonesia. The car was introduced in 2013.

The Mover is produced in Thailand for the Southeast Asian market. In India, the Mover is assembled for the South Asian market by the company’s subsidiary, Saminda Cars of India (SCI), at its production facilities in Greater Noida with two trims. Over 80% of its parts are sourced from Indian suppliers. The Kolkata factory also exports Mover parts to Thailand , the Mover uses a 1.3-liter RE13B i-VIC instead of the RE13A , which is not direct injected.

2 Trims is available , the standard Mover gets a 5 speed manual transmission while the Exc version get a 4 speed automatic

Sales figure 2013 : 38,543

Availability : South East Asia and South Asia

Assembly
Gurgaon, India (Saminda India)
Ayutthaya, Thailand (Saminda Ayutthaya Plant)
Karawang, Indonesia **

C1 Mover 1.3
Engine : RE Series , RE13B1

C1 Mover Exc 1.3
Engine : RE Series , RE13B1

[size=150]C1 Mover 1.3 : $15,000
C1 Mover Exc 1.3 : $16,000
[/size]

1 Like

I really like your company and love this huge variety of cars you make! :slight_smile: I have one question though: How high are the margins you usually get for your cars? 1%? 2%? Because they are so incredibly cheap… :question:

Thanks buddy appreciate your kind feedback , all my variety of cars serve diff purpose for customers

and what kind of margins are you referring to ? profit margins? if that is so , its really depends on what kind of cars i am selling , lets say the C1 Mover EXC 1.3 , total cost is $8012 , so i need 134 workers to build it for me , their salary is $20 per car , so i need to pay $20 per worker to finish up one C1 Mover, 134 times $20 is $2680 , to build the car cost $8012 , so $8012 + $2680 is $10692, and then we sell it at $16000 , so our profit margins is 33 percent per car

all this is excluding money we spend on R&D etc…
(diff kind of assembly line and cars , workers salary is diff hence you may see some cars are priced at higher price despite cost of the car and production unit is similiar)

1 Like

There’s a lot of ways to build a cheap car, less expensive materials, less quality sliders etc etc etc. Having a chassis not out of carbon fiber but out of glued aluminium for example is a great saving measure etc etc

engines also play a part. use cheaper stuff for your engine too , try playing around with your engine and you dont have to use things like lightweight piston all this

Saminda CZ1 2.0 Base (Worldwide)

Saminda CZ1 1.5T / 1.5T M (Worldwide)

Saminda CZ1 Sport (North America Only)

**The CZ1 is a lightweight roadster bulit by Saminda , it’s all new for 2013 since it discontinued on 2010 , it’s the first time that CZ1 will also be built in North America , Chief Executive of the American Saminda Motor Co. , Josh Bryan said on a press that ‘‘Americans are upset about the Type-R which is not available here , customers are important to us and we always love to hear feedback from them , however , the Type-R will not be available in America , and won’t be in near future , but we promise that the CZ1 will definitely be available here and will also be bulit here.’’

Some people think of cars as appliances. Some are car enthusiasts. And some have a deep love of driving. It’s at this last group of people, above all, that Saminda is aiming the new CZ1 , There will be three major variants of the CZ1 , base will get a 2.0-liter engine , upgraded trim will get a 1.5-liter turbocharged and is available in either 6-speed Manual or 6-speed Automatic that will be for the Worldwide market including North America , but only North America will get a 2.0-liter turbocharged mated with a 6-speed Manual tranmission with 230bhp.**

**Sales figure (2013) : 51,813

Availability : Worldwide**

** Assembly :
Takanezawa , Japan
Ohio , United States**

CZ1 2.0 Base (Worldwide)
Engine : RB Series , RB20A1C

CZ1 1.5T M (Worldwide)
Engine : RB Series , RB15F2C

CZ1 1.5T (Worldwide)
Engine : RB Series , RB15F2C

CZ1 Sport (North America Only)
Engine : KA Series , KA20F2C

[size=150]CZ1 2.0 Base (Worldwide) : $23,000
CZ1 1.5T M (Worldwide) : $29,500
CZ1 1.5T (Worldwide) : $30,500
CZ1 Sport (North America Only) : $33,500
[/size]

1 Like

Saminda C8 3.7 SC-AWD

The C8 is a Full-Size Luxury car manufactured by Saminda , The Japanese domestic market C8 , essentially a rebadged version of the Auxuras STL sold in North America since 2011.

Auxuras STL

Sales figure 2013 : 3,553
Availability : Japan only

** Assembly :
Tokyo , Japan

C8 SC-AWD
Engine : JE Series , JE37E1

[size=150]C8 SC-AWD : $58,640[/size]

1 Like

Saminda C4 S 1.8 / 1.1T

Saminda C4 SX 1.8 / 1.1T

**The C4 is a Saloon car manufactured and marketed under Saminda a carmaker from Japan , it’s exclusively only for European market, as of 2013 , Saminda doesn’t offer any high performance version of C4 anymore , Saminda’s new C4 range is equipped with a 1.8-liter i-VIC petrol and a all new 1.1-liter i-VIC ProAIR turbocharged petrol engine , One of Saminda’s priorities for the new C4 was to increase the European look and feel of a car that traditionally has maintained a Japanese ambience in spite of being partly designed and engineered, and entirely built, in Europe. The chief engineer for the C4 , Kyoda Haruki, even drove 3000km across Europe to gain a feel for the culture there, while 35 European engineers were dispatched to Japan to influence the design from there.

Standard equipment includes air-con, a USB and aux-in connection, Bluetooth connectivtiy and a leather-trimmed steering wheel. **

Sales figure 2013 : 86,228
Availability : Europe Only

** Assembly :
Swindon , United Kingdom
Ghent , Belgium

C4 S 1.1T
Engine : RE Series , RE11F2A

C4 S 1.8
Engine : RB Series , RB18A1

C4 SX 1.1T
Engine : RE Series , RE11F2A

C4 SX 1.8
Engine : RB Series , RB18A1

[size=150]**
C4 S 1.1T : $19,995
C4 S 1.8 : $21,110
C4 SX 1.1T : $23,000
C4 SX 1.8 : $24,000**[/size]

Saminda C6 Base 2.4

Saminda C6 XE 3.5 V6

Saminda C6 XE-L 3.5 V6

**The C6 is a coupe manufactured and sold under Saminda a Japanese car maker , the 2013 C6 introduce a tweaked front facia , rear facia and a new 2.4-liter i-VIC engine as previous C6 is only available in 3.5-liter V6 engine, criticism were saying that the C6 should be sold as Auxuras and sales might grow , however Auxuras is a luxury brand but it doesn’t have any coupe style body car at all.

The C6 is one of the most sophisticated coupe on the road, blending smooth power and responsive handling with cutting-edge technologies and luxurious appointments.The C6 is powered by either a 270bhp 3.5-liter V6 or a 180bhp 2.4-liter inline-4 engine, paired to a six-speed automatic transmission with manual mode and paddle shifter

Sales figure 2013 : 6,654**
Availability : North and South America

** Assembly :
Georgetown Kentucky , USA

C6 Base 2.4
Engine : KA Series , KA24A1

C6 XE 3.5 V6
Engine : JA Series , JA35Y1

C6 XE-L 3.5 V6

[size=150]**
C6 Base 2.4: $26,100
C6 XE 3.5 V6 : $30,000
C6 XE-L 3.5 V6 : $32,200**[/size]

1 Like

Saminda C7 X 3.5 V6

Saminda C7 XE 3.5 V6

Saminda C7 XE-L 3.5 V6

Saminda C7 SpectaL 3.5 V6

**The C7 is a full-size car sold under Japanese automaker Saminda , Understandably, Saminda Motor Sales want nothing to do with their all-new C7 being compared against their comparably sized and equally fresh Auxuras STL. Of course, Saminda Motor Sales is not afraid of the STL outclassing the C7 , Saminda and its luxury subsidiary Auxuras might be headquartered in Japan, but they build cars designed to glide over American roads. The full-size Saminda C7, which shares a platform with the Auxuras STL, is even built in the United States.

A recent redesign gave the C7 upscale looks and amenities, and a serious question for those in the market for a similar STL … Is the Auxuras worth all that extra money? given that the C7 sold more then 60k units this year in United States , but STL sold only 8k units, In the past, the difference between an C7 and STL was more pronounced. Today, though, if you can forgo a more prestigious badge and a superior dealership experience, the Saminda is a bargain Auxuras.

The X Trim get a old school Saminda’s 3.5-liter V6 engine with 270 horsepower , but XE trim and above get a newer direct injected 3.5-liter V6 with 284 horsepower , **

Sales figure 2013 : 67,653
Availability : North America only

**Assembly :
Georgetown Kentucky , USA

C7 X 3.5 V6

C7 XE 3.5 V6
Engine : JA Series , JA35Y5

C7 XE-L 3.5 V6

C7 SpectaL 3.5 V6