Home | Wiki | Discord | Dev Stream | YouTube | Archived Forums | Contact

Saminda Motor Co - The new Pittari crossover, あなたにぴったりの乗り物

YEAR 2019

The all new Brilliant MPV, A family mover with Characteristic.

Saminda Brilliant Premium 1.8 (CVT)

Engine : YB Series (Introduced in 2003) , YB18A2 (with 4th generation i-VIC)

Saminda Brilliant Luxury 1.8 (CVT)

Engine : YB Series (Introduced in 2003) , YB18A2 (with 4th generation i-VIC)

The Saminda Brilliant (Japanese : サミンダ- ブリリアント Saminda Buririanto) is a compact MPV manufactured by Saminda Malaysia for the South East Asia market, it’s the first Saminda to be designed in Malaysia. The Brilliant currently is not available in Japan but it’s not certain in the near future.

Design
The Brilliant design seems to be derived from Saminda’s current design language, making it instantly recognisable as Saminda’s work of art.

Engine
It uses a 1.8-liter inline-4 SOHC i-VIC engine produces 142bhp and 165nm of torque mated to a CVT transmission, the YB series produces good low end torque for a smoother drive.

The Brilliant MPV proves that it continues to deliver what generations of Saminda drivers have come to know and love - performance and reliability.

Designed by : Nakasato Ishida

Availability
South East Asia only

Assembly
Pahang, Malaysia (Saminda Malaysia Sdn. Bhd)

Brilliant Premium 1.8 CVT : $21,220
Brilliant Luxury 1.8 CVT : $23,550

Saminda quality issue have been improved, still more improvement needed said Yuko Nagoya, CEO of Saminda Global

TOKYO, JAPAN - Saminda Motor Co. have been suffering from quality issues since late 2014, the Japanese company have since strengthen it quality controls worldwide.

“Saminda manufacture some of the best engines in the world, with a failure rate of 1 in 289 but due to quality issue, stats shows that it had down to around 1 in 192, the failure rate is still low but they could do better” said Consumers Report.

Just yesterday, American Saminda Motor Co. have announced that they are recalling all models that are equipped with the 1.5-liter turbocharged engine from model year 2015 onwards that the piston may misfire due to cracked valve seal if the vehicle is parked under the hot sun, this is the 4th time Saminda have recalled it turbocharged engines.

“Saminda still sees 10% gain in sales on 2018, it cars still recieve many accolade and they are still a good brand, but not just what they used to be” says a editor in KBB.

YEAR 2020

The sport car killer is here, introducing the new CZ5.

(A promotional poster showing Sachiuri Sagitta alongside with the Saminda CZ5)

Saminda CZ5

Engine : Maesima MCQ Series , MC-QF395N-FH

The Saminda CZ5 (Japanese : サミンダ- CZ5) is a sports car manufactured by Saminda beginning in 1970, The first generation CZ5 were produced from 1970 to 1980

(First generation CZ5 from 1970-1980 before it ended production)

The second-generation CZ5 is assembled alongside the Sachiuri Sagitta in Alabama, United States

Design
With agreement by both Saminda and Maesima, Maesima allowed Saminda to have it own redesign CZ5 but without any aerodynamics sacrifice, the CZ5 was designed by Saminda Japan and approved by Maesima factory in Alabama.

Engine
Upon startup, the high-performance V8 exhales through an advanced variable active exhaust, the 4.4-liter V8 provides a classic sound that will excite and enthrall driving enthusiasts. Based on the engine in the Sachiuri sL800 sLR800 high-performance models, the CZ5 naturally aspirated produced 493bhp and 463 Nm of peak torque. The 32-valve cylinder heads, equipped with performance-tuned Variable Valve Timing and Variable Valve Lift, take full advantage of the engine’s low internal friction and aggressive valvetrain specs. The injection system uses direct fuel injection that allows a high compression ratio (12.3:1; 10.5:1 ActivBoost variant), augmented by port fuel injectors to enhance low-speed response.

Legend is back
‘‘The first CZ5 represent Saminda in the racing world, reviving CZ5 shows that Saminda is and always is committed to performance and driving experience’’ said Nako Yashimita, project leader for the CZ5.

Designed by : Nako Yashimita based on Sachiuri Sagitta

Availability
Currently only in Japan, future plans not yet to announce

Assembly
Alabama, United States by Maesima Motors

Saminda CZ5 : $68,500

I was going to say, by “sport car killer” do you mean kills itself when the engine commits die and the model has to be recalled?

Then I had to revise that comment because I realised this is a rebadge of another brand.

Then I realised that brand was Maesima, so my original question probably still stands :joy::ok_hand:

More like a killer sports car - it’s hard to go wrong when Maesima has a hand in its development - and the result will certainly give the opposition sleepless nights for quite some time.

Saminda’s 1.5-liter turbocharged engine will be redesigned

DETROIT, US - American Saminda Motor Co. have announced that it problematic 1.5-liter turbocharged engine will go thru a “redesign”, both of it 1.5 and 2.0-liter turbocharged engine was design and manufactured by American Saminda R&D in it Alabama engine plant unlike the 1.1-liter turbocharged engine which is in Japan. However, only the 1.5-liter version has been having problems.

Saminda response was “Our initial test of the 1.5-liter on a 48 hours basis shows that the turbo sometimes can cause the engine pressure from getting too high, more than it can tolerate since we tried to make the engine as compact and light as possible”.

The 1.5-liter turbocharged engine is currently part of RE series while the redesign will be an all-new series.

The upcoming 2020 C3 will be the first to recieve it redesign engine.

YEAR 2019

The new Pittari crossover, あなたにぴったりの乗り物

Saminda Pittari X 1.1t CVT (2WD or 4WD)

Engine : LC Series (Introduced in 2015) , LC11A1 (ProAIR turbocharged with 3rd generation i-VIC)

Saminda Pittari XS 1.1t CVT (2WD or 4WD)

Engine : LC Series (Introduced in 2015) , LC11A1 (ProAIR turbocharged with 3rd generation i-VIC)

The Saminda Pittari (Japanese : サミンダ- ピッタリ Saminda Pittari) is a mini SUV manufactured by Saminda based on the New Structural (nS) platform. Its development was led by Saminda chief engineer Akira Matsumoto. Pittari means ‘‘Perfect’’ in Japanese.

The Saminda Pittari is the latest SUV lineup which is also the smallest.

Practicality
Saminda says they are targeting customers who want to drive an SUV, who want to load their cars with a lot of luggage, but also need the car to be compact and easy to drive. In an effort to meet this brief, the Pittari comes with a 365-liter boot space and 60:40 split folding rear seats.

Engine
Power comes from a 1.1-liter turbo engine with CVT which combined with newly developed light-weight, highly rigid body and suspension, help the Pittari deliver better handling stability and ride comfort, as well as the stellar torque, fuel efficiency, and driving joy that 1.5-liter engines are known for. All trims come with an 4WD drive option.

Designed by : Akira Matsumoto

Availability
Japan released, South East Asia and East Asia will be releasing soon

Assembly
Shiga, Japan

Pittari X 1.1t CVT (2WD) : ¥1,652,220
Pittari X 1.1t CVT (4WD) : ¥1,814,550
Pittari XS 1.1t CVT (2WD) : ¥1,992,260
Pittari XS 1.1t CVT (4WD) : ¥2,236,345