#SaveTheWagons AUTOMATION CHALLENGE

Hi guys, im here to announce another challenge for you: the #SaveTheWagon. In a world full of SUV’s the wagons are slowly dying, but it still a awesome car bodies with awesome representatives like Audi RS6 and Mercedes AMG E63 Wagon. Like the last time, I made a video talking more about this challenge but it’s in brazilian portuguese (- YouTube) so focus on the rules here to don’t get disqualified.

BODY RULES

Car needs to be build in stable version (non-beta)
Car and engine age of production: 2019
Car body: Wagon 5/4 doors

ENGINE RULES

Fuel Type: Premium
Prohibited use of carburetors
Prohibited use of race intake
Must have catalytic converter and second muffler
Production Units: 60
Engineering Time: 45

CAR RULES

No 4x4
No sequencial transmission
No semi slick tyres
Must have, at least, ABS
Maximum fuel consumption: 6 km/l (5,9 or less is prohibited)
Car must be sold in Gasmea
Production Units: 145
Engineering Time: 45

CAR JUDGING

Scores (0 to 5):
Engine (Power, Reliability)
Car (Price, Fuel economy, Comfort, Safety, Score (Fam. Sport P.), Style, Realism, Potency, Handling)

TRIAL PHASE

The challenge will have 2 stage (the scores for each position will depend of the quantity of entries):
Automation Test Track: Race Track Circuit
West Coast, USA: Highway Intersection
In case of draw I will do a drag race in West Coast, USA: Drag strip as Tie breaker race.
I will made a video of this entire trial phase from the first impressions to the results in my youtube channel: Noob Entusiasta - YouTube.

ENTERING THE COMPETITION

To entering the competition will need to send the .car file of your car for me in Message here or in Discord, you’ll find me on my discord channel (Discord) until february 15.

So that’s it, good luck for all.

3 Likes

Just for clarification, is that right, because it works out to 16.6L/100Km, or 14MpG (US)… which is close to mid-90’s V8 economy.

1 Like

This is a wagon. Is it allowed?

2 Likes

No, only 4/5 doors wagons

I wrote wrong, this is the maximum allowed fuel consumption, thank you for notifying

1 Like

Super fuel seems overkill.

1 Like

I copy and past from my another challenge and forgot to change the fuel type, thanks for notifying

1 Like

Does ‘no 4x4’ include AWD?

I think race headers for normally aspirated engines should also be prohibited - they have a “No Mass Production” flag. By extension, any other parts listed as “No Mass Production” in 2019 (such as hand-made interiors) ought to be banned altogether. But why is there no price limit, nor even a markup?

Hey Guys,

Here’s my entry - the Me-gone RS Wagon.

It’s running north of … 900bhp and yes it 100% meets the fuel economy requirements!

Laps the Intersection course in less than 2 minutes.

1 Like

AWD is allow, is different from 4x4

I don’t like to made a much restrictive challenge, I think it will be boring and, for me, is better to see what good cars people can make with the ET and PU limits, where the best “engineers” did better. My only problem is the power of the cars, I really want to balance this without limit them. Still this challenge have a “Realism” score for the participants but @Pugehenis made a 900bhp 5 cilinders, it’s totally unreal a manufacturer sell a road legal wagon with this configuration.

1 Like

If I ran a car company… I would totally sell a 900bhp estate…

Hey guys, passing to remember that the challenge deadline is after tomorrow. No one car will be accepted after february 16 at 00:00 brasilia time.

Entries close guys, thanks for all the 9 cars who will participate in our competition. Video will be made soon and launch in my channel and will be a little bit different from the first impressions of the 1000cc Cup, hope you like it.

I’m curious. Did anyone else use an old body style? Or did everyone else use the newer bodies?

https://youtu.be/3wOQrlmzSwI, hey guys, first impression video went out, english notes and scores in the discription.

https://youtu.be/u-kTrhXJVbg, Hey guys, first race of #SaveTheWagons challenge video went out, english notes and lap times in the discription.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy5pnTxfE0k, Hey guys, second race of #SaveTheWagons challenge video went out, english notes and lap times in the discription.

https://youtu.be/FxbgpfTko0g, Hey guys, the last video of #SaveTheWagons challenge went out, the results is detailed in the description.