Home | Wiki | Discord | Dev Stream | YouTube | Archived Forums | Contact

Scale model building

Do we have any model builders in here? Sadly I haven’t finished much this year but I have been building lots through the years…

Some of my work from the last years:

Mercedes-Benz Actros

VW Beetle

Ford Galaxie (replica of my fathers 1:1 car)

VW Karmann Ghia

VW Golf

Chrysler Imperial

VW Scirocco

Ford Sierra XR4i

VW Caravelle

Ford Thunderbird

Chevrolet G30 Van

Nice work. IMO, the best one there is the Galaxie. Haven’t built a model myself in… wait, what year is it?.. A Looooooong time.

Yeah, I tried to build it as true to the 1:1 as I could…and I think that it went quite well, maybe the blue should have been a little bit brighter…

Also, I leave this thread open to other peoples builds too, so feel free to post. :slight_smile:

I’ve stopped building a long time ago. Too expensive of a hobby to maintain together with restoring a real car. I’ll gather some pics of my old models.

I’ve managed to find some photos of my models on an old forum. Most of those were already sold or dismantled for parts.

It’s really some lovely work there…

My current project…Volvo FH12, yellow metallic and black metallic, with gold metalflake over everything…

Started on a 48 Chevy today… Slammed on spoke wheels can never be wrong on a Chevy this age, huh?

Just took pics of some cars that I’ve built but never photographed.

This Interceptor is a papercraft I’ve printed on heavy black paper, and build with some model car parts. A heavy rust and wash job complete the look.

This beach buggy started life as a 1953 Ford Crestline Victoria, dismantled after an accident and turned into a fun machine.

This Chevrolet 3100 pickup had a top chop and received a Chevy 502 paired with a Toronado transmission on the rear, along with a “solid axle” rear suspension (the powertrain is suspended with the wheels and axles)

That’s a Ford model A body over a '70 Corvette chassis, with a Chevy V8 and a custom intake for a Dodge Six Pack. And '57 Chevy headlights.

That’s one of my favorites. This Chevelle is owned by a desert dweller on a post apocalyptic enviroment. It runs on a watercooled electric motor powered by a solar panel over the top. The suspension is raised and the trunk is full of batteries for running in dark conditions. There’s a detailed stripped interior with a spare tyre and the power cables, along with a voltimeter on the dash. There’s also a crowbar for safety.

!

This one started life as a damaged AMT 57 Bel Air customizing kit. It’s waaay far from it now. The top was chopped and shortened, the body was raked and narrowed, and a supercharged 426 Hemi was dropped on it. Surprisingly, the chassis is completely stock, apart from the lowered front suspension.

(upload://htkpiKMyxZZbynFWIoWYcabYx2I.jpg)

!

So…what have I done in almost two years? Actually, quite a lot.

1948 Chevy Fleetline Aerosedan

1937 Chevy Coupé

Chevy Van (yes, I used the horrible custom parts in the box, just because I could, they didn’t fit very well either, so yes, it should look this awful :smiley: )

1970 Chevy Camaro (horrible fit issues up front, I should have checked them up better before painting, oh well…)

Volvo 240 turbo, built as a birthday gift for a friend since her favourite car is the 240.

Ferrari 512TR targa conversion…boring and unispiring model to build… :frowning:

Volvo FH12 XL70, I guess 1997 since the XL70 appears to have been a special edition to celebrate Volvo’s 70 year anniversary.

Lotus Esprit, one of my dream cars and yellow just like it should be. :wink:

Audi 80, 90s tuner style…

For all their faults (whatever they are) , everything you have made in the past two years has turned out better than I thought it would. Well done, and keep up the good work!

Yeah, I looked at my 2019 builds a while ago and realized that my improvments during this time are quite impressive. The 48 Chevy, the two Volvos, the Lotus and the Audi are on a level I thought I would never reach tbh… Not trying to brag, just being satisfied.