[SCORES RELEASED] Buying a Sporty 5-Door Hatchback Challenge

Buying a Sporty 5-Door Hatchback in Greece of 2009

SUBMISSIONS CLOSED

“It’s 2009, just a year before the Greek Depression. Giannis is a Greek dude in his late 20’s who has a very stable and well-paying job, and he has decided he wants to treat himself with a new car, having a budget of $21000. He decides he wants to ditch his old car in favour of a nice, fast, practical, five-seater, five-door hatchback that he can park and move around easily in. He wants it to look real good, being obsessed with design himself, he wants it to be fast and not be too expensive to buy, nor to maintain, so anything with more than 6cyls is a big no. He also dislikes automatic transmissions, especially old-fashioned torque-converter ones, he loves being involved while driving. He’s definitely not looking at buying a luxury car, however a cd-player, power steering, abs, traction control and a medium-range interior are a must for him. With fuel prices at almost 1€/litre, it absolutely must not consume more than 7.5L/100km while running on Unleaded 95. Lastly, due to the Greek tax system, he can’t have a car with more than 1849cc, as it will be taxed heavily.”

Rules

Year : 2009
Body : Any Five-door hatchback body not older than 10 years that is not modified
Budget : $21000 after a 50% Markup
Engine Restriction : No more than 1849cc, no more than 6 cylinders
Performance : Less than 9secs to hit 100kmh/62mph, a top speed of at least 210kmh/130mph
Interior/Electronics : At least Standard Interior with Basic CD, PS/ABS/TC, Standard 00’s safety
Fuel : Premium Unleaded (95 RON), mustn’t consume more than 7.5L/100KM (31.3MPG US - 37.6MPG UK)
Mods : You’re allowed to use any mods you wish, as long as they’re available on the Steam Workshop
Appearance : Must be road legal, attempt at making it look nice, and especially not overly futuristic/busy.

Scoring Criteria

Automation in-game stats will count as points based on select multipliers, as well as some other criteria. All points will be added up for the final score.

Drivability Score Multiplier : 0.8x
Sportiness Score Multiplier : 1.1x
Comfort Score Multiplier : 0.8x
Prestige Score Multiplier : 0.8x
Safety Score Multiplier : 0.8x
Practicality Score Multiplier : 1.0x
Utility Score Multiplier : 1.0x
Offroad Score Multiplier : 0.6x
1 Point per sec under 0:02:30.0 on the test track
1 Point per 0.1 sec less it needs hit 100kmh/62mph
1 Point per 0.1L/100km it consumes than limit
1 Point per 10kmh/6.2mph more of top speed
2 Points per 100cc less than 1849cc
Giannis will also give an added 1 to 20 points based on how much he likes the exterior design

How To Submit

1. Name your car in this format : HATCH - Username e.g. HATCH - TheMiltos21
  2. Save it
  3. Click Sandbox, find your car, click on export
  4. Go to your Automation Game folder, find Export, find the .zip of your Hatchback Challenge submission and send it to me over PM.

Accepted Entries - SCORES - RANK

@HighOctaneLove : 303.7 - 11th place
@VicVictory : 314.3 - 3rd place
@Nialloftara : 306.0 - 8th place
@cpufreak101 : 319.4 - 2nd place
@8bs : 293.1 - 17th place
@oppositelock : 307.1 - 7th place
@Kitswift : 346.2 - 1st place
@F17Francesco : 298.8 - 14th place
@DeusExMackia : 295.4 - 16th place
@TR8R : 278.6 - 20th place
@AirJordan : 302.7 - 12nd place
@gridghost : 308.1 - 4th place
@abg7 : 302.4 - 13th place
@one85db : 298.2 - 15th place
@JohnWaldock : 292.5 - 18th place
@lordvader1 : 307.2 - 6th place
@rk38 : 259.9 - 21st place
@Dorifto_Dorito : 304.8 - 10th place
@doncornaldie : 292.0 - 19th place
@harizvet1 : 305.3 - 9th place
@MarcoAlla : 309.0 - 5th place

Good luck everybody! Marketing brochures and pictures of the cars are accepted in the replies, including usual marketing stuff like horsepower numbers and 0-62 times, just don’t show off your automation stats yet!

16 Likes

I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of iterations of hot hatch challenges. As an aside I’m also very happy to see a shopping challenge that exists outside the CSR. We do need more of this.

Is there any taxation for output? As in, will turbo be ok?

1 Like

from what i know, he is basing this on Greece, and they do not have any sort of extra tax or penalty on Turbo’s (in fact, many cars there are turbo) so you should be good

1 Like

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…

…ME GUSTA

8 Likes

So I was inspired and I built this…

2009 Bogliq Kitten Sport

Can’t wait to see all the entrants! :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

I’m in! Except a half hot Kunai

Save me a spot, this looks like a good challenge. And nice to see someone using score multipliers again, haven’t had that for a little while!

2 Likes

Looks like there are no complaints/suggestions so far, so the challenge is going LIVE! :slight_smile:

Also, of course turbo and vvt are allowed, just like eco pistons etc, so you’re free to make anything you want. Also please no modded car bodies that achieve higher mpg etc.

3 Likes

HighOctaneLove’s entry is the first one!

FYI, you don’t need to announce every time an entry is approved, you can just tag them with @)their name) in the first post under your accepted entries :slight_smile:

Yes I know, just kinda wanted to let people know the challenge is really up and running

1 Like

No specs yet, though Galt has made an interesting decision to still use 1939 standard sealed beam headlamps.

7 Likes

Dear sir,

Please take a look at our model Tiga. It’s a small and sporty 5 doors hatchback, 5 seats, Sportline trim. It’s the top of the line version, featuring 173hp. Easy to park, practical, economical, safe, well trimmed and comfortable enough for your day to day use. But that’s one side of the story. The other side, well…here, take the keys, full tank, and go for a weekend test drive, our courtesy, no compromise.

After that, all you have to do is to choose the colour and the rims. :sunglasses:

Here’s our lame brochure!

Cheers!

16 Likes

One sporty hatchback ordered, one sporty hatchback delivered: The Scarab Flare S

7 Likes

Quick question, apologies if asked already: is it ok to submit a car with an older trim due to company lore? For example I have a car that was engineered in 2008. Or do I need to change the model, trim year or both?

edit: also forgot, are you accepting negative tech sliders on safety? my lore car seems to have this…

Damn those takata airbags.

In my case it’s more like “crumple zones? What are those?”

Raziel Classe B Lusso Sport 150
I4 1.7l 150HP
Sportiva e lussuosa per la città

10 Likes

Erin will be entering the 2009 Erin Merna X 1.8 to this competition.

Well, technically it’s the 2007 Erin Merna X, but that’s not important… :stuck_out_tongue:

Powered by an X Department-tuned Millenial 1.8l i4 (N/A with VVTL and Direct Injection) that has been reworked with performance headers, individual throttle bodies and a sports exhuast, this zippy little hatch has 194hp being shoved through the front wheels.

Lightened interior, sports aero kit, flared wheel arches and ever-so-slightly more aggresive styling; it’s a classic serving of Erin hot-hatchness! :sunglasses:

I did try out a non-hot hatch version, essentially just a powerful top-of-the-range trim version of the Mk 7 Merna, which I get the impression was what the challenge guidelines were asking of me, but I decided to go full hot-hatch, because why the hell not.

12 Likes

Presenting the First Order Automotive 2009 CIty 1.4.

This is the 1.4, turbo charged, XT version.

Top speed is ---- fast enough.

0-62mph is -----WELL fast enough

Price is cheap enough.

Enough has been said.

9 Likes