Search for a car: COUPE. finished /

It’s the year 1997. working my boring job, day by day i saved enough money and i have decided that i want a car. be it brand new or first hand. i don’t like when a car had many owners. anyway im searching for a fun car that is easy to maintain and isn’t a gas guzzler. A Coupe would be perfect for me

for what i will use the car? i like to spend weekends going somewhere with the car. i fill the trunk with clothes, energy drinks and snacks. and head to visit places i have never been before. sometimes when i want to save money for fuel, i dont go in a hotel, but rather sleep on the back seats.

snow. most people hate snow but i really love it, you can have fun with car without wearing the clutch or the tyres. most people aren’t into cars and won’t understand it

Rules

• Year of model, trim, engine are open, up to 1997
  • Maximum budget 15.000 with 20% markup
  • 2 or 3 door only
  • can use premium or regular

Scoring

Highest weight on looks, price, reliability (engine and car)
Moderate weight on drivability, sportiness, 0-100 time, fuel economy
Low weight: running costs, service costs

deadline: 31.1.2017
or 1.31.2017 for americans

how to send the entry
model: SFC - yourname
trim: your car’s name

engine: SFC- yourname
trim: engine name

people who entered:
@vmo
@one85db
@jonthefuzz
@Rk38
@Sillyducky
@HighOctaneLove
@Corvette6317
@gridghost
@TR8R
@abg7
@MarcoAlla
@4LGE

export
ahertono - SFC - abg7.zip (29.3 KB)
High_Octane_Love - SFC-HighOctaneLove.zip (25.2 KB)
el chasco - Urban MK3.zip (24.1 KB)
4lge - SFC - 4LGE.zip (30.0 KB)
Jonthefuzz - SFC-jonthefuzz.zip (23.4 KB)
FN-2199 - SFC-TR8R.zip (22.5 KB)
MarcoAlla - SFC-MarcoAlla.zip (79.8 KB)
SFC - Corvette6317.zip (25.0 KB)
gridghost - SFC-gridghost.zip (31.6 KB)
one85db - SFC - one85db.zip (22.9 KB)
Sillyducky2001 - SFC - Sillyducky.zip (24.3 KB)
Rk38 - SFC - Rk38.zip (217.1 KB)

5 Likes

Where did it all go?

1 Like

Just because you don’t like lordvader challenges doesn’t mean you are allowed to derail the thread.

2 Likes

If rephrased in a certain way, the post might have possibly been more constructive, I suppose.

Open disclosure: lordvader actually approached me to help refine and format the rules of the challenge. I don’t know the details of scoring, but I’d like to vluch that this is a genuine attempt to run something decently, so maybe give it a chance.

Weighting Looks generally isn’t a good idea for a challenge, as they are subjective. It only works if you do a public vote to see who’s is liked the most.

Just my 2c on the matter.

3 Likes

I’d disagree, if it’s stated clearly in the rules. It’s realistic, and… don’t we (or at least some of us) design our cars to be appreciated not only by ourselves, but by the others too? And it adds some surprise factor to the challenge, which might be interesting.

1 Like

Interesting challenge.

It’ll took me some time, since I’m busy with ABL, KOH, CSR and Tokyo Show, but expect a Gamma entry, I already have the right car for you.

The Weighting is fine if it goes by public vote. I wouldn’t think it fine if it wasn’t. If it’s his subjective thoughts, I think it shouldn’t be heavily weighted.

1 Like

I need to agree that it is a little too weighted, maybe with moderate weight or even low weight it would be for the best.

1 Like

I wasn’t trying to derail the challenge, sorry if it seemed that way. I was just screwing around a bit.

I also will participate in ti, looks interesting and fun.

1 Like

Entered!

as did I

so far so good

Need I say more?
The 1997 Fahrzeug M1 i

6 Likes

That drivability score… It’s quite high even for what I thought was a front-driver (but is actually RWD). I am now thinking of building another RWD coupe, but would rather focus on sportiness.

That is a RWD, not sure how I got that score either tbh, not even active sport or even air, just passive

Given that the rules pretty much force you to build a RWD coupe, no, you wouldn’t be adding any variety :joy:

Here’s my entry for the SFC…

Presenting the 1987 Bogliq Slyde Sport

Smooth, stylish, quick. The MY87 Slyde is the everyman’s sports coupe. Cheap to run, cheap to own and will be desireable for many years to come, the Bogliq Slyde is the answer you’re looking for… And all this for only $12,720 driveaway!!!

Don’t delay, visit your friendly Bogliq dealer today.

Buy better, buy Bogliq!

8 Likes

i see no one is going for a turbo. shame i expected someone to be like a 200sx

Unfortunately, the turbo version of my entry wasn’t available until 2002.