Sillymods [Currently frozen WIP]

YAAAAAAAAAAS!!!

And for the other WIP’s I would do a 10’s and 00’s aston body.

1 Like

For a long wheelbase (>3.0m) 2000s coupe - Maserati GranTurismo / Mercedes-Benz CL
For a medium wheelbase (2.5-3.0m) 2000s coupe - Aston Martin DBS / Jaguar XKR
For a short wheelbase (2.0-2.5m) 2000s coupe - 996 Porsche 911 / Audi TT

Those are my picks.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback.

[quote=“squidhead, post:99, topic:6323”]
Also if you’re looking for a cool coupe for 2000’s we could use another RR body like a 911, we also could use a cool MR small convertible (Boxter). [/quote]

I didn’t think I wanted or needed one… but now I want a small FR/MR convertible! I might start that one after I finish (or get bored…or stuck) the 917K.

Kei sports car like the Suzuki Cappuccino! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t have specifically coupe idea, but what about non-Boxster body? :slight_smile:

Yes, I’ll do a boxer-ish body, and I’ll adjust the morphs so it might resemble a TT coupe. The 917K body is going well, maybe I’ll finish it earlier than I though.

1 Like

If you’re looking for something to add to your list for a later time, I wouldn’t mind some big “dictator’s cars” from the 40’s. You know, typical long-wheelbase huge cars designed as the pinnacle of luxury.

1 Like

please please please build some decent scoops we are really let down by the bonnet options

Bonnets are just fine. I’d say we need more vents. Ones that are like the gallardo side vent but are actually square, so we can fit those easier

I can’t compromise, but we’ll see later. After I finish updating my companies threads, I will resume my work on the boxer-ish and the non-917.

@Darkshine5 @squidhead I’m sorry, but I don’t know how to make fixtures, so I’m going to stick with the car bodies :slight_smile:

We love you anyways. :smiley:

3 Likes

Next time you find yourself looking for a new project, I feel like the 60s could use a solid, front-engine sports car body for people looking to make a performance car without going the mid-engine route. All of the options from that era usually end up being a pretty significant downgrade from the vanilla 1940s sports car body. They tend to be able to only fit puny tires without copious quality slider use, or they become extremely front-heavy if you try to use an even remotely beefy engine, or both. Really, the only attractive option to me is the larger Aston Martin/Ferrari GT car look alike, and even that still ends up being inferior to the 40s sports car body. Not that there’s anything wrong with that body, it can easily be made to look like quite a few cars from the era, but a little variety would be nice.

I’m thinking something like

or

As long as it has similar drag to the 40s sports car, weight distribution that makes fitting larger engines feasible, and is able to fit similarly sized tires, I feel like it would be a nice addition to the game. It doesn’t necessarily have to look like the two images I linked. Any design with a long bonnet would do.

It’d be wonderful for you to consider making a car to fulfill this role once you wrap up your current plans, but it is of course your decision. Maybe some of you guys will like my suggestion, or maybe you can explain to me why it isn’t such a good idea :slight_smile:

How about a not c1 or c2 corvette body, the 50s/60s lacks americana sports cars

I plan on doing a 60s GT body, not sure when I’ll get to it though.

2 Likes

Sorry for the lack of updates.
The non-917 is still in the making, I finished a mesh long ago, but I didn’t like the result, so I’m re making it, trying to make it less rough than my previous attempt.

EDIT: A picture is worth a thousand words.

6 Likes

I give you a 917… FOR ANTS!

Could somebody tell me why that happened? :disappointed: the size is different in 3DS. In the picture below, there is a box roughly the same size as the car body, and is 4 meters long, not 40 cms!

EDIT: I just sorted out by changing units from mm to inches to cm.

3 Likes

Would the smallest I4 engine even fit into the miniature version?

It can’t even fit into a chassis…

Thecarlover had the same thing happen to his Range Rover body. He should most definetely be able to help.

If only we could do RC cars. That’d make an awesome scale model. Sadly, we’re not trying to market cars to hamsters.

(I apologize, I just found it amusing and this brightened my day significantly.)

1 Like