Sillymods [Currently frozen WIP]

Remember not to do the rear at 90 deg (exactly vertical).

1 Like

Yup, I will do that, the sides as well. Is there any reason for not being at 90Ā°? Other than it looks weird? :grin:

Fixtures donā€™t work very well with 90 degree faces and they ā€œsink intoā€ the body instead of cutting properly

So, the 2000s race car is up, the link is in the OP.

That specific shape with copious amounts of downforce according to my calculations (as a LMP1 car) should have a Cd around 0.49, and without downforce it should be 0.374, minus 650 hp of cooling (thatā€™s the power the Lola-Aston Martin B09/60 had in 2009) the final Cd ended up in 0.1801. The lift values are similar to the non-mclaren body (but with more lift in the front).

I added the download link in the OP. The stand alone will be added later on.

For the next WIP Iā€™m planning a something between a BMW i8 and the new Ford GT, to unlock in 2014-2015.
Iā€™ll publish a picture when I finish the 3ds mesh :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I added the stand alone link to the OP. I also fixed a wing placement issue.

1 Like

Update: the Ford GT body is quite difficult to model :sweat: but it is being modeled, slowly (Itā€™s the 3rd time I finish a mesh, but since I donā€™t really like it, I re-do it from scratch).

Also, I added in the OP a list of some bodies I plan to make (not in a particular order) :slight_smile:

8 Likes

The late 60s racer is the first mid-engined body to be introduced with enough space to accommodate a high-displacement V12, so you can build a big brother to the 60s mid-engined coupe by @Corvette6317 if you are so inclined. However, unlike the large 10s LMP from @vmo, your 00s prototype can fit a high-displacement V12 in its engine bay - a boon for early 00s hypercar builders everywhere. Granted, itā€™s not the most livable thing on the road, with no rear window, but with provision for so much power, whoā€™s going to even have a chance of overtaking you?

No.

Thank youā€¦

6 Likes

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

1 Like

Heā€™s the Chris Evans of this forum.

3 Likes

Bad news everybody, I canā€™t use 3DS anymoreā€¦ something messed up with my graphic card and 3DSā€¦ and long story short, I canā€™t run it properly anymore. It seems I will wait until the Unreal shift :pensive:

I think that was one of the things that caused my issue, I recently updated my video and processor drivers and some windows drivers too :confused:

My guess, given Iā€™ve had this problem a ton of times in the past with Windows Updates, is Windows installed the default turbo-shit generic graphics drivers for your GPU again. Iā€™d advise to wipe the GPU drivers and try a reinstall of those.

4 Likes

I hope this trick works so you can get back to modding again. In the meantime, keep fleshing out the history of your companies.:slight_smile:

One further step in what Madrias says, did you get the Anniversary update for Windows? The last major update massively changed the structure of how graphics are handled and updating drivers kept throwing strange errors at me, maybe a Windows update is doing something along the lines of that?

Wellā€¦ re installing drivers and re-installing 3ds didnā€™t work :confused:

Iā€™m just going to sit here waiting for the unreal revamp (unless I buy a new computer)

Perhaps try an older driver that did work? Iā€™ve found sometimes programs really work better with older drivers.

Sorry to hearā€¦ I know issues like this tend to eat away at you.

Are you on Windows 10?. If so, this isnā€™t the first time I hear of issues between 3DS and Win10. A lot of programs donā€™t seem to play well with it. Itā€™s an inevitable issue with every new iteration of an operating systemā€¦ but it seems that itā€™s worse this time around.

As Madrias said above, try an older version of your drivers. Older versions of Windows even allowed you to uninstall updatesā€¦ but seeing how hard theyā€™re pushing Win10 upon the massesā€¦ I take it they wonā€™t let you do that anymore?

I can confirm it works for me, but I canā€™t speak for everyone. And rolling back drivers still worksā€¦ but it is a nuisance.

1 Like