Snetterton Circuit

Iā€™m back again with another BTCC circuit, this time the Snetterton Circuit. Situated by the A11, it is near Norfolk, England and derives its name from the nearby village of Snetterton. Again, it was originally an RAF airfield. It ceased operations in 1948, and shortly after, began hosting motorcycle races in 1953. The track was used by both Team Lotus (Formula One) and Norfolk Racing (Le Mans) to test their racing cars. In the 1960s and early 1970s the circuit was 2.7 miles in length. In October 2005, Jonathan Palmer of MotorSport Vision, the owners of Snetterton Circuit, announced that the circuit would undergo extensive rebuilding work, in order to lengthen the circuit and improve its facilities. Once more, in September 2010, the circuit underwent major revamping to prepare for the 2011 motorsport season. The main developments to the track included a new, one mile infield section after Sear Corner, which itself would be reprofiled and renamed Montreal. The final chicane before Senna Straight would also be removed and replaced by an extension to Coram curve coupled with a new, tight, left-hand corner named Murrays. In addition to the track work, the redevelopment also improved spectator viewing and increased safety.

As of now, some of the major events that occur here are the:

• British Touring Car Championship
  • British Formula Three
  • British GT Championship
  • British Superbike Championship

Enjoy!

==Changelog ==
v1 Track created, length accurate, elevations and sportiness match real track.

== Download ==
Snetterton v1.zip

3 Likes

Thanks for doing all these :slight_smile: i will have fun with them.

Glad you are enjoying! I have a lot of free time, so expect a lot more tracks coming from me