So then...the new Top Gear

hands up for mr. regular to be in the top gear :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually the “The turbo’s spool up so late that you’ve halfway changed gear by then I JUST WIPED AND I NEED TO POOP AGAAAAAAIN” style would be still better than Evans. But I am afraid that each track test would be a TRACKDAY, BRO.

1 Like

I must say, with episode 3, Chris has made the show very much brilliant. That’s the Harris one, not the Evans, Evans is still painful to watch, even though he is quieter now, (Not by much, and only in the audi segment). Rory is a pleasure to watch aswell. Ken Block segment was nicely done. In any case, if you’re watching Episode 3, just skip all Evans and watch a great show. That is the one I’d rather watch, one without shouting evans.

Also remember when everybody complained star in a RP car was 10 minutes of the show wasted? Well this week it’s 20 minutes of Evans shouting at 2 black guys pretending those were questions.

1 Like

Agreed, Chris Harris and Rory Reid segments were great. I hope to see them more often on the main show.

Chris Evans needs to loosen up on the star interviews. The format of letting guests read lines from a screen, asking the audience which car picture is cooler, all that just feels forced. Why not have just one guest? Is someone at BBC forcing them to cram more celebrities on the show to achieve viewer ratings? I hope they’re just doing it temporarily to populate the scoreboard.

Anyway, I’m glad to see the show improving.

The cream of the internet right there.

Technically using the N word if you are not African-American is classified as unacceptable. If you bothered to screenshot 4chan, you could probably do the courtesy of doing a quick MS Paint job of covering it up.

1 Like

http://discourse.automationgame.com/t/automation-forum-rules/5189/1

I find this rather ironic: saying the forum is keeping you from insanity and then pulling a stunt like this.

@strop Covering it up is pointless, it just doesn’t belong on this forum. We’re all about cars here, and racist/misogynist comments or photos need not apply.

That said, if I see something like this again, I myself am going to have to take a break from the forum. I would hate to say or do something I might regret.

Oh yeah, good point. I got so caught up in the issue of the word itself that I completely forgot to consider the racist nature of the comment as a whole.

And that’s what the real problem with “Political Correctness” is.

4 Likes

i genuinely grinned :money_mouth:

So… Chris Evans just quit… :tada::confetti_ball:
http://jalopnik.com/chris-evans-is-out-at-top-gear-1783076994
Still I kind of feel bad for the guy… he put a lot of effort and just received a lot of critics.

1 Like

He was terrible, I don’t feel sorry for him at all.

Also, that’s quite old news, he got the boot on monday or tuesday, I think.

Top gear should only improve with more screen time for Harris and LeBlanc in control, instead of that annoying ginger.

2 Likes

while he may did, he also did a lot of things that did not sit well with the wider audience. so i really don’t feel sorry for him too. especially because of the reason he quit, and assuming you also read jalopnik, you know what i mean

In other news:

[quote]Top Gear presenter Chris Harris has landed his own international show on
the BBC just days after his co-presenter Chris Evans quit the BBC2
motoring series.

Harris, a motoring journalist and presenter who was one of Evans’ first
hires when he took over Top Gear from Jeremy Clarkson, will front a new
show called Chris Harris on Cars, based on his popular YouTube series.

The seven-episode series debuts in the US on 11 July
[/quote]

Personally, Chris Evans and Chris Harris were terribly cringy for me: Evans made those (aforementioned) ridiculous comments and harris was just overly excited ALL THE TIME. Matt Le Blanc had a certain swagger to him and Sabine is pretty funny.

My only real complaint about Sabine is that she seemed overly stiff in and out of the studio, and her script wasn’t exactly the best.

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I just found this… still better than the new so called top gear

Also, Grand Tour launch day :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Funny how accurate that parody is. Picks up on all the little details of Top Gear.

3 Likes

Does anyone knows what is going to happen with the next top gear series?

Also, won’t it be awesome if both Alex from carthrottle and Alex from Carfection run the show?

No. Thank you. Alex from carthrottle is cancer (Both as a person and as a presenter and a car guy (And I’m using the term lightly)), thanks but no, it would be awesome only if he presented a show for kids, wearing a clown costume.

1 Like

I think if I was older I could be a great presenter. It must be so fun to drive around in such cool cars. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s your opinion though. Just like some amount of people see clarkson as a douchebag because of news about him off camera. That’s subjective. For me he’s pretty entertaining, never made me actually laugh, but not bad

Imo, alex replaces hammond, jason from engineering explained replaces james may and keep chris harris as the clarkson would be a relatively fun bunch. And realistic since they already know each other