Sports/Supercar Design Thread

Love that Koenigsegg esque one especially, very nice

The more I look at the picture of your Testarossa Spyder replica, the more I realize that, ironically, it uses the Countach mod body, which translates surprisingly well. Sadly, game engine limitations make 180-degree V12s (as used in the Testarossa/512 TR/512M, and its 365 GT4 BB and 512 BB predecessors) impossible, but we can live with that.

As for your last two photos, I agree with @Boxsterholics’ comment about the white car in the third photo being reminiscent of an early Koenigsegg (specifically, the CC8S), and as for the car in the fourth photo… Well, it’s basically the result of meshing the best bits of a 250 GTO and an E-Type Low-Drag Coupe together to create an absolute stunner from any and every angle.

The PMC X-22 Ultralite

Curb weight under 2300Lbs, and a 340 HP L4. More of a track day car than a proper super car, but lots of fun in Beam.NG

5 Likes

Oh look, it’s a frog! Okay maybe not, just the R20 GT, the most comfortable and weirdest looking R20 model yet

4 Likes

The 2019 Jenzi Proto- a supercar concept that left me scratching my head when it came to branding. In the end I created a new company for it, a boutique Japanese maker along the lines of Tommy Kaira.

4 Likes

Here’s another build of mine that I revisited in light of recent changes to the game engine: the 1992 KPS K2. I have already posted a download link here, so this is where I will discuss it in greater detail.

Both cars are mid-engined, rear-drive, and powered by a longitudinally mounted 2-liter normally aspirated V6. Neither of them have power steering or any form of driving aids, not even ABS. Coupled with the fact that they weigh so little, thanks to fiberglass panels on top of a corrosion-resistant steel monocoque, this makes them formidable track cars.

The K2 RS (left, in red) is the base model, and comes with a cassette tape player as standard. WIth 200 horsepower in a car that weighs just 875 kilograms, it slices and dices corners with ease, but is no slouch in a straight line (0-60 mph in 4.9 seconds and a top speed of 155 mph). The K2 RR (right, in yellow) turns the standard car up to 11 by adding 25 more horsepower, upping the redline from an already stratospheric 8500 rpm to a whopping 9000 rpm, and subtracting 45 kg by omitting the sound system and other amenities, as well as fitting wider wheels and a sports exhaust. It’s even less practical as a result, but even more fun on the right road (or better still, track) thanks to retuned suspension, more aggressive aero and closer gearing, thereby shaving a half-second off the 0-60 mph time and increasing the top speed by 5 mph. To better cope with the demands of extended track driving, additional cooling capacity is also provided.

In short, the KPS K2 line is nowhere near as practical or comfortable as the Hampton Hawk I’ve shown earlier, but their lighter weight and purer feel make them even better suited to track driving.

6 Likes

What a difference a year makes.

The original images

7 Likes

Now for my third design from the 90s: the 1999 DMS Imperia GT.

The first draft for it was entirely my design, but I was skeptical about the front end, so I sent it to @Riley to examine further, and eventually, he came up with this:

The resulting car was renamed the Imperia GTS by Zephorus, in honor of the design studio that applied the finishing touches. With its more aggressive front end and six(!) exhaust pipes, it was now a much more cohesive design, and one which had more presence than it used to.

Needless to say, I was pleased with the result - combining elements of the Maserati MC12 (front) and McLaren F1 (rear) to create a stunning package from any angle. In fact, it reminded me of the Super Type 3 (and by extension, its upgraded version, the Super Prototype) from Burnout 3: Takedown.

Upon revisiting the Imperia for the latest version of the game, I left its exterior mostly untouched, with one major exception: it was now painted a deep metallic bluish violet, which I think suits the car particularly well. Also, some fixtures were updated to account with the introduction of a new game engine, but apart from this, the basic shape and fixture placement remained largely intact.

In short, this is one of the designs I am most proud of - and just as befitting of its name as it was before.

5 Likes

That’s got more exhausts than I have years to live-which is to say, a lot! Am a fan of it for sure

1 Like

I’ve been fooling around with some supercar/hypercar designs lately, just for the fun of it.

Haven’t actually named the vehicles either. Constructive critisism is welcome

4 Likes

All of them are stunning, and would not be out of place in a Burnout or Dangerous Driving game; the first design reminds me of what the Kamata Angelus could look like in a hypothetical Ridge Racer 8, with its white color scheme and blue accents. The second car draws some inspiration from the McLaren Senna, while the third car is basically a mix of P1 and 430 Scuderia, and the fourth car gives me SCG 003 vibes. The last car of the five brings to mind a Lotus Exige, which isn’t really surprising given its small size.

4 Likes

Here’s something I’ve been messing around with. This is the Vendetta, from Wells Automotive.

What you see here is our version of a stripped down Porsche 911 ready for track duty. Its got an all aluminum 3.7liter turbo charged and direct injected flat 6 in the rear pushing out 535hp to the rear wheels.

Electronic skid protection is there for your protection, if you dont like to venture to the wild side of things, which is fine. The Vendetta knows how to be tame when needed.

The cars pictured here ring in at $92,100.

The buck stops here, where the rubber meets the pavement.

VENDETTA

6 Likes

Some may have seen this in the Replicas Thread, but I’ve started on a little project of my own: a CCX rep

With 795hp (806PS) and a top speed north of 240mph, this became the second fastest car in the world in 2006, only being shown up by the Veyron at the time and initiating a 15 year long battle between Koenigsegg & Bugatti for the current top speed champion. A futile battle, but an interesting one nonetheless.

8 Likes

This is the 2002 GSW Arrow.

Rewatching early 2000s Top Gear episodes recently inspired me to create a hypercar from that era, kinda like a Ferrari Enzo or a Lamborghini Murcielago. Things got slightly out of hand, though, and I ended up with an 893hp V10 powering a $620k Koenigsegg CC8-alike.

7 Likes

This is my Martel Attacker, the car used in my profile picture.

Stats:

• 404HP T-Charged V6
  • AWD
  • 195MPH Top Speed
  • 0-60 in 4.5 seconds
  • Coupe Body Style
  • 6SPD Manual
  • 9000RPM
4 Likes

The 1962 SMT (Satakunnan Motortehdäs) 509, designed to make a splash wherever it finds itself, available with 6, 8, or 12 cylinder engines at your preference.

9 Likes

Following on from my last post, the 509, here is the 2009 9-Series, seen here in the step-down S960 trim, packing the same 6.0l V10 as the top-shelf GT10, but without the turbos, for a “mere” 539bhp. Familiar features from the 509 include the B-pillar mounted vertical door handles, and the square centre brake light. The 9s have been SMT’s Halo cars since their introduction to the lineup, with standout styling from the rest of the range, and quite probably the rest of the roadgoing industry.

5 Likes

Here is some 50’s sports. The 1958 Courageux Hirondelle Le Soliel.

Based on the Hirondelle saloon the Le Soleil cabriolet and the Atlantique coupes used a hand made aluminium body instead of the usual steel. The base chassis being the same, using macpherson front suspension and a solid rear axle with leaf springs.
The standard windscreen being replaced with a panoramic wrap around version and the roof of the Atlantique is pillarless with a flowing rear screen.

The standard Hirondelle using a 1.0 four cylinder unit, however the Atlantique and Le Soleil use the 3.0 V8 from further up the Courageux range. It is a fully cast iron pushrod design and in these cars uses twin single barrel carburretors and two exhausts for a maximum power of 120bhp@4500rpm and a maximum torque of 216nm@3100rpm.

The seats are plushly upholstered in leather with a complimentary dashboard design with turned aluminium controls. The is also a transistorised radio with single speaker in the dashboard.

8 Likes

Got bored, made a fast thing

3 Likes

I’ve never really connected with cars before my time, so I figured I should try and piece one together… and the old girl’s grown on me.

The Taipan is an amalgamation dating back to the Italian wedge car craze, complete with all the ingredients that made those cars classics. The wacky exterior is balanced by a serious mid-engined configuration. The fibreglass body is powered… no, catapulted by a 3.5 litre, naturally aspirated, high-revving flat-plane V8.

It produces around 305 horsepower at nearly 8000rpm, thanks in part to precision engineering, but mostly to massive cams; the inclusion of which not only make you feel like you’re in a heavily turbocharged car… but also seem to make fellow petrolheads around you very uncomfortable in their trousers when they hear it idling at the lights.

It may not be the most sophisticated, most powerful or even the best built… but there aren’t many cars on the road that will make you look as cool as the Taipan can.

3 Likes