Sports/Supercar Design Thread

This is one of my best cars, I’d say. Certainly one of my favourites from the latter half of the 20th century! This is another car from Phompsonby Motor Vehicles, the 1970 Phompsonby Elematic. The car is VERY lightweight at just 884kg! Combine this with a rear engine 3.07 litre boxer 4 making 278 HP means the car is capable of 217.4 MPH and a 0-62 of 6.1 seconds. It’s made more sporty with a 5 speed manual gearbox and rear wheel drive. The car is fast, mobile and capable of 20.5 miles to the gallon making it a very popular sports car of the '70s!

A full vehicle profile will appear on the main Phompsonby thread when I reach the '70s on the thread.

A successor to the Elematic was released 50 years later in 2021 as a part of Phompsonby’s ‘Retro Line’ under the name of the Elematic II. The car was designed to resemble the original very closely, but engineered with modern equipment and materials. Like the original, the new Elematic II was lightweight at just 1,139.2kg and once again mounted a rear engine 3.07 litre turbocharged boxer 4 making double the power at 596.4 HP. The car was now capable of 240.3 MPH and 0-62 in 3.8 seconds. The car is now all wheel drive with a 7 speed dual clutch gearbox for extra sportiness with a viscous limited slip diff. Combine this with the great mileage of 31.4 miles to the gallon and you’ve got a very popular successor car to a very popular '70s sport car!

Once again, there’ll be a full rundown of the car with more in-depth on the main thread when I reach the modern era of Phompsonby. They’re both great cars to drive and sound great with the boxer 4!

3 Likes

Does hypercars apply to the thread, too? :grimacing:
CodeX Chimera 2021, 1683 hp, 1832 Nm, 1692 kg, AWD.
0-100 km/h (0-62 mph): 3s
V-max: 540 km/h (335.5 mph) (tested in Beam)

CodeX_Chimera_-2021(DCT).car (33.9 KB)

4 Likes

Jedamo Koya JPD

6 Likes

Besides it not actually being finished yet (as I’m sure you can see in the second last image) I’m rather happy with how this project is coming along so far.

8 Likes

Looking good as usual!! Almost makes me want to revisit my version of this body and give it a facelift.

1 Like

Finished the 2021 facelift (the final one) and gave it an interior (2 including the facelifts)

6 Likes

Hello, friends. One day, I found myself watching the Hillclimb Monsters youtube channel, and was inspired.

This is a WIP hillclimb/time attack car that i’ve been working on for a little while now. This unfortunate Renault now sports a rear-engined 2.0L EJ205, with a big turbo, a closed deck block, and forged internals. Makes around 876 HP @ 10,300 RPM, and 458 lb-ft of torque at 9,700. The top speed is limited to 177 MPH and reaches 0-60 in 2.6 seconds. Regarding the suspension, I have tuned it to bias slightly more towards understeer (still reaching a nice balance). Car is a blast to drive in BeamNG.

Anyway, i haven’t focused on looks so much as raw power, handling, and reliability (in that order!). there’s more to say about it, but it’s still a WIP. More to come of this poor Renault.

8 Likes

The PMC X22 track day coupé:
Carbon fiber monocoque mid engine RWD
172 (4370mm) L x 72 (1830mm) W

EU export spec:
1035 KG kerb
2.2L 30v L6 Turbocharged
253Kw @ 8000
346Nm @ 6300

0-100 Km/H 4.00s
330 Km/H top speed

US spec
2834 Lbs curb
5.0L 24v H6 Twin turbo
540 hp @ 7100
509 ft/lb @ 4000

0-60 MPH 3.30s
204 MPH top speed

4 Likes

The 2012 Raven Grand Tourer, descended from a long line of high speed, high power, high luxury cars, proudly designed and built in Britain then, and now. This model is the BLAKline with the monotone paint from BLAK cars, but with the standard NA 6.2l V12 making 397bhp. BLAK cars have a Turbo version of the powerplant with 707bhp and an AWD system to help get it down, doing so catapaults the 2450KG beast to 60 in 3.6 seconds. This BLAKline model? a “measly” 5.2s

1 Like

2021 Verona Chieftain

7 Likes

17 Likes

Time Attack RS200

7 Likes

The 2010 final facelift of the 2002 C6, the end of an era

The 2010 edition was special for 2 reasons. Firstly, it would be the last iteration of the C6 to offer AWD on all models, with it being removed from all except the extreme models going forth. Additionally, this would be the last revision to ever sport a 4R Model (or an equivalent). This is due to emissions regulations becoming ever more stringent, and due to the unequivocally high cost of production. However, this model would certainly not bow out quietly, with it having over 700hp, and with it being the first C6 model to do the 0-60 sprint in under 3 seconds.

4 Likes

1932 Petoskey Model A Coupe

Nicknamed the “Runner” It was quickly a popular choice for bootleggers due to the nimble characteristics of the car enabling them to evade law enforcement. The end of Prohibition a year later mildly tempered initial sales, but they remained strong regardless.

1935 Ventnor V16 Speedster

Debatably the fastest car in the world in 1935, only ten of these vehicles were built. The high cost combined with radical styling made sales of these cars difficult during the Great Depression.

These were the two most prominent sports models made by Petoskey and Ventnor prior to their merger in 1948.

6 Likes

The R89, proof that not all automotive experiments are a total waste.

Produced in 1989 and equipped with a 3.2L TT DOHC V10 producing 450hp, this was one of the madder experiments of the 80s certainly, and represents a bygone era of engineering creativity and racing pedigree being truly present in production cars.

5 Likes

Quite simply one of the raddest creations you have ever come up with. 450 horsepower would have made it one of the fastest cars of the late '80s/early '90s. With a Group C-inspired rear end and a front splitter big enough to rival that of a contemporary F1 car, it would have been the choice of many a bedroom wall poster back then - and it still is now.

1 Like

Definitely one of my most poster car creations ever lmao

2002 BSC Z2000

Launched in 2000 the Z2000 was designed to evoke the look of classic BSC racers on the early 1960’s

The chassis is a modern and lightweight ahs steel monocoque with a mix of steel and aluminium panels for less weight.

Power comes from an all aluminium 5.0 V8 producing 328bhp@6500rpm and 453NM@3700rpm. This drives the rear wheels through a 6 speed manual gearbox with a sports geared differential.

0-00km/h is in 5.1 seconds and the top speed is 176mph

The interior is hand finished leather seats and leather covered dashboard.

BSC_Z2000_-_BSC_Z2000.car (109.6 KB)

10 Likes

1959 BSC 40

First launched in 1956 the “40” was envisioned as a lightweight sports car the average man could maintain in his own shed, and even take racing if desired.

The body is a fibreglass construction with a steel chassis. The engine is accessed by opening up the entire front of the car and folding it forwards. There is no rear boot access, storage is a small area behind the seats.

Power came from the Knightwick motors A series 851cc engine. In this application it uses twin carburettors and a tubular exhaust bringing the power up to 39bhp@5000rpm. A 4 speed gearbox is used and stopping power is provided by 200mm drum brakes all round.

There are no exterior door handles, the doors are opened by reaching into the inside of the car. Making this easier is the lack of fixed side windows, the plastic windows are buttoned into place when the roof is raised. Interior furnishings are kept to a minimum, with no radio or heater available.

13 Likes

The Wells C-1

2 Likes