Steam Open Beta B160308+ Bugs & Feedback

I would like to mention here that many mod bodies are still Pink Texturing.

Such as both 60s Mid Engines, and a few others. Will post pictures with all/most of the “Pink Texturing” cars.

@Fayeding_Spray, Robert talked about it in an other thread, but you are better off reporting those to the people who made the mods, since it is caused by the fact they don’t have the new (since the patch before) body boxes.

You can also fix it by adding “” for material section in LUA file.
I fixed them all.

Small thing that I’m not sure how realistic/intentional it is, and it’s certainly low priority for now-car and engine plants have the same staffing “formula” (put the amount of automation, shifts, and factory size the same, and you get the same personnel in each).

Is this exactly right/realistic?

If they are the same as you say then that is a bug. Staff needs to scale with the production units and automation units produced by the factory. So for the same size level, it should be about 1/3. When that is the case I would say:
Realistic? Probably not. Believable? Yeah, it should be in the ballpark. :slight_smile:
We’ll have a look and fix this if it is indeed wrong as you say it is.

So, here’s a car. With two small factories, automation and tooling quality at 50, and three shifts, both main and engine plants in the latest build employed the same number (385) workers. Coiler12 - Model 3.zip (94.0 KB)

Maybe it is not a bug, but in my opinion it doesn’t work well. The transmission shifts gears
always at the cut-off. But not always it means optimal shifting. Now in Your
engine You can move rev limiter up +1000 rpm and completely ruin your
acceleration but in real live it is obvious to shift near power peak, no to rev
till the end.

EXAMPLE:
I’ve build Turbo engine that has 700hp at 8000 rpm, but still has +600hp at 11000 rpm,
so still great potential to driving, but I have to set limiter to 9000 rpm because
transmission never uses it top power. Of course it limit maximum speed and causing
driver has to operate in area before peak power, when the power is quite low.

Can You make it that transmission will shift not in engine cut-off point, but in point
that will give optimal acceleration?

We didn’t quite manage to release the game to the public branch yet, but polished up a release candidate for you guys to try out. A lot of polish and fixes in this update which, if this goes well, we can push out to the public branch on Monday.

General Changes:

• Company builder working again
  • Top speed now displays in gearing when it is available
  • Removed factory size selector in detailed stats
  • Removed old tooling and engineering stats
  • Updated engineering section UI
  • Added factory requirement tool tip
  • Changed default sandbox year to 2016
  • New sounds for engine destruction, track and engineers

Various fixes:

• Fixed issue with selecting factory manager
  • Fixed issue with deleting engines from list
  • Fixed issue with selecting bypass valves
  • Fixed engine factories staff numbers
  • Fixed take photo button
  • Fixed one factory manager applying to all factories
  • Fixed gearing related test track crash
  • Fixed flow issue moving out of engine designer
  • Fixed various tooltips
  • Fixed production QA cut-off line default position
  • Fixed UI alignment with region selector
  • Fixed V12 5-valve issues
  • Fixed V12 long tubular exhaust headers in rear engined cars
  • Fixed issue with engine test mode in case engine breaks
  • Fixed UI issue selecting concept engine for full production car
  • Fixed engineering time table layout and issues
  • Fixed error going to markets on testing page before calcs finish

Please have a go with this and see if your previously experienced errors have been addressed. On Monday we will also have a video update out about what to expect for the next big update! :slight_smile:

Cheers!

2 Likes

I am getting this error when I try deleting a model using the menu at the top of the car designer.

This new update is pretty cool! I’m having trouble with the engineering tabs, though - after going through everything it just returns me to the market page with the same estimated price as before.

That is exactly as it is supposed to do then :wink: the loop through engineering and factory is supposed to give you the more realistic sales price, nothing more (at the moment, in this big update).

That’s the problem though - after going through the engineering and factory, the price is exactly the same as it is before (the estimated price). It doesn’t show the actual price, which it did before the update.

Ohh, sorry about that, we’ll have a look!

Hi guys,

I am running into a rather annoying bug as well. When trying to load one of my cars, it gives me the following error, leaving me unable to load the car at all. It worked fine until the last open beta patch and I couldn’t reproduce this error with any of my other cars, aka every other car loads, except for this one. :confused:

http://imgur.com/z3K9mAl

@SeriousSimon That is something cause by a bug during the open beta phase that was fixed. Go to your Documents\My Games\Automation\Engineering folder and clear it out, the issue doesn’t come back after that as the reason for it occurring was eliminated.

Hey Killrob, thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately the issue persists, even after clearing out the engineering folder.
I am currently running a game integrity chache check via Steam. Is there anything else I could do?

Ohh sorry about that! You need to clean out Engieering, Factories and Production. Then it should work :s

1 Like

That did it. :smiley: Now I know where to look, in case. Thanks Killrob!

Dear Killrob and other developers, no offence but can You tell me why my reported
bugs and suggestions was never consider?

Does anyone can see it?
Did You banned me?
Maybe it is impossible to fix that bugs?
Or my suggestions are so stupid that are no worth of comment?
Or my English is so bad that no one can understand me?
I would be grateful for answers :slight_smile:

To help You find what I’m talking about:
[quote=“Jastrzab1984,

[…] 70MaffcWedgeLrg body - 2 door variant. There are crazy amounts of drag. Cause of this 450hp car
cannot drive more than 190km/h. But When I change body to 4door or 5 door everything is ok.[/quote]

[quote=“Jastrzab1984,
After update still engine variants changing its date. I don’t know is it the same bug
like before or game bug is fixed and my engine family is corrupted.

Still 70MaffcWedgeLrgbody - 2 door variant makes a wall of drag in about 110km/h

You can scroll any content by mouse wheel, only when you put mouse cursor on the slider.
But when I put it cursor on the slider I do not need mouse wheel I can just click
or drag it. Scrolling should be enable when you put mouse in every point of
window content.

In fixtures window “back” key doesn’t work properly. It should get back to point when
I was before, and it getting me on the top of list. If I wish go to the top of
list I just can click “category” button again. For example I have 10pages of
grilles, I select grill on 7th page and then click “back” I should be on 7th
page again, but I am on 1st.

Please add max wheel width indicator on every point when You can deform car body. Itis
only on second tab and making more variants need multiple jumping between wheels
and body.

Can You add more precise fixture editing tool? My idea is: when You click fixture you
can use your keyboard arrows to make minimal precision position changing, and
WSAD to change dimensions. That system works in many programs and games, for example
NFS Pro Street (vinyls).[/quote]

[quote=“Jastrzab1984,
Maybe it is not a bug, but in my opinion it doesn’t work well. The transmission shifts
gears always at the cut-off. But not always it means optimal shifting. Now in
Your engine You can move rev limiter up +1000 rpm and completely ruin your acceleration
but in real live it is obvious to shift near power peak, no to rev till the
end.

EXAMPLE:
I’ve build Turbo engine that has 700hp at 8000 rpm, but still has +600hp at
11000 rpm, so still great potential to driving, but I have to set limiter to
9000 rpm because transmission never uses it top power. Of course it limit
maximum speed and causing driver has to operate in area before peak power, when
the power is quite low.

Can You make it that transmission will shift not in engine cut-off point, but in point that will give optimal acceleration?[/quote]

Cheers.

Isn’t that body a mod? Because if it is, then is not the job of the devs to fix it. Otherwise, could you send me the car exported and I can check the Lua file, maybe there is a simple error in the Cd or lift calculations that you can fix.

About the other things, those are suggestions and probably are better suited to the suggestions subforum. But anyways, about the transmission, change in peak power isn’t always the best idea, let’s say you peak power at 6,000 rpm and the rpm limit is at 6,500 rpm, if you change from 2nd to 3rd at 6,000 your rpm will drop to about 4000rpm, 2000 rpm below the peak power, but if you change at 6,500rpm then you rpm drop to 4,500 only 1,500 rpm below (meaning it’ll get faster to peak power) and you’ll be in a range with more power. Secondly, we’ll, you just can modify the Rev limit to set where do you want to change gears, if you still want to change at peak power, well, just cut the rpms at peak power and there it is.
And about making power at 9000rpm but change gears way above that, must likely during shifting, your rpms will drop above peak power, where the engine isnt quite efficient (less power more consumption).

In game, in the engine designer the performance index tell you when you set the Rev limit to get best performance.