Hard Rooster's Vanilla Fixtures Thread

Why not just have 2 variants, one with just a contour of the “cover”, then you can easily select fixtures inside, and when you’re done - just change the cover’s variant to have glass and the space behind.

9 Likes

BTW, https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1466760695 for the thing above and https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PXB50DQLgnawrSLfO8l1194Zi7GXbdjY the max file if you just wanna tinker ( forgot the 1st UV)

3 Likes

That’s a really good idea.

3 Likes

Update time:

I talked to the Pipe Gods, and the pipe gods are intrigued by the build-a-headlight idea, however it will remain more of an “advanced” feature, so we will press on making lots of off-the-shelf headlights, which make sense for the more casual player who may be more interested in the tycoon aspect of the game than the design element anyway.

So here’s the plan. I’ll be making families of headlights, similar to this. The family is dictated by the shape of the housing, so this family, all in the same shape/sized housing will have something like 14 variants.

Then, I will make another family, with another 14 variants, but similar in style to these. I’ve been sort of combining the headlight ideas posted in photos you all have provided me with in posts above into the first family of headlights here (incomplete);

The shape of the housing will obviously dictate a lot of design elements, so hopefully there will be a good balance of differentiation, but enough similarity that you don’t have to say “I wish I could get those Chiron bulbs in a more triangular housing”

14 Likes

I have a couple more ideas, mostly AMC related. Sorry if this is a lot of suggestions at once:
1966 AMC Rambler Marlin Style Tail Lights
1967 AMC Rambler Marlin integrated Stacked Concave headLights

1974 AMC Gremlin all in one Tail Lights
1974 AMC Gremlin Round Concave Lights
imageimage

1964 Plymouth Barracuda body color flush bumper ends
Head lights like the generic early 40s cone ones but are different length cylinders to allow you to make inline round head lights without the taper, the 1964 barracuda has them. Maybe make some with a slight taper and some with just a flat end, since use will depend on the vehicle.
imageimage

Some light body shaping parts like Low Profile Fins we can add to 1960s bodies to make them look similar to the rambler and barracuda or body shaping grills and headlights
If there was any easy way to handle all the various shapes I would say woodgrain “bumper” trim pieces, but it would be hard to get all the different pieces and angles needed for areas like wheel wells

4 Likes

Not many supercar style headlights/taillights around, so I’d like to see some modern ones created.

Lamborghini Aventador and Huracan

Modern Koenigsegg (Agera/One:1)

I think that these would be very beneficial for creating more modern-looking supercars without going through the time-consuming process of making custom fixtures out of several lights.

7 Likes

It didn’t take me very long to make this Huracan-esque light with only one mod (indicator with 45 degree turn), and the best part is that it’s not 100% identical.
I’d prefer to have bits of lights and housings rather than having the lights themselves. For example, the hexagonal lights of the Huracan would be nice to use instead of circles, or the strange shapes I had to use for mine. Just having more shapes to use in general would be nice.

10 Likes

Update: 14 Variants of one headlight shape done. Coming up next are going to basically be these styles, but in various shapes… Once we have enough shape variety, perhaps I can work on a mix-n-match set like we hashed out in prior posts. Also, I’ve included a variety of LED shapes which you can apply to these, or any other existing headlamp.

14 Likes

Update: 14+1 Variants of the next shape are done. These are based off of the not-Charger headlight shell I did a little while ago. More inbound next week. Happy weekend!

16 Likes

I’m not quite clear on this but are the individual parts going to be available separately?

1 Like

Another shape coming Soon™

6 Likes

Very nice
Do you know when they are available in the game?

1 Like

I don’t know, I can only assume it’ll be with the next update, which may be the lite campaign, which I’m really looking forward to myself.

1 Like

Could you make some sunroofs?

There is a mod for glassunroofs but steelsunroof is missing and maybe a folding roof would be nice.

Moar Soon™ shapes

5 Likes

And still moar Soonness™

7 Likes

Aha, the Bimmer shape.

I see you with those bimmer lights.

*Says the guy who has made so many blatant BMW rip-offs he could run a Chinese knock-off BMW company

I approve

3 Likes

These are going to transform the game!!!

3 Likes

Update Time, got another pack done. This concludes the shapes I’ll be doing from the suggestions. However, I will be making more sets based on existing families of vanilla lights already in game. So expect more headlight fixtures for a little while still. Once I’m done with headlights, I’ll move on to grills, then tail lights;

10 Likes