Hard Rooster's Vanilla Fixtures Thread

those wheel covers on french cars

3 Likes

They most likely would need to be specifically modeled onto the cars. Really would struggle to have them actually work on most bodies if they weren’t

2 Likes

they are going vanilla so maybe the devs will like do something to make it work

1 Like

Ohh la la~
I’d perfer having this body type as well.

1 Like

There are limitations to the game engine. Believe me, it’s not as simple as “the devs will make it work.”

4 Likes

oh.

DUCK!

10 Likes

Another one, I should be done with tail lights next week, where I can hopefully move on to grills.

11 Likes

I’d like to send my wish
for something like these
saab_9000_turbo_16-side%20indicatorsaab_9000_turbo_16-tail%20lights1985_Corona-coupe%20rims

3 Likes

As you are speaking of grills - is it possible for a grille to add in a bump to an otherwise flat front?

Something like the Ford “Knudsen” Taunus.

74878e5a-bfcf-43b0-8c08-89049c9b5e5e_ford-taunus-knudsen-h-zulassung-mit-2-3-v6-motor

1 Like

Where could i find your license plates in game? The lights and wipers are there, but i couldn´t find the plates…:worried:

They didn’t make it in this time around.

This latest set of taillights has been brought to you by the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack, Vols 1 and 2.

14 Likes

Another round of options.

9 Likes

Using a different car today to show off not just more tail lights, but rear window louvers! There are 9 variations, which is really 3 different tapers with either 5, 6 or 7 louvers. They have been tested and work on a lot of car bodies!

11 Likes

I’m especially loving that middle set and the left most set of lights!! Lincoln vibes :drooling_face:

2018_lincoln_mkx_angularrear

2 Likes

BRUUUUHHHHH <3

Since you apparently found a way to put fixtures above windows, how about some hatchback spoilers like this one?
Website-Template---Fiesta-5Dr-Rear-Spoiler-1

10 Likes

As long as you understand they couldn’t fit like this. They’ll have to be more generic, and they’ll also likely have to sit slightly above…or way below…the mounting surface due to how the game recognizes where to attach meshes to the body. I already have nine spoilers in the game that mount the same way these louvers do, a few of them might work in the way you want.

3 Likes

Further, I want to illustrate just how hard it is to pull these sorts of fixtures off. The Borsche wing, those spoilers, the license plate brackets…carlover’s pod lights, all have to apply to these rules;

Below I have a snip of a set of louvers, and just a generic plane.

Now, I’ve made the plane into a box that represents the dimensions that Automation will pick up and interact with a vertices. (If you don’t know what a vertices is, I circled one)

Anything in this box is going to get locked to the surface level of the car. Which means when making objects that you intend to be anchored by a specific point, you have to ensure that not a single vert (large circle) passes inside the box. This makes designing fixtures in this way a major challenge, as the shapes need to remain simplified, and yet not show visible signs of distorting around the box-plane.

So what does interact with the body to let the game know where to mount the louvers?

Just a simple square floating in space does the trick. This is the only set of vertices in the whole mesh inside the box-plane.

And that’s how it works. It’s a major pain in the ass, and takes a lot of fiddling, cooking, launching and redoing for each fixture I try to make like this. This difficulty is why you don’t see very many fixtures made this way.

(I should add that this applies to using skinned meshes. I could have made it a bit easier and used an additional mesh, however, additional meshes scale in all 3 dimensions uniformly, and wouldn’t work for anything you need to be able to adjust width and length independently. The benefit of the additional mesh is only the y=0 axis locks down fixtures, there is no +/- 1.5mm zone to worry about)

7 Likes

Since there’re many light fixtures already. I’d like to request “Handwiritng alphabets” as logo please?
Especially for 50s ~ early 70s design.
Also a license plate (just plate, not with the holder) with no wrapping to any parts. (as the equivalent of the plate is in the grill section, and it does wrap to the parts and body)

2 Likes