Svenska Bilfabrik Ab

Logo from 1951-1975

Svenska Bilfabrik Ab is a Swedish company founded in 1948 in Astborg, Sweden by Lars Öberg. Until 1963, the quality of the cars was below avarge, however after 1963 they improved after they got a new CEO and better factorys.
It first build E-segment and D-segment cars, however starting from the 60s they expaned in to other classes as well.

All models

• 1951 Stickas Sedan
  • 1951 Stickas Pickup
  • 1957 Snabcoupe
  • 1961 Ekblad S100
  • 1961 Ekblad S100E
  • 1961 Ekblad S120
  • 1961 Ekblad S200
  • 1961 Ekblad A200
  • 1981 Billag M100
2 Likes

Stickas Sedan

SBF Stickas Sedan was a full-size sedan made from 1951 until 1961. It was family sport/utility premium vehicle. The baseprice was 84 737 kronor ($9 500).

Basic details

In the 50s USA was becoming the capital country for modern culture. SBF then leader Henrik Vilson wanted to bring the american culture over to Sweden, adn what better way to do it than produce huge premium vehicles that had taken over American streets. It was the first car made by SBF, however it was still an ok vehicle. It continued to sell well even after the real cars were being imported to Sweden due to its low price.

VARIANTS

Basic:
-Transmission: 4-Speed single clutch manual
-Interior: Standard, with standard AM-Radio.

ENGINE

It used the 3.5L I35A-0A engine producing 157hp and a top speed of 178 KM/H.

Car on Automation Hub

http://www.automationhub.net/uploads/users/528/companies/352/cars/777/image1.png

Stickas Pickup

SBF Stickas Pickup was a full-size pickup truck made from 1951 until 1959. It was meant as premium utility/offroad vehicle. The baseprice was 94 549 kronor ($10 600).

Basic details

The car was designed by then CEO Henrik Vilson. The basic idea was to offer a spacious premium car that could also be used in rough terrain. It had only one variant.

VARIANTS

Basic:

ENGINE

It used the 3.5L I35A-1A engine producing 172hp and a top speed of 178 KM/H.

Car on Automation Hub

http://www.automationhub.net/uploads/users/528/companies/352/cars/776/image1.png

5 Likes

Are you Swedish or are you translating?

Translating

SBF Snabcoupe was a muscle car made from 1957 until 1959. It was SBFs first high performance car. The baseprice was 87 413 kronor ($9 800).

Basic details

The Snabcoupe was SBFs first high performace muscle car. It was made in hopes of increasing SBFs popularity, however it ended up being a complete failure and casuing SBF to bankcrupt and be sold to Per Ekblad in 1963. While the newly designed V40C-0A produced 290hp and allowed a top speed of 269 KM/H, it was horrible to drive and lacked any safety features. Only 200 were produced between 1957 and 1959.

VARIANTS

Coupe:
-Interior: Premium, with standard AM-Radio.

ENGINE

It used a 4.5L V40A-0A engine producing 290hp and a top speed of 290 KM/H.

3 Likes

This might be helpful :wink:

Holy cow those posters are to die for.

3 Likes

If you speak Swedish though, they make you wince, not trying to be rude.

ström means power, but in the sense of electricity - basically current

“Endast” should be replaced with “bara” and “kroners” should be “kronor”

4 Likes

You mean in a good way or a bad way?

Oh damn. i just used the first word I could rember for power :grin:

Whats the diffrence between endast and bara?

I mean that in a very good way. They look so authentic! Font, colours, layout, the lot

1 Like

‘‘Endast’’ is a fancier / older word for ‘‘bara’’.

‘‘Snab’’ should be ‘‘Snabb’’.

Edit: Assuming you mean the Swedish word for ‘‘Fast’’

Thanks! I try really hard to make them look realistic for that slight extra touch for my works

Okay. From “snabb” I deliberately wrote it with one B for styling reasons.

1 Like

thing is, it’s really not that often you head down to the shops and see something labeled “ENDAST 50 KRONOR!” do you?

@TheRoadrunner no, I realize that in that context it works, I’m talking about today.

@ramthecowy No store today would really use any ‘‘Bara … kronor!’’, etc.
It’s usually just ‘‘Buy 2 for the price of 1!’’.

1 Like

It’s a 1950s car though :smiley:

Theres a difference between that kind of old and that kind of old, as I understand it :smiley: But I think you got the point already.

SBF Ekblad was a mid-size sedan/Station wagon made from 1964 until 1974. It was the first car to be relased after being sold to Per Ekblad. Base price was 74 827 kronor for standard model ($8 400)

Basic details

After being sold to Per Ekblad, SBF took a diffrent approach to car markets. Insted of focusing on big luxery cars, it started making cars for every kind of market. The first car was the Ekblad, named after Per. It was a mid sized sedan/station wagon and came with many trims to suit all kinds of people, from big families to thrill seakers. The most sold model was Familjemodellen due to its cheap price. Production ended in Febraury 1974 due to the 1973 Oil crisis.

VARIANTS

S100:
The basic model.

-Transmission: 3-Speed single clutch manual
-Extras: None

ENGINE

It used a 1.8L A641-C1 engine producing 97hp and a top speed of 159 KM/H.

S100E
Economy model

-Extras: None

ENGINE

It used a 1.8L A641-C2E engine producing 85hp and a top speed of 129 KM/H.

S120
GT-Edition

-Interior: Premium, with premium AM-Radio. A/C and cigarette lighter.
-Extras: Chrome exhaust

ENGINE

It used a modified Snabcoupe 4.5L V40C-C2 engine producing 315hp and a top speed of 188 KM/H.

S200
Station wagon

-Interior: standard, with standard AM-Radio.
-Extras: A/C (4 450 kronor)

ENGINE

It used a 1.8L A641-C1 engine producing 97hp and a top speed of 159 KM/H.

A200
Automatic station wagon

-Transmission: 3-Speed torque converter automatic
-Interior: standard, with standard AM-Radio. A/C.
-Extras:

ENGINE

It used a 1.8L A641-C1 engine producing 97hp and a top speed of 155 KM/H.

3 Likes

SBF Billag was a 3-door hatchback made from 1981 until 1987. Price was 51 418 kronor ($6 109)

Basic details

Coming to the 80s SBF needed a small, compact car that was cheap to make. After several years of designing the Billag was born. It was meant to become a popular car for young people due to it’s low price. However the small engine and plain interior made it boring and slow, meaning not many people were intrested. Due to low sales production ceased on March 1987. Brasilian built copy Cordeiro Ávila was being built until 2001.

VARIANTS

M100:

-Interior: Basic fabric seats with little cushoning. Legroom is metallic and comes with rubber carpets. Dashboard is made out of plastic. Doors have basic fabric covers and windows are manual. Front seats can only be lowerd and raised. Dashboard meters were: Speed, Oil Temp, clock and trip meter.
-Extras: A/C for 1900 kronor ($225)
Exterior: Came with plastic bumpers. Foglights were standard.

ENGINE

It used a 1.3L A811-D1 engine producing 44.2Hp and a top speed of 125 KM/H.

4 Likes