Taimania Motor Co | 2007 Mika

You have made a Big improvement, Good Job!

1 Like
2007-2012 Taimania Mika Mk. IX

Ah the 2000s, the time of brightly colored jumpsuits, High School Musical, and severely unstylish denim, and nothing was more popular at the time than subcompact cars. They're practical and cute looks took the world by storm and in 2007 Taimania did too with the 9th generation Mika, a bulbous hamster that was incredibly boring. The 9th generation came in 4 styles, the signature Coupe, a Sedan body, a Hatchback, and a Convertible. This generation also had only 5 trim levels, S, SL, Sport, Sport Spec-R, and the rare Hybrid model which was only available from 2008-2010 in the U.S market. The 9th-gen Mika was also infamous for being the only generation besides the first and second generation to not sell the Coupe in the U.S.
Reception and Bodystyles

When Taimania unveiled the 9th-generation Mika at the 2006 Tokyo Auto Show critics praised it for its adorable styling, some journalists stating it was "The future of subcompacts"...it was not, but it did sell like hot cakes. Selling 65,996 (US Figures) in its first year alone and 535,006 (US Figures) throughout its entire run until it was updated in 2013. It was hailed for its incredible reliability and, well, looks. It is common now to find these Mika's especially the Hatchback model for less than $5,000 as despite their hailed reliability and practicality, they lost much of their value the first 8 or so years, but it still makes for a perfect first car for your child or a cheap car to commute daily

As mentioned in the briefing, the 9th-generation Mika came in 4 body styles, the signature coupe, a sedan, a hatchback, and a convertible. All with their unique quirks and features. The Sedan and Coupe styles were not very different from each other, the Coupe just had two doors removed and it was only offered in a manual transmission as it was meant to be "sporty". The hatchback had more features and was the only other body to come in the Sport Spec-R trim besides the Coupe, and finally the Convertible was smallest model, featuring an automatic hardtop, it was only available in the SL and Sport trim levels.

Boring Interior

Now, just because it was hailed for being so amazing. It was still incredibly boring, and nothing says that more than its interior. Made with cheap hard plastic, dollar store cloth and fake leather the interior was not an amazing part of the car, even on the models that featured a satnav.

The small interior was a little cramped on higher trim levels as it featured power window switches, and a satnav screen which removed some of the room in the car. Otherwise the interior was fairly spacious especially for tall people looking for headroom. With the higher positioned rooves it made for pleasant headroom for the taller folk who bought the Mika.

Sports Center (Performance)

The Mika's performance wasn't the greatest throughout the Late 90s and throughout the 2000s and it really shows on this Mika in most aspects. I mean you gotta sacrifice some things for great reliability and fuel economy.

The 9th-generation Mika came with 3 engine choices, a 1.8L Naturally Aspirated I4, a 1.6L Turbocharged I4, and a 1.8L Turbocharged I4 featured respectively on only the Sport Spec R. The I6 would not return to the Mika until 2019 when the RSi6 was reintroduced to the market. The 1.8L NA I4 produces 124hp and 119 lb-ft of torque and is only available on the S and SL trims, it did an average 0-62 time of 9.6 seconds but had good fuel economy with 39 city/43 highway, the 1.6L Turbo I4 produces 171hp and 158 lb-ft of torque and was only available on the SL, Sport and Hybrid trims, it did an average 0-60 time of 7.8 seconds and did 29 city/38 highway on Petrol only models, and finally the 1.8L Turbo I4 produces 203hp and 184 lb-ft of torque and was only available on the Sport Spec-R, it did an average 0-60 time of 6.4 seconds and did 25 city/32 highway.

11 Likes

Damn, this is good shit lol

Nice!