Text - Based Decals

Would it be possible to create a decal system where you typed a phrase, chose a font, and chose a style (chrome for example), and it would create a 3D model of the text you typed to place on your car similar to how most companies do to the model name and trim of their car?

If you go here, and get the community mod pack, you’ll find exactly that under the exhausts tab in-game.

automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewto … =38&t=6812

Awesome, thanks!

Unless it’s changed, they don’t actually work as the OP suggested. They are pre-designed letters which can only go on the back of the car. They do work great (but a little troublesome to work with), however the limitations are clearly present. I have no idea how hard it would be to implement the OP’s idea, but it would be nice. If it could be implemented, I would like to see them as something other than exhaust fixtures. Vents, for example, can be placed nearly anywhere on the car and would be a much better option (if you could somehow completely disable the “venting” functionality) for badging a car with letters. It seems like this was discussed before, and the problem was rendering on-the-fly in the game?

I made a search for “typing text” and got to this old post.

This is actually one of the things I’m missing most now when designing the look of the car. Placing single letters next to each other is tiring and difficult.

I really wish this idea would get into a game update.

Also, that link for the mod is no longer working(not surprising since it’s a bit old)

Wow, it’s been a while, I forgot I made that post. Yeah, I’d still be psyched to see this feature added to the game.

That is something we have actively in the works :slight_smile: should become part of either LCV4.1 or LCV4.2.
Cheers

16 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Oh yeah!!! My dreams are coming true!!!

:tada::heart_eyes::tada::heart_eyes::tada::heart_eyes::tada::heart_eyes::tada::heart_eyes::tada::heart_eyes::tada::heart_eyes::tada::heart_eyes::tada::heart_eyes::tada::heart_eyes::tada:

4 Likes

Nice!