TGRG Top Gear Role Game (Discontinued)

I like the idea of the challenge but am a little confused as to what we need to do at this point.

Well, crap. The Mist Super Sport is intended to be a track monster, not a GT haha. Is a full interior replacement allowed?

you need to list me some mods you will do if you are a top gear presenter. E.g. i paint my car pink and i install a dog carrier on the roof. Something like that, than the jury (me) evaluates the mods and run some other challenge (i.e. a drag race) and than i make a classification.
No need for .lua files, only words and your fantasy. If you think your car is perfect you can even don’t touch it and just polish the paint.

Note: this time you need to modify the car as part of the first challenge, in other round can be the second, or the third, or maybe you don’t need to at all (i will specify in the first post).

Don’t warry, i can assure you don’t need any more road trip, everything from now on will be done on a track. Yes if you can do with 1000€ (you can do, but the quality remain pretty low).

Am I allowed to reduce quality elsewhere to make room for more money? i.e. as long as the estimated price is under $1000 more than before, it’s okay?

You don’t need to change anything on your file, just immagine what you can do with 1000€ (or 1000$) it don’t need to be covered on Automation, like i said before, you can tell me: “i’m going to change the interior, i’ll buy on Amazon two massaging gaming chair and i bolt in place of the seats”. I will judge your fantasy in this phase.

Oh, cause I completely redesigned the car with a premium interior and improved comfort from 10 to 25… I’m not very good at this role-playing thing am I?

In that case, I fit the car with new, three-piston calipers and much less aggressive brake pads (I actually did this in-game). And I also order the gaming chairs from Amazon. That will be all!

1 Like

I announce to all, there will not be a round 2 of Top Gear Role Game. there are too few role player on this forum.
Instead, i’ll host a simil competition, check this topic:

TOP GEAR CHALLENGE

p.s. This round will come to an end as planned.

Plastic St Christopher - 50c
Couple of bouquets of flowers - $5
Bottle of whisky - $7

That’s the parents sorted out.

Rust remover, polyfiller and white spray paimt - $700.

Car is back to near as damnit showroom(ish) condition (except for the lumps and bumps!).

Bag of old fish - FREE from Tesco bins
Deposit fish in Phale and Titleguy1’s boots (trunks) and weld them up!!

2 Likes

This post… wow… :thumbsup: :top:

So, do I not continue my story?

yes, yes, continue, i’ve changed some rules for the next round (reduced the role-play part), but we will finish this round as planned

Alright. Time for work. Thankfully, Atarashi’s are known for good rust protection and paint quality, but the interior is very dull. The radiator seems to be the cause of my problems, too, so I’ll check that out.

Racing Aluminum Radiator - $245.00
Leather front and rear seats - $400.00
New A/C Unit - $150.00
Garmin nüvi navigation unit - $97.99

Total Price - $892.99

After 2 days of tinkering, I’m ready to go!

Perfect, it’s a bit late in italy now, tomorrow i’ll post the results!

it’s time to show your creation to the Jury
@phale:
J: what’s that?
P: massaging seat.
J: It looks horrible, and this smell… :mask:
P: But…but…feel the vibration
J: Awful… 1000€ for this shit?
P: No, absolutly, i’ve changed the brakes!
J: What?
P: 3 pistons high performance brakes
J: What? (Her face is even more confused)

Time to vote: 1; 1 1/2; 1 For a grand total of 3 1/2

Second creation, time for @titleguy1, the jury appreciate very much the leather seat and the A/C efficency. “With a garmin nav we can even go to a small trip, it’s a cute car, only this smell, all the sport car have this scent?”
Votes: 5, 7, 6

The last @TR8R, …

The jury seems a bit drunk,

10, 10, 10, we clearly have a winner.

Time for another challenge.

Opening the envelope:

The small sport car are famous for his cornering performance, now you will evaluate how well your car perform around tight corners. In the main straight of the track the production have setted a 200m slalom course

First on the line @titleguy1, he warm up the tire with a little burnout and here we go, despite the slim tires the Ozora go around the corner pretty well, total time 14.17 seconds

Second @TR8R, a very small and sporty car, he’s the favouite, can he beat the time setted early? The IMP is very fast, he complete the curse in only 13.23sec

Last on the track is @phale, massive car, not the best feature for this type of challenge. Let’s go, wow, is unexpectedly quick, it will be a close challenge…the final time is 13 seconds point…58.

Uuuh, another envelope

Quoting an advertisement: the control is nothing without power. And what’s the better method to mesure power than a drag race?

All the cars are on the line, green flag, the Adenine’s 330HP make the difference this time, is quicker than the other, @phale cross the line in 12.18 seconds. Among the others it will be close… the IMP is less powerful but much more lighter…Second on the line @TR8R (15.06), third the Ozora (15.66)

Another envelope

Why you buy a sport car? To beat your friends on the track, the last challenge will be a timed lap of our track

First lap for @titleguy1: the lack of power is impressive on our long straight but in the corner is good, final time in 1.37;82
If the Ozora lack in power the Pocket Rocket is not less…but its lightweight and big tires is a big benefit on the track. Total time of one…26,95. Great round
Last but not the least, the incredibly powerful Mist, is much more quicker on the straight, last corner, and across the line.

Back to the studio

It’s time for the ranking

The first points will be assigned for price, every 3000$ saved worth one point
One point for @titleguy1 and @phale, two points for @TR8R

Second space in our raking is the time of the first travel. The first who have arrived 3, than 2 and one point for the last. Same thing for the modification slalom and drag challenges.

Before the lap time the total is:
8 points for the @titleguy1’s Atarashi, 9 for @phale and 11 for @TR8R
The lap time worth triple points, so anything can always happen
I can tell, the Atarashi is the slowest, so 3pts.
The challege is close among the other two, if the Adenine Mist is faster then 1.26.95 win this comparsion for one point…
@Phale time is 1 minute…

So the best car is the most powerful one,
And on that bombshell, Take care, Goodnight

Haha, perfect ending! :slight_smile:

I was robbed!!!

I would congratulate Phale but his car stinks!:kissing:

:slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah… With burning rubber, gasoline, and fish in the trunk, I can only imagine what that would smell like :wink:

NO, totaly legit :wink:
Apart for the results, i hope you have fun and you like it.

Triple points, what an effort for a plot twist