Thank you Automation!

Before I started playing Automation, I was a student studying engineering in college and I had only a casual interest in cars. They were cool but I was daunted by the sheer amount of knowledge I would have to learn to truly understand them. But after I started playing Automation, that changed. I was amazed at how the game was able to simplify the mind-boggling complexity of designing a car into something approachable and understandable. And yet, the game still offered hundreds of hours of exploration where I could dive deeper and learn about the finer points of engines, powertrains, and vehicle dynamics. Automation single-handedly inspired me to take automotive-focused classes and spend all of my free time reading about automotive history and technology. In the time that I’ve been playing Automation, I went from newbie to obsessed gearhead. Because of you, Automation devs, I am now starting a new career as a System Validation Engineer at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles!

38 Likes

That is quite the journey. Congratulations!
It does take a lot of effort to get from nothing to where you are now, and I think I speak for the whole team when I say we’re glad that we could help you along the way. :slight_smile:
Best of success in your pretty awesome sounding new career in the industry!

20 Likes

I can also thank Automation for making me appreciate the fact that, for certain situations, some drivetrain and trim combinations are better than others; it depends on what you want your vehicle to be, and hence what demographic it will be aimed at.

1 Like

Me too here can also thank Automation, it is what really Led me to actually taking an Automotive Technology course at my school, and some knowledge did transfer over a little bit to help in class

2 Likes