The 1990 Taxi Competition

is it possible to extend the deadline?
5 days is fairly shallow considering the ruleset is comfirmed for only 12 hours

Let’s say I will start to test the cars on March 15 and that will take a few days, especially a proper review writing. March 18 is deadline for late entrants, until then I won’t reject cars as there won’t be results until March 20

same to me. its only possible with a sedan …
can you lower it to 45 please?

well…
i’ve been looking at the regulations and there are some things which do not really make sense in my eyes…

1st: environmental resistance
why does Gasmea require more resistance if they have more consistent and generally better weather than most Fruinians?
(there are legit regions in the US where cars do not rust at all)

2nd: reliability
again. why do 'Muricans want more of it?
gas is cheap as f**ck and cars are simple enough to be fixed manually. In conjunction with the higher comfort needs this is kinda questionable…
(you can meet reliability with ease tho)

3rd: emmissions
assuming you are looking at trim emissions, you can get by without a cat in Fruinia. In a time where almost all cars had a three-way.

4th: utility
Have you ever seen a Taxi towing stuff?
i haven’t.

5th: fuel
91RON in 'Murica? Fine by me
91RON in most of europe.
well… available, and used by some cars at the time, but not terribly common considering 95 being a wide-spread thing here.

6th: scoring
remember me talking about suggesting to ditch the formula?
or at least keep it secret?
you pretty much replaced the old one with a new system completely abuseable by all the entrants.
Tho having the “25 Points system” is a step in the right way.

This is not meant to come across as rude. If it does, i am sorry for that, but i am just putting my concerns here since i actually started building now…

Here is my list of suggested changes:

• lower both Environmental Resistance values to around 30-ish, because rustproofing and early 90s did not go that well together
  • make Emissions a bit more stringent, espeecially Fuinia
  • cut utility altogether.
  • allow 95RON in Fruinia
  • sorry… but revamp scoring a second time…

EDIT:
what i like is not being constrained by ET/ PU limits.
allows for engineering creativity :+1:

1 Like

I won’t reject a car if it’s close to the specs needed. That means 10% of the needed value, for 50 its 5 then, so a safety 45 car will be able to take part here. But consider: If it’s under the maximum score, the lacking points will be doubled and the score will be reduced by it.

For example you need 50 reliability and you have 46, so your score will be reduced by 8 points. That allows cars that are not meeting the requirement but are otherwise overall good to take part.
If you go over the financial limits, you will get half the points of what you otherwise get. The best car got 25, you in relation to the best still 10, but I will give you only 5 then.

I can’t make it any more fair because otherwise it would be a disadvantage for those who did reach the scores I wanted to have.

hmm…
seen that scoring system before:
MinMaxed for driveability and blew the competition

Thanks for your honest and constructive critique.

It might be better to stick to the 25 point system overall.
I am a little afraid I am confusing the participants by doing one step foward and two steps back, then going sideways. But this is my first competition since nearlly three years and the last one was just all about lap times, so much easier.

To your comments:

• I saw that a 1990 car is prone to rust, but this is exactly why the commisions of these countrys want it to be resistant. They should last long even in Alaska or Sweden.

• 91 RON was quite common in Europe in 1990, but you are right, the early 90 made the turn towards 95 RON. A taxi burns a lot of fuel in its life, so Frunia still goes for the cheaper one. In a 2000 contest that might follow if this one turns out to be fun it will be definitely 95.

I am not trying to stop you from doing unconventional things, that’s why I dont like ET and PU limits. if a car is sold exclusive to taxi fleets, it doesnt need mass producion to meet the demand. And you are not limited in your entries, you can easily throw in a second one if you want me to try out different concepts.

the 25 point system is not what has been bothering me.
in fact, i do like t since it is detailed enough to give the entrant a clear view of what is wanted, but vague enough to (mostly) prevent overly aggressive Min-Maxing

what was concerning to me is the “first part”…

people can deduct the exact score calculation formula based on the info give in there, thus provoking the MinMax towards the more important stats.

Example, if a change, despite being unrealistic, trades a point of sportiness for a point of comfort, the typical MinMaxxer will go for it, because “i get a point out of it”.

Franklin Marshall Horizon. Available in both countries. Pricing starting at $12,547

Thats really cheap for the C-Class body. I am looking foward to test its abilites.

1 Like

Does the number of seats affect score?

Indirectly yes. A taxi needs 5 seats and a decent trunk. 7-seaters are of course more versatile, and van bodies score better in practicality which I consider in the evaluation. But its the question if this is superior over the disadvantages a van has compared to a sedan.

So there’s no instabin or severe penalty for submitting a four-seater?

No instabin, but it will definitely be a thumb down for that. Depending on the other scores of the car, it might be still able to hold up.

BDM Presents for Gasmea Entry :
BDM - Citizen
2.5 I6 engine , reliable, confortable, economic . . .

Sorry for the License Plate bug, I don’t know how to fix

1 Like

A lot of people have the License Plate bug.

3 Likes

The new BCT T6005, presented for gasmea as a taxi oriented vehicle, it has a high capacity trunk, good cargo limit combined with comfort suspensions and a economic, ecologic,reliable 122hp engine, with a fuel consumption of 11,4l/100kms (it can be lower deppending of your driving style)

It has a good quality interior, cassete, abs, traction control and power stering.
It meets gasmea security standars, it is corrosion resistant.
The manteinance is not expensive and can be yours for 13402 dollars key in hand

I give you the NismaTrek. Whatever you throw at it it wont give up on you. With a 4 cylinder inline motor saving you money with good gas milage and service costs. The 1300cc motor with turbo pushes out little over 100hp. Its got premium interior seating. It will handle terrain with a suspension system made for comfort. Leading edge safety to keep you and your passengers safe. The Trek was built for getting passenger where they need to go for $14041.

car file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19QZQiqed6vUfQU98CLxVyGyZrDarmdAk/view?usp=sharing

The new BCT 4005,our candidate for fruinia taxi drivers, with a economic 1.8 4 cylinders engine with 80hp. meets all the enviromental normatives with a moderate fuel comsumption. It comes with a good quality interior, power steering, ABS, Traccion control, high security systems and good suspension to make sure your passangers enjoy the ride

You can buy it now for 14005 dollars key in hand

That doesn’t look 1990…