The 1990 Taxi Competition

So, is there any interest in a 2000 Taxi Challenge?

lemme say this:
i did not enter because some of the rules seemed too stringent and/ or not properly enforced.

why put a safety limit if not obeying it does not yield an insta-:wastebasket:?

same goes for emissions

also:
the way the rules are told makes you assume that they are hard limits which they apparently were not

soo…
generally i am interested, if there is an improved version of this ruleset

1 Like

Yes

Thanks for your honest critique.

This was my first challenge after 2,5 years absence and I had to get back in the business with something completely new. A few issues were planned and you are right - the ruleset was instable.

I am not a friend of instabinning. Some cars were not too bad and worth to take part in the challenge. Yes, there was one stupid meme car, but well, why not, one shitbox, one quickly rushed together, and 15 serious entrants (ok, three by myself, but this was an excellent possibility to check the competetiveness of my builds) are quite good for me.

In the future I will have a more clear set of rules. I ran this challenge the following way:

The stats wanted by me will result in points. The more important the score, the more points to get. P.E: 50 in comfort, 25 in consumption, 5 in sportiness. The best car gets full score and the others will be judged in relation.
If a car’s score is below requirements, it will get a serious, but not “destroying” pentalty.

This turned out to be balanced and fair and I will stick to this for further challenges. Why no binning for lower stats than wanted? The answer is simple: I am not always having all mods, there do exist different game versions and I am not always aware of the fact which one is the best or latest. So I need to react to such things and this is my way to do it.
If you are interessed, I will show you my Excel Tables after the 2000 Taxi Challenge, as I won’t launch a 2010 one - I have other ideas for the future after regaining experience with two taxi challenges.

2 Likes