The 2000 Taxi challenge

Recalculation done.

Excel calculation will be published here this weekend to give you a first insight and alter the tension. Beam part is also finished but its’ tough giving the Points wisely…

@Caligo seing the screenshot above … your car is a bee…

So, here you can see the stats in comparison of all entrants.
I removed the scored points as this overloaded the table, and I am still struggling a little with the Beam part.

But at least you can now see that I am acutally working on it and not telling you bullshit.

Looks at engines

:musical_note: one of these things is not like the other :musical_note:

Damn, I have cut the table accidentally, some cars are missing. I will re-upload it after work.

Uh, I just noticed. What the hell did the update do to the price of my entries? 71k??? I think there’s a reason all the other contests right now are using material costs…

the way the estimated price is calculated has significantly changed with the last few updates and now also includes a (what the game thinks) reasonale markup.

thus the high price

1 Like

Totally correct.

As you cant be blamed for the update I wont insist on that price limit, but surely one thing is sure: The cheaper, the better.

And I met with a friend who actually drives taxi, and he told me comfort is superior to drivability, and I gave reliability and service cost not enough points to score, as this is by far more important than I calculated.
Damn, here we go again…

But now before posting the points, a last glimpse at the statistics, now with ALL cars finally (and the new point balancing).

1 Like

I like how my V12 van is the only one with a performance score xD

1 Like

I always mark top and low end first.
And “performance” is a new point as I formerly considered only the acceleration, because a taxi is rarely going topspeed. But there are some cars that accelerate slow but speed up to amazing speed, so performance is appprox. 70% acceleration and 30% topspeed to be realistic.

Drivability is far easier, as this is mathematically easy, 72,6 is the highest score in the field, and 1% is 0,726. The Frunian has 69,1, this divided through 0,726 means 95,18, and 95 % of 40 maximum points are 38, so Frunian car gets 38.
This does not work if lower score is demanded, p.e. in consumption. I am doing this more or less over the thumb.

So this is how it already worked in the 1990 challenge from its basic principes.

I’m late to seeing these statistics by a long shot. But I am not that surprised the Takushi got a low score. I am somehow still satisfied with a Z. It’s my favorite letter after all.

its been 2 months…
atleast let it come out before half life 3 please…

This sounds possible!

Let me present you the current spreadsheet.
The challenge is even finished, but it is on the other computer.
I just saw this in notifications and I assume you are curious about the progress.

But the spreadsheet is broken as I just saw, there must be something wrong with the formula.
I WANT TO FINISH THIS BEFORE HHD4. Wish me luck! :smiley:

1 Like

I got a semi good score before beam. I am satisfied.

Please mind that my formular in the red parts is broken. There can still be a change after I found my error.

1 Like

Ah, I see

RESULTS

Now, I guess you didn’t believe I would finish this - but I did. Excel completely corrected and repeated testdriving multiple times to have a 100% fair score.

We start today with 26 to 15.

26: Jidosha Microbox with 232,46 points
The 0,45 Boxer 4 just not provides adequate power, and the handling is suffering from the ultra-short wheelbase. On a twisty road with ESC off, it does not handle too bad, but otherwise… on the torture road and icy or muddy conditions the car fails - dizzy without ESC and if ESC is on, it is so rigid that barely antything goes. The concept doesn’t show many strengths here.

25: Tubelo Berry with 243,77 points
The comfort is excellent, but the acceleration is lame, the emissions way over the limit and the price ultra-high (hit the quality slider too often?). Not a great car, as it needs very much fuel. But compared to 1990 a progress for the Romanian manufactor.

24: Taimania Takushi with 252,82 points
Good power, affordable price - but the consumption is very high and the comfort low. Besides going over the emission limit, there is not much standing out. This is a car when you need a car.

23: Tubelo Lemon, 256,85 points
By far not as comfortable or expensive as the other one, it’s quite cheap but thirsty. also a quite polluting one, but not as terribly slow as the other Tubelo.

22: Manter El Vido, 272,41 points
Thirsty and expensive to maintain, but otherwise nothing to really complain about. Beam performance was more the lower end of the table, but not completely bad. We’re getting closer to cars we can actually make use of.

21: Corbaji Trojan, 277,55 points
Good performance in Beam and no evident showstopper for the Trojan. The comfort could be better and the consumption lower. The latter critic kills it in the ranking.

20: Kyosoku Crusader, 279,42 points
Rather low drivability and disappointing in the Beam part. In addition to that, no real strength to pull the car further up in the ranking. For those who get along with the crude driving part, maybe worth a try.

19: Dimsul Bilg, 280,07 points
The only three-door here has good comfort and cheap maintenance at good reliability, but it’s sadly a drunkard that pollutes the environment with rather high emissions and doesn’t handle great.

18: Mikaza W, 288,78 points
Does not handle bad at all, but not pleasant to drive in city traffic and the comfort is rather disappointing. Not a bad car but just not good enough.

17: Faragon Eaglestar, 289,81 points
Similar verdict like the Mikaza, it’s not as roomy or versatile like the Mikaza, but a tiny bit better in most aspects that make it pass the Mikaza by one point.

16: Maxton Senator, 291,52 points
Very reliable sedan with good comfort, but at the cost of handling that is not fun at all. The consumption is high, so the result might be disappointing for Maxton although having many qualities a taxi should have. Not the best car on icy surfaces, but very sturdy and almost immune to bad roads.

15: Huangdou Shije, 292,82 points
The safety could be better, and handling on difficult surfaces is not the best. The suspension lacks refinement. Other than that, a totally boring car you can’t go wrong with in most cases.

1 Like

both of my cars are apparently “thirsty”
might want to get a new water cooler installed back at the workstation

I’m sorry what how is my absolute shitpost of a van not at the bottom lmao

was yours above 15thr 23rd place?
if so, you have somehow beat my taxis, even though I poured 2 hours of work into them EACH

It was definitely a step up from your 1990 car. But as you can see there is still a lot to improve. But feel encouraged to further take part in challenges and improve your builds.

1 Like