The 2018 Meatball run - Day 2 4PM-7PM

Operation BIRD

OOC note: questions marked with an asterix (* <- that thing) are to be answered by the other player

State of team:
Connor:
currently driving; sometimes checks on the others in the rear-viev-mirror; slightly nervous
Redwood: co-driver´s seat; neutral; closely watches Connor having noticed his nervousness
Tonsom: rear left seat; feels like he´s done the right thing; visibly dissapointed in relation to Connor

Possible State of guest occupants:
note: whoever is physically smaller gets the rear-center seat, the other the rear-right one
Lucas: happy about the offer; sad about car being a hunk of metal; surprised about the car being a commuter sedan.
John: see Lucas

John, Lucas and Connor approach the car.
Connor: “We only have the rear-right and rear-center seats left. I would advise the smaller one of you to take the middle seat in order to save space.”
John: “Well… if you say so.”

The three enter the car and start moving.
After a mimute of silence Tonsom starts an introductory round.
Tonsom: “Well… I think we should get to know each other…
I am Captain Frank Tonsom, driver´s seat is set by our piece of shit we call Connor and thi…”
Redwood: “Really? You are starting to talk shit about Connor right after he seemed to have learnt stuff from you?? By the way, hasn´t been my turn yet… I am Tim Redwood…”
Tonsom: “Yeah… he´s still a dumbfuck…
Anyway, i have the money, Connor has the knowledge and Tim… i don´t even know why he is here.”

Redwood: [:roll_eyes:] “Really? I have told you before we left… You would likely have smashed Connor to pieces if i wasn´t here…”
Tonsom: “Stop lying… back to business… well… the team as a whole is called Operation BIRD…”

Another moment of awkward silence.

Connor: "It would be helpful for both of us if you would introduce yourselves as well.* "
Tonsom: “How far are you planning to seek asylum in here?* We can drop you off in the next major town. Alternatively, we can drag you all the way to the finish line… Then you at least finished albeit without a car…”
Connor: “May i remind you that there is a mission to accomplish?”
Tonsom: “You and your stupid mission… but you´re right… now that you are here, you could be very helpful for us… if you agree in… say… pursuing a goal not related to winning the race…”
Redwood: “WOOOO! More colleagues!”
Tonsom: [:roll_eyes:] “Was that REALLY necessary?”
Redwood: “Sorry about that…”

Connor: “I suggest giving our guests some time to think over the questions asked. I´ll inform you when we approach the next major town.”
Tonsom: "Seems like a decent idea for once…

So. If you do have any questions, i am all ears…"

@Aaron.W
your turn

questions for short:
how long to be here?
introduction of “Two Lone Wolfes”
if you are willing to provide info for our mission

5 Likes

Lucas is secretly laughing while the OPERATION BIRD is insulting themselves…
Connor: “It would be helpful for both of us if you would introduce yourselves as well.”
Lucas: So, I am Lucas, the driver and here’s John, a co-driver.
John: Hi.
Lucas: We’re the Two Lone Wolves. The name came from the idea when we fight about tuning the TSR Tora RS. Two Lone Wolves because we’re not a pack of wolves…
John: Can you drop us down at the next major city so that we’ll catch a train to go back to Stockholm?
Lucas: Can I have your phone number so that I can see how you’re doing in the race?
John: Hey! That’s asking too much!
Lucas: Oh yeah, and where is the train station in the next major town?

@Elizipeazie
Your turn…

3 Likes

Operation BIRD

OOC note: questions marked with an asterix (* <- that thing) are to be answered by the other player

State of team:
Connor:
currently driving; sometimes checks on the others in the rear-viev-mirror; neutral
Redwood: co-driver´s seat; neutral; in conversation with John and Lucas
Tonsom: rear left seat; feels like he´s done the right thing; in conversation with John and Lucas

Lucas: in conversation with Tonsom and Redwood, possibly Connor

Connor: “It seems like our recent internal conversation has been amusing for our guests.”
Tonsom: “Let them laugh… i don´t care…”
A bit of a pause
Tonsom: “So the next town it is then…”

Tonsom turns over to Connor
Tonsom: “You heard them, next major town train station.”
Connor: [calm as ever] “Got it.”

Tonsom: "Soo… Lucas… for the phone number…
First: We are not really intending to win since we have a different mission here
[Redwood starts searching for his phone]
Tonsom: [:angry:; to Redwood] “You leave that in your pocket.
[back to Lucas] Second: Only if you do NOT have the number of any other team…
Otherwise you could fuck our mission over by telling the others…”

Redwood: “Are you gonna be staying in Stockholm until the race ends or are you directly heading home?”
John: “Why would you need to know that?”
Redwood: "Just curious… you are not the first to be offered a lift, but the other team just was like Let´s pretend nobody is there "

Tonsom: “Here´s the plan:
If you don´t have any other Meatball numbers, you can have his. [points at Redwood]
You may, if wanted, help us on our mission. We´ll explain it if you agree to do so…
Regardless of wether you want to help or not, we´ll drop you off at the next town´s central station so you can get to Stockholm.”

The car turns mostly silent and continues it´s journey, the (more reliable than expected tbh) engine “roaring” along the highway.

@Aaron.W
back to you

4 Likes

John: We’ll be going directly home in Stockholm.
Then OPERATION BIRD explains that John and Lucas can help them.
Lucas: Oh, I would love to help. You don’t need to buy me food anyways, I brought snacks from my car we can share if you guys want it…
Tonsom: Great!
John: I want to fix the car… So, I’m going back to Stockholm. No need for the phone numbers anyways…
Redwood: Ok.
Lucas eats one of his snacks, and its Japanese…

1 Like

OOC:
Good call; Tonsom loves that sweet stuff

Operation BIRD

State of team:
Connor:
currently driving; repeatedly checks on the others in the rear-viev-mirror; sceptical about trustworthiness of Lucas and John
Redwood:
co-driver´s seat; neutral; in conversation with John and Lucas
Tonsom:
rear left seat; in conversation with John and Lucas; in hope for progress on mission

Lucas: in conversation with Tonsom and Redwood, possibly Connor; eager to help

Tonsom takes two of the snacks from Lucas, one of them being handed over to Redwood fairly quickly. They unwrap whatever they recieved and have a bite.
Redwood immediately gets rid of said snack by spitting it out of the window.

Redwood: “BAH! That was horrible!”
Tonsom: “Dunno what your problem is… I think its alright.” [takes another bite]
Redwood: “Whatever that thing was… Stay away with that crap.”
Tonsom: "Anyway… nom nom As said, nom we have a different nom purpose here… nom nom To be fair…
Connor: “I am sorry to interrupt you, Captain, but the information you are about to provide is to be kept secret.”

Tonsom throws whatever is left of the snack at Connor, actually dealing a head-shot. Connor does show little reaction though, apart from wiping said snack off.

Tonsom: “You shut the fuck UP! I know what i´m doin so stop commanding me you piece of shit!”
Redwood: “Erm… Frank… you are doing it again… And Connor is right… if we tell too much we can bin our mission…”
Tonsom: "Fuck… FUUUCK!.. Okay Frank calm down… calm down… deep breath "
Redwood: “Got cooled off?”
Tonsom: “I´m good… [turns over to Lucas]
So… we cannot tell our job in this thing, but what i can tell is that we are doing this not because we want it… We have to do this…”
Connor: “We are drifting off the original topic…”
Tonsom: “Shut up we are not… Can you tell us everything you know about how this Meatball thing was organized or established? Every single bit helps!
Also… can i have another one of these? They are friggin awesome.”

@Aaron.W

your turn
won´t be too long to town
just the info you might have and some set to say goodbye

4 Likes

Team Off Constantly

The ladies of Team Off Constantly slept late and sat down to breakfast, after yesterday’s shenanigans with the local fauna and law enforcement they decided to dial back the aggression a notch. As Mel showered, Dani did a quick search on her phone and found an unofficial site posting the progress of the Meatball. Her stomach churned as she discovered their place: Dead last. Some of the teams had covered twice the distance of their poor, battered Tazio. Knowing Mel’s competitive nature, she decided not to inform her of this fact. It was Dani’s day to drive, she would do her best, but didn’t want Mel encouraging her to overdrive. Besides, knowing the fact wouldn’t change anything, and she wanted to enjoy her day of driving.

“I left you some hot water. I’ll go settle the bill and check the car over,” said Mel, emerging from a steaming bathroom. As Dani showered, Mel too had checked for race results and discovered their placing. She decided not to tell Dani, she didn’t need any added pressure, and besides, they were on holiday. She marvelled at how far some of the cars had travelled in the first day, and decided that simply finishing without winding up underneath another moose would be a win for their team.

Dani walked towards the idling Tazio as Mel was cleaning yesterday’s grime off the windows.
“Car looks good, sweets. Ready for another day of Sweden at speed?”
“Let’s do it.”

The morning went smoothly, with the team stopping for fuel and then stopping again for a police car -which handed them another speeding ticket. Conversation between the two was limited mostly to pace notes, as both were carefully avoiding the topic of their non-competitiveness. Mel made no comment on Dani’s drive, except to compliment her on the fact of her speeding ticket being more expensive. Dani, for her part, drove fast but conservatively, keeping her eyes far ahead on the road, scanning for wildlife.

4 Likes

Team Shitbox Brothers

These two will have a breakdown soon, amirite?

Day 2.

As the Brothers navigated towards Grum, a stop for fuel and some snacks robbed them of some time Getaway Plan used to overtake them.

Ana: “I told you, we should’ve woke up way earlier. We had no margin and now that thing with wheels is in front.”

Alejandro: “We’ll caaaaatch them, so stop complaining.”

Ana: “We better do, I swear we better do. At least the guys in the Ceder haven’t caught up…”

The km went by mostly silently until a notification popped up in Alejandro’s phone. He read it quickly.

Alejandro: “Another team bit the dust. Lone Wolves. They crashed into a garbage truck, they are alright buuuuuuut their car wrecked completely. Totalled. Dead.”

Ana: “At least they are fine. How many of us racers left on the road?”

Alejandro: “Let’s see…Off Constantly, the Bogliq boys…the two girls in the Thunder, the Green Gunners aaaaaand…ah yes, these MV guys. Also the youtuber bunch, the group in the Damien Benoit, that old woman’s you had an argument with team, that Ardent SUV…Letto, the Vandals, the Hillbillies, Sipp, Stm, Ree, Bakewell Tart, the Devils, Getaway and us. So that makes…19 racers still on the road, and we are second.”

Ana: “Alright, no time to relax. We can’t be the next ones to wreck.”

And once again, the pastel pink Caliban disappeared in the horizon with its inline 4 wailing.

8 Likes

apparently nobody noticed the Lone Wolfes taking a lift with Operation BIRD xD

2 Likes

Not much of a possibility for my characters to know that quite a few kilometres away :sweat:

1 Like

true…
but they did notice about The Wolfes having crashed their car

I just imagine the race officials having some chat a la Whatsapp or similar. If this is not correct, I’ll stop doing it :sweat:

2 Likes

Maybe that’s a discussion better suited for the discord?
And @Mr.Computah, just keep on doing what you do and everything will probably be great…

5 Likes

6 Likes

Things went bad, real bad…

Comming around a corner at about 80mph there was no time to even hit the brakes. They hit the Moose dead center on its rump caving the entire center of the front. The truck was done, oil, coolant, and gear oil were all over the road underneath. The frame twisted and bent in several sections. For the first time, and the last time the Express would not see them through to the finish.

Jake pushing down the airbag nursing a bloody nose, “You ok?”

Suzie “Ow, yeah, what the heck happened?”

Jake, “We hit something, judging from the blood and hair a big animal. It doesn’t look like its moving”

The two wind up climbing out of the windows

Suzie, “Man you sure made a mess out of it”

Jake, “I wonder if we get to keep it”

Suzie, “Where do you plan to put it, the truck looks almost as bad as it?”

7 Likes

DAY 2, 10AM-1PM
The following legs will be passed by some of the teams this time:
#9, Vaggeryd - Laholm. 161 km of highway driving. Weather is partially cloudy and cooling down.
#10, Laholm-Smygehuk. 84 km of highway driving, 102 km on small country roads. Weather is cloudy and a bit chilly.
#11, Smygehuk-Ronneby. Now the southernmost point of Sweden is passed and the teams are heading north again. 80 km of small country roads, 129 km on larger country roads. Weather is chilly with pouring rain.

Team Off Constantly / @Obfuscious
10AM-11AM
Notes: CHECKPOINT PASSED: Härjedalen
Distance: 1233 km
11AM-Noon
Notes: None
Distance: 1330 km
Noon-1PM
Notes: Team is stopping for food at Orsa hamburgerbar
Distance: 1393 km

Fuel: 16 litres
Money: $5024.41
Fatigue: 30%

Team Mountain pass / @HighOctaneLove
10AM-11AM
Distance: 1298 km
11AM-Noon
Distance: 1395 km
Noon-1PM
Notes: Team is refuelling at Preem, Mora and stopping for food at McDonalds, Mora
Distance: 1419 km

Fuel: 49 litres
Money: $6735.82
Fatigue: 20%

Team Thunderstruck / @Fayeding_Spray
10AM-11AM
Distance: 1362 km
11AM-Noon
Distance: 1470 km
Noon-1PM
Notes: Team is stopping for fuel and some hot dogs at OKQ8 Djurås
Distance: 1515 km

Fuel: 46 litres
Money: $4456.47
Fatigue: 38%

Team Green Gunners / @abg7
10AM-11AM
Distance: 1448 km
11AM-Noon
Notes: CHECKPOINT PASSED: Ludvika
Distance: 1564 km
Noon-1PM
Notes: CHECKPOINT PASSED: Kumla
Team is stopping for food at Grillcenter Kumla and for refuelling at OKQ8 Kumla
Distance: 1681 km

Fuel: 50 litres
Money: $1765.40
Fatigue: 23%

Team MV Design / @Marcus_gt500
10AM-11AM
Notes: CHECKPOINT PASSED: Ludvika
There is a smell of gasoline in the car. The problem is traced to a crack in a fuel hose, however, near a fitting and could be shortened.
Team is stopping for fuel at Tanka, Ludvika
Distance: 1569 km
11AM-Noon
Distance: 1678 km
Noon-1PM
Team is stopping for food at Grillcenter Kumla
Distance: 1747 km

Fuel: 32 litres
Money: $9709.98
Fatigue: 38%

Team Bunnysquad / @Mikonp7
10AM-11AM
The throttle cable snaps but could be temporarily fixed to drive to the nearest shop. At Lillåns bil, Örebro, there was a Volvo 240 cable lying on a dusty shelf that was close enough to be easily modified to fit.
Distance: 1754 km
11AM-Noon
Notes: CHECKPOINT PASSED: Grums
Team is stopping for fuel at OKQ8 Grums
Distance: 1877 km
Noon-1PM
Distance: 2010 km

Fuel: 45 litres
Money: $2149.94
Fatigue: 17%

Team Operation BIRD / @Elizipeazie
10AM-11AM
Team is stopping for fuel at OKQ8 Grums
Distance: 1848 km
11AM-Noon
Distance: 1966 km
Noon-1PM
Notes: CHECKPOINT PASSED:Falköping
Team is stopping for food at Ströget mat & pub, Falköping
Distance: 2051 km

Fuel:40 litres
Money: $5185.32
Fatigue: 25%

Team New Life / @VicVictory
10AM-11AM
The old spare that was put on earlier in the race was old and worn and could not cope with the spirited driving in the long run. Two new tyres is bought at First Stop, Grums for $120. The remaining old tyre used as spare.
Team is refuelling at St1 Grums
Distance: 1848 km
11AM-Noon
Distance: 1969 km
Noon-1PM
Notes: CHECKPOINT PASSED: Falköping
Team is stopping for food at Eldorado, Falköping

Fuel: 15 litres
Money: $3536.51
Fatigue: 55%

Team Harcourt-Entwhistle / @Jaimz
10AM-11AM
Distance: 1928km
11AM-Noon
Notes: CHECKPOINT PASSED:Falköping
Noon-1PM
Notes: Team is refuelling at ST1 Falköping and later having food at Eldorado, Falköping
Distance: 2078 km

Fuel: 48 litres
Money: $3813.52

Team Letto / @LordLetto
10AM-11AM
Distance: 1912 km
11AM-Noon
Distance: 2024 km
Noon-1PM
Team is stopping for food at McDonalds, Jönköping
Distance: 2134 km

Fuel: 30 litres
Money: $7884.83
Fatigue: 40%

Team V6 Vandals / @Madrias
10AM-11AM
Notes: Team is firing some fireworks when passing Hillbilly Rollers
Distance: 1958 km
11AM-Noon
Notes: Team is stopping for refuelling at Ingo, Vänersborg
CHECKPOINT PASSED: Falköping
Distance: 2059 km
Noon-1PM
Notes: There is some trouble with the electronics. However, it’s not worse than it can be fixed at the side of the road.
Team is stopping for food at Burger King, Jönköping
Distance: 2119 km

Fuel: 29 litres
Money: $750.58
Fatigue: 16%

Team Hillbilly rollers / Knugcab
10AM-11AM
Notes: Team is somewhat surprised by the V6 Vandals fireworks
Distance: 1956 km
11AM-Noon
Notes: Team has stopped for refuelling at Tanka, Trollhättan
Distance: 2047 km
Noon-1PM
Distance: 2164 km

Fuel: 28 litres
Money: $1516.11

Team Stm316 / @stm316
10AM-11AM
Distance: 2114 km
11AM-Noon
Notes: CHECKPOINT PASSED: Vaggeryd
Team is stopping for fuel and some hot dogs at Preem Vaggeryd
Distance: 2164 km
Noon-1PM
Distance: 2324 km

Fuel: 26 litres
Money: $2803.70

Team Sippppp / @TheElt
10AM-11AM
Distance: 2066 km
11AM-Noon
Distance: 2222 km
Noon-1PM
Notes: CHECKPOINT PASSED: Laholm
Team is refuelling at Ingo, Laholm and stopping for food at Japata, Laholm
Distance: 2325 km

Money: $1854.92
Fatigue: 73%

Team REE / @Detsikeulii
10AM-11AM
Notes: Team is refuelling at Qstar Grästorp
Distance: 2099 km
11AM-Noon
Notes:CHECKPOINT PASSED: Vaggeryd
Distance: 2270 km
Noon-1PM
Team is refuelling at Ingo, Laholm and having food at Jipata, Laholm

Money: $2401.92

Team Dust Devils / @DukeOFhazards
10AM-11AM
Notes: Team has stopped for refuelling at Circle K, Vara
Distance: 2086 km
11AM-Noon
Distance: 2239 km
Noon-1PM
Team is stopping for food at Örelids, Laholm

Fuel: 15 litres
Money: $4898.80

Team Bakewell Tart / @Mythrin
10AM-11AM
Distance: 2134 km
11AM-Noon
Notes: CHECKPOINTS PASSED: Vaggeryd, Laholm
Team is stopping for fuel at Preem, Hjärnarp and having food at Hjärnarps pizzeria
Distance: 2353 km
Noon-1PM
Distance: 2407 km

Fuel: 46 litres
Money: $2506.12
Fatigue: 47.5%

Team Shitbox / @Mr.Computah
10AM-11AM
Distance:2314 km
11AM-Noon
Distance: 2473 km
9AM-10AM
Notes: CHECKPOINT PASSED: Smygehuk
Team is refuelling at Qstar, Beddingestrand and having food at Restaurang Smygehamn
Distance: 2511 km

Money: $2752.86
Fatigue: 53%

Team Getaway Plan / @BoostandEthanol
10AM-11AM
Notes: CHECKPOINTS PASSED: Vaggeryd
Team is refuelling at Preem Vaggeryd
Team is followed by the police for a while
Distance: 2308 km
11AM-Noon
Notes: Checkpoint passed: Laholm
Distance: 2441 km
Noon-1PM
Notes: CHECKPOINT PASSED: Smygehuk
Team is stopping for food at Restaurang Smygehamn
Distance: 2526 km

Fuel:36 litres
Money: $1428.66

9 Likes

just a little question
@Aaron.W

are you still in my car?

EDIT:
I am just gonna assume your team is still here since i haven´t dropped you off yet…

Team V6 Vandals

10:30 AM, approximately.

The raspy V6 suddenly roared as Amy pinned the loud-pedal to the firewall, seeing her opportunity. She swung out to pass, ducking out of the Hillbilly Rollers’ slipstream, the Swift’s aerodynamic - for the 80’s, at least - body slicing through the air as they charged up alongside. 3.9 liters of fury hammered away under the hood, fighting drag and air resistance as Jake and Cody rolled the rear windows down, before unleashing a barrage of fireworks at and around the Hillbilly Rollers’ car. Luke joined in, lighting the fuse of one of the Roman Candles and spraying popping, crackling balls of light in front of the windshield as they roared past.

With a final whistling, screaming bottle rocket zooming out the rear window, and a last deafening explosion, the Vandals completed their pass, their Sinistra Swift disappearing, slowly, into the distance.

12:15 PM

“Ooh, that’s a little unpleasant.” Amy said, feeling their mighty V6 surging and coughing, the check-engine light glowing as the dashboard lights flickered.

“Yeah, that doesn’t look good at all.” Jake replied, checking the laptop. “All of the sensors are reading funny. Everything’s reading low.”

“Bad ground.” Luke said. “Willing to bet that Lady Leadfoot driving over that pothole a mile back loosened up one of the chassis grounds, now we’ve got electrical problems.”

“Well, if it gets any worse, she’s going to die on us, so best we pull over now, fix it, and think about getting some food.” Amy said.

“There’s a Burger King.” Cody said, pointing. “We’ll stop in there, fix the car in the parking lot, then eat.”

They raced into the parking lot, parked up, and immediately set about checking the car for problems. Not finding anything related to the chassis grounds, Luke checked the harness, then said, “Well, it was a loose ground, but it’s the signal ground, not chassis ground. It fell out of the connector and was banging on the firewall.”

“Explains why it kept running. May not have been the zero-volts it wanted, but it was close enough to keep the electronics in range.” Jake said. He leaned in, then pushed the loose pin back into the harness, before applying a liberal application of duct-tape to hold everything in place… Maybe.

5 Likes

Team Mountain Pass

Previous Post

Day Two: 10AM - 1PM

After leaving the hotel, we pressed on into the sunny, but chill, Swedish morning. Pierre decided to engross himself in a word puzzle game on his tablet and I kept the pedal to the metal in search of all the speed I could scrounge from the diminutive Bogliq. It wasn’t enough. Despite our best efforts we were six hundred kilometres behind the front pack. Six hundred kilometres!!! We were a whole day’s driving behind the frontrunners… I was so depressed at our lack of pace that when we finished getting fuel we went to McDonalds for lunch.

This turned out to be a lot more fun than anticipated! They had unique choices on their menu I’d not seen before, like a McBagel and Maestro Legacy range and donuts!!! Pierre and I made sure that we sampled a little bit of everything on offer, including fresh cows milk… Sweden is indeed much more civilised than I could ever imagine!

Stats:
Distance travelled - 1419Km
Fuel used - 176 litres
Money remaining - $6,735.82
Fatigue level - 20%

4 Likes

TEAM HILLBILLY ROLLERS
DAY 2 10AM - 1PM

The (for the 80s) huge disc brakes of the Celestia locked up the front wheels with a screech, putting two black marks on the tarmac while the Swift was passing and disappearing into the horizon

ANDREAS: WHAT THE (curse word) DID THEY DO? THEY FIRED FIREWORKS AT OUR CAR!
JANNE, MARIE (at the same time): NOW THIS MEANS REVENGE!
ANDREAS: But how? They have already passed us?
JANNE: Like if an 80s Swift was some kind of sports car? I bet we will pass them again later on.
MARIE: Yeah, let’s just take it easy by now and give the bastards a piece of mind when we see them next time!

(Meanwhile from the speakers)

Some hours later:

ANDREAS: HAHAHAHA, look who is standing outside the Burger King!
JANNE: HEHEHEHEHE, THIS MEANS WAR!

(The Celestia is sneaking in behind the now empty Swift)
ANDREAS: Hehehe, how about this, first we put a banana in the tail pipe…
MARIE: Yes, and then we put a whole bunch of old Wunderbaum* air freshners hidden in the air intake…what do you think…is twenty of them enough?
* Little trees for you americans
JANNE: Hahahaha, and don’t forget to put some gravel behind the hub caps…
MARIE: And last but not least, how about a huge (male genitalia) in the back window drawn with some shaving cream?
PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSCHHHHHHT!
MARIE: HAHAHAH, THAT WILL TEACH THEM!

With smoking tyres the IP left the Burger king parking lot.
To be continued…
(@Madrias)

5 Likes

Team New Life

“Seriously, we need to stop going to these pizza places,” Kyle grumbled. “I mean, tuna and mussels?”

Fuzz made a gagging noise, which elicited a dirty stare from restaurant staff.

“Indiana pizza. With… does this say curry?” Hank asked, shocked. “Indiana? Curry? Indiana’s about the blandest state out there. They wouldn’t know curry if it slapped them in the face.”

“Maybe they mean India,” Kyle interjected.

“That would make more sense. But it says Indiana here.”

“You know what, let’s just play it safe,” Fuzz said. “Calzones. Ham and cheese. Nothing that will kill us.”

The cousins nodded in agreement.

“Yeah. And definitely no pizza next time,” Hank added.

“Well, what kind should we do next?”

He shrugged. “Something local. Not Swedes trying to do Italian or American or what have you.”

Fuzz shuddered. “I don’t like the sound of that.”

“It can’t be any worse than mussel-and-shrimp pizza, can it?”

@Knugcab

Question, and I don’t know if we can go back and retroactively change this BUT… Hank is not the type just to replace the balding spare and not deal with the original tire that failed. He likely would have replaced both, put them on, and taken the now-extra tire and made it into a spare. Possible?

(And yes, they will try to, for their next meal stop, find some actual Swedish food, possibly of the seafood variety)

3 Likes