The Automation Community Rim Pack Thread [PATRONS WANTED]

UPDATE!: We’re considering starting a crowd-funder on patreon, more information can be found in THIS POST.

If you want to post suggestions, visit our Automation Community Rim Pack Suggestion Thread

output_rcPuiw

A wheel pack made for, paid for, and created by the Automation Player Community.

What is it?

The Automation Community Rim Pack is a project to help fund creators of custom content, It is a collection of various wheels that are commissioned by members of the automation community, the designs have been hand-picked from existing OEM and aftermarket designs. They are then put into a monthly survey, and the most popular selections will then be created for in-game use.

What can I do to help out?

Because it is a community project, there are several things you can do to help.

Vote & Share
If you are only interested in helping to pick the wheels for the next iteration of the Community Rim Pack, this is your option, every month a survey will be posted containing a selection of wheels picked by the commissioners based on personal preference and community input.

All you will have to do is fill out the survey with your favorite wheel choices, at the end of the survey, the most popular ones will be picked for the pack. Be sure to share it with your friends that play automation so that we can better estimate the kinds of wheels that the community would like to see in the future.

Discover
While the internet provides us with more information than we would ever need, it, unfortunately, does not always have the reference material we need, whether it be a language barrier in google search, or simply the rarity of the wheels themselves. Sometimes we can not pick a certain wheel because it lacks image material. This is where the Discoverer comes into play…

If you are able to make or find photographs of wheels that we are looking for, or simply stumble upon a cool and interesting design that you want to share, this is also the place to do so. High-resolution photographs, preferably from a straight front perspective and where the design itself is larger than 750x750 is preferred.

Fund
Getting funding is probably the biggest hurdle next to finding a content creator, we currently have three people funding this project. Allowing us to release a single pack every month. But we can always use more help.

Our first goal is to get costs per person per wheel down. Once that becomes low enough, we can start thinking about expanding the packs with a wider selection of wheels, direct community suggestions, special themed packs or perhaps an increased release frequency and not unimportant, be able to provide the creator(s) with better payment for their service(s).

If you are able to help with the funding/commissioning of the community rim packs, please contact me (Quotex) on discord, everyone who helps will be able to add their own suggestions into the final selection list for the survey.

Create
Right now, we have one workshop member creating the wheels and putting them in the game for us to use. Which is fine, but if we plan to increase the size or frequency of community rim packs, we may need (your) help.

If you have modeling skills, or if you are perhaps skilled in the image editing department (for helping with reference material, picture cleanup, blueprint creation) let me know.

TL;DR So where is the Survey and how does it work?

The Community Rim Pack survey will be posted here, we have already finished voting for this month (august) so the current survey is for September.

Each survey contains several wheels, your job is select X amount of each category (currently sports/aftermarket, budget and off-road) and write the numbers down in the fields, that’s it.

After the survey ends, the vote counts will be finalized and the final 16 wheels will be selected for the community rim pack of that month. The ones that don’t make the cut will be recycled in the next survey, and the empty spots will be replaced by new wheels based on the commissioners personal preferences and community input.

Links

July 2019 (Pack #1)
DOWNLOAD

See Contents:

afbeelding

August 2019 (Pack #2)
NOW AVAILABLE!

See Contents:

Drift’s Mod Pack (Contains extra wheels)
DOWNLOAD

See Contents:

September 2019 (Pack #3)
[COMING SOON]

October 2019 (Pack #4)
[SURVEY CLOSED]

November 2019 (Pack #5)
[SURVEY CLOSED]

• Results coming soon.

Anything Else?

If all goes well, we might be able to expand beyond just rims, I hope that once we get enough creators, discoverers and commissioners, we might be able to expand into fixtures, bodies and perhaps more. But that’s for another time.

I should also mention that this wouldn’t be possible without Venoms (aka send nudes) excellent modeling skills.

11 Likes

PROGRESS UPDATE

Thank you for all the votes we’ve received on the Survey for September so far, I’m going to leave the poll open until either the august pack is finished or if nobody else votes within the next 24 hours of the last vote. Aside from all the votes we’ve gathered, we might also be getting a third backer that’s willing to help fund future community rim packs.

POLL STANDINGS
66 People have voted (so far) in this months survey, and the standings are as follows:

Top-4 Votes for the Sport/Aftermarket category (percent of voters):

1. #11 BBS “Turbofan” - 27 votes (40.9%)
  2. #05 Centra Type 6 - 26 votes (39.3%)
  3. #13 BMW i8 Alloy Wheels - 25 votes (37.8%)
  4. #07 BBS CF012 - 24 votes (36.3%)
    Runner-up: #05 Ferrari 348 Alloy Wheels - 23 votes (34.8%)

Top-4 Votes for the Budget category (percent of voters):

1. #09 Nissan N12 Pulsar Hubcaps - 27 votes (40.9%)
  2. #11 Nissan NX Coupe Hubcaps - 26 votes (39.3%)
  3. #08 Yue Loong Feeling Hubcaps - 23 votes (34.8%)
  4. #02 Toyota Aygo Hubcaps - 22 votes (33.3%)
    Runner-up: #01 Volkswagen Classic Wheels - 21 votes (31.8%)

Top vote for the Off-road Category (percent of voters):

1. #09 Toyota Hilux Steel Wheels - 17 votes (25.7%)
    Runner-up: #03 Isuzu Rodeo Steel Wheels - 16 (24.2%)

SNEAK PEEK
I would also like to share with you the first progress picture for the August Edition of the Community Rim Pack, as Venom has started work on the selection of wheels that were picked during the last survey:

This concludes the progress update :smiley:

9 Likes

PROGRESS UPDATE

We’re up to 71 votes now, and progress for the August Community Rim Pack is well underway, almost half of the wheels for this edition have been modelled. The last vote was done early today, if nobody else votes the poll will be closed in 18 1/2 hours.

POLL STANDINGS
71 People have voted (so far) in this months survey, and the standings are as follows:

1. #11 BBS “Turbofan” - 29 votes (40.8%)
  2. #05 Centra Type 6 - 29 votes (40.8%)
  3. #13 BMW i8 Alloy Wheels - 28 votes (39.4%)
  4. #07 BBS CF012 - 26 votes (36.6%)
    Runner-up: #08 Ferrari 348 Alloy Wheels - 24 votes (33.8%)

1. #09 Nissan N12 Pulsar Hubcaps - 31 votes (43.7%)
  2. #11 Nissan NX Coupe Hubcaps - 28 votes (39.4%)
  3. #08 Yue Loong Feeling Hubcaps - 26 votes (32.4%)
  4. #02 Toyota Aygo Hubcaps - 24 votes (33.8%)
    Runner-up: #01 Volkswagen Classic Wheels - 23 votes (32.4%)

Top vote for the Off-road Category (percent of voters):

1. #09 Toyota Hilux Steel Wheels - 18 votes (25.4%)
    Runner-up: #03 Isuzu Rodeo Steel Wheels - 16 (22.5%)

SNEAK PEEK
As we’re halfway through the August Wheel Pack now, I would like to share some more preview pictures of the Progress Venom has made on the rims and hubcaps:

5-Spoke Rim, Looks a bit trippy, because the spokes are slightly angled to one end, which is part of the original design.

7-Spoke Hubcap

10-Spoke Rim

T E C H N O L O G Y
Thanks to help from the community, I’ve come to learn about online webtools that can enlarge pictures with little-to-no loss in quality, this will be very useful for gathering future reference material, I’d like to show you just how effective it is:

If you want to try it for yourself, you can find it HERE

5 Likes

PROGRESS UPDATE

Just a small update, for now, we’ve got 2 more votes that have been entered, the last one was added roughly 11 hours ago, so there’s another 12 to go if no new votes get added.

POLL STANDINGS
73 People have voted (so far) in this months survey, and the standings are as follows:

:arrow_up: 1. #05 Centra Type 6 - 31 votes (42.5%)
:arrow_down: 2. #11 BBS “Turbofan” - 30 votes (41.1%)
3. #13 BMW i8 Alloy Wheels - 29 votes (39.7%)
4. #07 BBS CF012 - 26 votes (35.6%)
Runner-up: #08 Ferrari 348 Alloy Wheels - 25 votes (34.2%)

1. #09 Nissan N12 Pulsar Hubcaps - 31 votes (42.5%)
  2. #11 Nissan NX Coupe Hubcaps - 29 votes (39.7%)
  3. #08 Yue Loong Feeling Hubcaps - 27 votes (37.0%)
  4. #02 Toyota Aygo Hubcaps - 26 votes (35.6%)
    Runner-up: #01 Volkswagen Classic Wheels - 23 votes (31.5%)

Top-voted for the Off-road Category (percent of voters):

1. #09 Toyota Hilux Steel Wheels - 18 votes (24.7%)
    Runner-up: #03 Isuzu Rodeo Steel Wheels - 16 (21.9%)

SNEAK PEEK
Another hubcap design for the August Community Wheel Pack has been finished by Venom today, here’s a preview for it:

There are 5 designs left in this pack, we’re aiming for a release at the end of this month.

4 Likes

PROGRESS UPDATE

All 10 wheels for the have been modeled! all that’s left now is to get them in-game, all modeling work is now done, I will end the poll 1 hour from when this post goes up. If you haven’t put in your vote yet, be sure to do so as I won’t be extending the September survey any further.

POLL STANDINGS
74 People have voted (so far) in this months survey, and the standings are as follows:

1. #05 Centra Type 6 - 31 votes (41.8%)
  2. #11 BBS “Turbofan” - 30 votes (40.5%)
  3. #13 BMW i8 Alloy Wheels - 30 votes (40.5%)
  4. #07 BBS CF012 - 27 votes (36.5%)
    Runner-up: #08 Ferrari 348 Alloy Wheels - 25 votes (34.2%)

1. #09 Nissan N12 Pulsar Hubcaps - 31 votes (41.9%)
  2. #11 Nissan NX Coupe Hubcaps - 29 votes (39.2%)
  3. #08 Yue Loong Feeling Hubcaps - 27 votes (36.5%)
  4. #02 Toyota Aygo Hubcaps - 26 votes (35.1%)
    Runner-up: #01 Volkswagen Classic Wheels - 23 votes (31.0%)

1. #09 Toyota Hilux Steel Wheels - 18 votes (24.3%)
    Runner-up: #03 Isuzu Rodeo Steel Wheels - 16 (21.6%)

SNEAK PEEK
Venom managed to finish the remainder of the wheel to the pack today, incredible pace! Here are a few pictures showing off the rest of the designs:
Rally-Style Multispoke rims

Elegant hubcaps

Sporty 10-spoke rims

Not-so-elegant Center Caps with stylized steel wheels, a personal request by myself

Rugged 5-lug, 6-spoke off-road steel wheels

This concludes the progress update, the pack will be arriving soon :smiley:

4 Likes

Count the lugs on the last one, just saying.:wink:

All of these wheels look nice - and deserve to be included as soon as possible.

Sneak peek! Peek! Not peak! A g h

1 Like

PROGRESS UPDATE

The August edition of the Community rim pack has been released, you can find it HERE, The survey for September ended a few days ago I’ve gone over the results and will post them below.

SEPTEMBER SURVEY RESULTS
In total, 75 people have voted on the September community rim pack survey, the results will be ordered by number of votes, for the Sports/After Market and Budget category, the 4 most voted wheels will be featured in the September community rim pack, for the off-road category only the top voted wheel will.

1. #05 Centra Type 6 - 32 votes (42.7%)
  2. #11 BBS “Turbofan” - 31 votes (41.3%)
  3. #13 BMW i8 Alloy Wheels - 30 votes (40.0%)
  4. #07 BBS CF012 - 27 votes (36.0%)

1. #09 Nissan N12 Pulsar Hubcaps - 32 votes (42.6%)
  2. #11 Nissan NX Coupe Hubcaps - 29 votes (38.7%)
  3. #08 Yue Loong Feeling Hubcaps - 28 votes (37.3%)
  4. #02 Toyota Aygo Hubcaps - 27 votes (36.0%)

1. #09 Toyota Hilux Steel Wheels - 19 votes (25.3%)

NEW FUNDER
After some talk, we a third backer that will be helping us with funding of these commission packs. @ProfessorP3PP3R has agreed to help us out with future packs, as well as providing us with a “classic” category.

SURVEY CHANGES
We will be responding to the community feedback asking for more modern (2000s and onward) and classic (Pre-1980s) wheels by diversifying our selection further. The total wheel count per category has been increased to 20 and the new additions are mostly to satisfy this demand.

Other new changes include:

• 2 New Categories: “Premium/Luxury” (Prestigious Luxury-oriented Wheels from 1970 or newer) & “Classic” (the 1970s and older) with most of the wheels in these categories for next month supplied by P3PPER.
  • Instead of picking 4 wheels per category, you can now only pick 3, but with the 2 new categories the total wheel count has upgraded to 16 (3 for all categories except off-road + 3 Personal commissions supplied by Backers)
  • Each survey will now contain a question at the end that will ask you for which specific era and region you would like to see more wheels. Based on the votes for this and the votes in the wheel suggestion thread, we will adjust our selection.
  • We now have a topic where you can suggest new wheels, you can find it HERE

This concludes the progress update, the October survey will be uploaded sometime next week, and work on the September pack will commence next month :smiley:

10 Likes

Nice, glad the Hilux wheels won offroad

THE SURVEY FOR THE OCTOBER RIM PACK IS LIVE, CHECK IT HERE

Please remember to read the questions carefully and may the best wheel win :wink:

4 Likes

PROGRESS UPDATE

3 New wheels, A 8-lug Truck wheel, and 2 variants of a VW Golf II steel wheel, part of a separate commission done by backer Drift. You can find them, and many other useful fixtures in Drift’s Mod Pack

With the September Survey now up and running, we’ve started gathering votes for the October edition of the community wheel pack, we’ve received 33 votes in roughly 2 hours time, hopefully, this will increase to the levels we’ve had for previous polls.

As before, the survey ends when either the September pack is finished, or when no new votes have been received for 24 hours.

SURVEY STANDINGS
33 People have voted (so far) in this months survey, and the standings are as follows:

Top-3 Votes for the Sport/Aftermarket category (percent of voters):

1. #18 Ford Fiesta ST Rims - 20 votes (39.4%)
  2. #18 Audi Type A9 Prologue RS “Rotor” Rims - 20 votes (39.4%)
  3. #03 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am “Snowflake” Rims - 10 votes (31.25%)
    Runner-up: #07 Nissan Silvia K’s Hubcaps - 7 votes (21.9%)

Top-3 Votes for the Budget/Standard category (percent of voters):

1. #18 Renault “Sphynx” Hubcaps - 14 votes (42.7%)
  2. #02 Peugeot 108 “Thorren” Rims - 12 votes (37.5%)
  3. #13 Toyota Corolla Hubcaps - 10 votes (31.4%)
    Runner-up: #03 Toyota Corolla Hubcaps - 8 votes (25.0%)

Top-3 Votes for the Premium/Luxury Category (percent of voters):

1. #15 Lincoln Continental “Black Label” Rims - 11 votes (33.3%)
  2. #17 Kahn Design Split-6 - 10 votes (30.3%)
  3. #20 2018-2019 Lexus LS500 Rims - 9 votes (27.3%)
    Runner-up: #03 Mercury Grand Marquis Hubcaps - 7 votes (21.2%)

TIED #14 Ford F-150 Rims - 6 votes (18.2%)
TIED #18 Nissan Qashqai Tekna Rims - 6 votes (18.2%)
Runner-up: #01 GM HMMWV 24-Bolt Steel Wheels - 7 votes (9.1%)

Top-3 Votes for the Classic (percent of voters):

1. #19 1959 Oldsmobile Super 88 “Flipper” Hubcaps - 11 votes (33.3%)
  2. #17 Mercury Cougar Hubcaps - 10 votes (30.3%)
  3. #20 Ford GT40 Rims - 10 votes (30.3%)
    Runner-up: #08 1967 Chrysler 300 Hubcaps - 9 votes (27.3%)

THE OTHER QUESTIONS

The other questions in the survey will be reviewed by the backers after the survey has ended, for now, I can say that the demand for 2010s European OEM wheels is big, and that’s likely what we’ll be replacing the picked wheels with when the survey ends.

SEPTEMBER PACK RELEASE DATE

The release for the 3rd community rim pack will be some time around the 23rd of September, but this may change. Right now Venom has a lot of other commissions going and we’ve only had a few days since the release of the second pack.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure we already have wheels in the game that are the GT40 wheels

EDIT:

Yeah, these are basically identical to the GT40 wheels. I’d void them tbh, there’s no point having 2 boderline the same wheels

and 6 is more than 7 :thinking:

6 Likes

You are correct, We learned about the existence of those shortly after those results were announced. So to all who voted for no. the #14 wheel, I have good news and bad news:

The Bad, Your votes will be void :frowning:

The Good, The wheel is already in-game :smiley: It even has the same configurable color set.

As for those numbers, there’s some human error involved there, while posting, I usually end up copying the previous post for convenience, so sometimes something will slip past the radar. I’ll be sure to be extra thorough for the next post and survey.

PROGRESS UPDATE

There’s not a whole lot to report at the moment, so I’ll just get right onto the survey standings.

SURVEY STANDINGS
58 People have voted (so far) in this months survey, and the standings are as follows:

1. #18 Ford Fiesta ST Rims - 24 votes (41.4%)
    TIED #03 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am “Snowflake” Rims - 20 votes (34.5%)
    TIED #18 Audi Type A9 Prologue RS “Rotor” Rims - 20 votes (34.5%)
    :arrow_up: Runner-up: #05 Mazda 2 GT Rims - 12 votes (20.7%)

:arrow_up: 1. #02 Peugeot 108 “Thorren” Rims - 24 votes (41.4%)
:arrow_down: 2. #18 Renault “Sphynx” Hubcaps - 20 votes (34.5%)
3. #13 Toyota Corolla Hubcaps - 18 votes (31.0%)
:arrow_up: Runner-up: #16 Opel Kadett E Steel Wheels w/ Center Cap - 12 votes (20.7%)

1. #15 Lincoln Continental “Black Label” Rims - 21 votes (36.2%)
  2. #17 Kahn Design Split-6 - 18 votes (31.0%)
  3. #20 2018-2019 Lexus LS500 Rims - 17 votes (29.3%)
    :arrow_up: Runner-up: #11 76-78 Eldorado Hubcaps - 12 votes (20.7%)

:arrow_up: 1. #18 Nissan Qashqai Tekna Rims - 12 votes (20.7%)
:arrow_down: Runner-up: #14 Ford F-150 Rims - 7 votes (12.1%)

Top-3 Votes for the Classic Category (percent of voters):
#20 Ford GT40 Rims - 18 votes (31.03%) (already ingame :sweat_smile: )
:arrow_up: 1. #17 Mercury Cougar Hubcaps - 17 votes (29.3%)
:arrow_down: 2. #14 1959 Oldsmobile Super 88 “Flipper” Hubcaps - 16 votes (27.6%)
:arrow_up: 3. #20 Alfa Romeo “Momo Vega” Rims - 15 votes (25.9%)
Runner-up: #08 1967 Chrysler 300 Hubcaps - 13 votes (22.4%)

9 Likes

PROGRESS UPDATE

The last vote for the survey was made Monday at 6:00 AM GMT+1, which means if no new votes are added in the next 10 hours, the survey will be closed, Here are the updated standings:

SURVEY STANDINGS
63 People have voted (so far) in this months survey, and the standings are as follows:

1. #20 Ford Fiesta ST Rims - 26 votes (41.3%)
    :arrow_up: 2. #18 Audi Type A9 Prologue RS “Rotor” Rims - 22 votes (34.9%)
    :arrow_down: 3. #03 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am “Snowflake” Rims - 20 votes (31.8%)
    Runner-up: #05 Mazda 2 GT Rims - 13 votes (20.6%)

1. #02 Peugeot 108 “Thorren” Rims - 26 votes (41.3%)
    :arrow_up: 2. #13 Toyota Corolla Hubcaps - 21 votes (33.3%)
    :arrow_down: 3. #18 Renault “Sphynx” Hubcaps - 20 votes (31.8%)
    Runner-up: #16 Opel Kadett E Steel Wheels w/ Center Cap - 12 votes (19.1%)

1. #15 Lincoln Continental “Black Label” Rims - 22 votes (34.9%)
  2. #17 Kahn Design Split-6 - 20 votes (31.8%)
  3. #20 2018-2019 Lexus LS500 Rims - 19 votes (30.2%)
    Runner-up: #11 76-78 Eldorado Hubcaps - 13 votes (20.6%)

1. #18 Nissan Qashqai Tekna Rims - 14 votes (22.2%)
    Runner-up: #14 Ford F-150 Rims - 7 votes (11.1%)

:arrow_up: TIED #3 Alfa Romeo “Momo Vega” Rims - 17 votes (27.0%)
:arrow_down: TIED #5 Mercury Cougar Hubcaps - 17 votes (27.0%)
TIED #19 1959 Oldsmobile Super 88 “Flipper” Hubcaps - 17 votes (27.0%)
Runner-up: #08 1967 Chrysler 300 Hubcaps - 13 votes (20.6%)

5 Likes

What file format does the 3D model need to be in? Also roughly how many polygons do you commit in a wheel, or is mostly alpha textures? Do you need a normal, or a bump?

Making rims could be fun, and I’m trying to use the degree I paid for. These would be some customs of mine, or I may be able to help the project if you are interested.

https://automation.gamepedia.com/Rim_Mods

The wiki has 3DS Max instructions, the video Blender instructions. The wiki is still needed for a lot of the specifications and the UE4 side of things.

2 Likes

Thanks for showing interest in our project, at the moment though, we’re still able to handle the creating of content with just a single concent creator. We’d love to see what kind of custom wheels you’ll be making though, and hope to see them on the workshop in the future :smiley:

THE OCTOBER COMMUNITY RIM PACK SURVEY IS NOW CLOSED

PROGRESS UPDATE
Since there were no new votes for 24 hours, the survey link has been closed and the results have been gathered.

OCTOBER SURVEY RESULTS
In total, 65 people have voted on the October community rim pack survey, the results will be ordered by number of votes, for the Sports/After Market, Budget/Standard, Premium/Luxury and Classic category, the 3 most voted wheels will be featured in the September community rim pack, for the off-road category only the top voted wheel will.

1. #20 Ford Fiesta ST Rims - 26 votes (40.0%)
  2. #18 Audi Type A9 Prologue RS “Rotor” Rims - 23 votes (35.4%)
  3. #03 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am “Snowflake” Rims - 21 votes (32.3%)

1. #02 Peugeot 108 “Thorren” Rims - 26 votes (40.0%)
  2. #13 Toyota Corolla Hubcaps - 22 votes (33.9%)
  3. #18 Renault “Sphynx” Hubcaps - 20 votes (30.8%)

1. #15 Lincoln Continental “Black Label” Rims - 22 votes (33.9%)
  2. #17 Kahn Design Split-6 - 20 votes (30.8%)
  3. #20 2018-2019 Lexus LS500 Rims - 19 votes (29.2%)

1. #18 Nissan Qashqai Tekna Rims - 14 votes (21.5%)

TIED #5 Mercury Cougar Hubcaps - 18 votes (27.7%)
TIED #3 Alfa Romeo “Momo Vega” Rims - 18 votes (27.7%)
3. #19 1959 Oldsmobile Super 88 “Flipper” Hubcaps - 17 votes (26.2%)

THE OTHER QUESTIONS

During this months survey, you got the opportunity to vote on what you’d like to see more of in future community rim pack rounds. These results, along with the optional feedback question will be handled later this week in a different post.

THE NEXT SURVEY

Since I was anticipating for this survey to run a little longer, It will be a while before the next one goes up. It will probably go live halfway through October.

7 Likes

PROGRESS UPDATE
Work has been started on the September Community Rim Pack, the first wheels have been completed, and we’re currently working on compiling a list of wheels that will be featured in the next survey as well. First things first, I want to get over the additional poll answers that were given in the October survey:

ADDITIONAL POLL RESULTS (FROM THE OCTOBER SURVEY)
In the previous survey, you had the option to vote on what kind of content will be in the future surveys. I’d like to dedicate this post to the results of these questions:

Q: What era would you like to see more of?
afbeelding
Conclusion: The majority has voted for more modern wheels, as well as the 70s being a favorite classic era.

A: We understand that people want to see more modern wheels, and the next pack (October) is almost entirely made up of modern wheels to meet this demand. To keep things fair, we will not have the most-voted for option in the next survey, but it will return in the round after that. We have added 2 new 10s options, and a new 00s and 70s option in each of the survey categories (excluding classic) to further meet the demand.

Q: And which region?
afbeelding
Conclusion: European manufacturers are a community favorite by a reasonable margin.

A: We’re going to look into getting more European steel wheel/hubcap/rim selections, we’ll be picking popular suggestions from the suggestion thread with these regions in mind and when we look for more additions ourselves these regions will be looked into first. For the November survey, we’ve added wheels from Alfa Romeo, Audi and Citroën.

Q: And do you prefer aftermarket or original equipment wheels?
afbeelding
Conclusion: OEM-style wheels are preferred by the majority of the community.

A: We will be adding mainly OEM wheels to our future surveys, but a small portion of it will remain aftermarket that would double as potential OEM-style wheels. Expect more Clockwise (CWS) branded wheels as well as well as possible additional aftermarket brands. :wink:

We’re almost done with putting the selection of wheels together, we’ve already picked a few of the most-liked suggestions in the suggestion thread. So don’t forget to vote for them when the next survey goes live.

COMMUNITY FEEDBACK

Along with the 3 choice-based questions listed above, I also added a text field in which you could write feedback, suggestions and commentary, 23 people have responded and I’ll go over all the responses (yes, all 23) below:

View feedback and responses

#BringBackTextfieldsYou[CENSORED]
8/24/2019 10:17 PM

A: No, the tickbox questions are going to be the new format from now on. It is a lot easier to count votes as most of it is done automatically.

Hello :smiley:
8/24/2019 10:19 PM

A: Hello :wink:

Tell Boost if a 3-spoke wheel wins! Yours truly, Keikyuwun
8/24/2019 10:20 PM

A: As requested by @Keikyun, @BoostandEthanol the next wheel pack will have Peugeot Tri-spokes :stuck_out_tongue:

Add Superchargers
8/24/2019 10:23 PM

A: While I’d love to do this for you, this unfortunately is a community project. None of us are gamedevs, so we can’t add this for you, however, I can assure you the devs are hard at work on bringing us these magical go-fast contraptions.

Drift was here :stuck_out_tongue:
8/24/2019 10:27 PM

A: Hello Drift o/

ok i voted u happy
8/24/2019 10:28 PM

A: Very.

Please just remove the wheels which haven’t gotten attention from the start and choose more from the forums.
8/24/2019 10:42 PM

A: Almost all of the new wheels for the next survey are picked from the suggestion thread, and a few old selections are being removed, because I’ve comissioned them as extra additions to the september wheel pack. With our current system, you can expect 3 new wheels for each category (except off-road) every month. We hope to Increase this as we get more financial backers for the project.

Could use some thick-spoke wheels for plain 2000’s sedans.
8/24/2019 10:51 PM

A: Some have been added to the survey, be sure to vote on them if you want them, or if you don’t like the current selection, drop new suggestions in the suggestion thread

MAEK MORE 40S RIMS
8/24/2019 10:53 PM

A: Yes, but it would be even better if you put some in the suggestion thread, so that we know what kind of “40s rims” you want.

thanks for your contribution
8/24/2019 10:58 PM

A: Thank you for the positive feedback :smiley:

Please check for rims that are already available as a mod, like | Classic | Number 13 and | Off-road | Number 12.
8/24/2019 11:39 PM

A: The wheels in question (image), while similar to stuff that’s been added, they are different enough to be considered as new additions. It probably doesn’t help that all wheels in the survey are shown roughly at the same size, for example, a design that’s originally 15 inches will look very different when scaled to 20 inches than a wheel design that is originally 20 inches.

Not related to rims, but make engine sounds more diverse depending on the components
8/25/2019 12:08 AM

A: Again, something we can’t do :sweat_smile:

Great community initiative to add more game content, well done!
8/25/2019 12:35 AM

A: Thank you, we aim to please and add more content to this great design tool for fictional vehicles :smiley:

R32 GTR rims
8/25/2019 4:09 AM

A: Check the top post for a link to our suggestion thread :wink:

More modern stuff.
8/25/2019 4:09 AM

A: It’s being worked on as I’m writing this.

Stay awesome my dude
8/25/2019 4:48 AM

A: Likewise :sunglasses:

I can’t believe i’m saying this, but more modern super car stuff plx
8/25/2019 6:50 AM

A: More modern super car stuff is being added in future surveys, we’ve added Audi R8 wheels in the next one, and hope to find more reference material so that we can have more options in the future, if you want to see anything in specific, be sure to post it into our suggestion thread.

Some of the rims/hubcaps showed here might be seen as too close to those already featured in Automation
8/25/2019 6:58 AM

A: We’ll be extra careful in checking new additions to the survey, but mistakes can still happen, if you think something is similar to what’s already ingame, simply don’t vote on it, and leave a comment in the discord or in this thread and we’ll look into it.

Keep up the good work!
8/25/2019 10:39 AM

A: Thank you :smiley:

citroen rims
8/25/2019 2:13 PM

A: They exist, and we’ve also added a few french options in our next survey :wink:

Awesome! :wink:
8/25/2019 2:28 PM

A: You’re awesome as well :sunglasses:

Some continental tire kit fixtures using any 40s or 50s rim designs would be really cool.
8/25/2019 4:38 PM

A: I’m not sure how we’ll do this, we’d need access to the current tire textures to make the wheels look good, but it’s something we could look into if we decide to expand into Fixture packs :eyes:

Hope you eliminate rims that look too similar to previous winners so the packs can have variety. Thank you, appreciate all you have done for the automation community.
8/27/2019 3:38 AM

A: As I’ve already to an earlier comment, there will be a small new selection of wheels each survey, and some stuff that isn’t voted on by the community may end up getting added to the packs by one of the commissioners. The more financial backers we’re able to get, the easier it will be for us to cover costs of the wheels so that more wheels can be picked per pack, allowing for more new wheels every round.
And thank you for your feedback, it is appreciated :smiley:

SNEAK PEEK

No Progress update would be complete without a preview of what’s to come, so here’s a few pictures of new wheels that will be featured in the September edition of the Community Rim Pack:
Modern 5-spokes (Shown with the secondary color active, will come with a CWS and a blank center cap)

Clockwise Turbofans, perfect for your 80s Group C race cars.

French enjoliveurs d’aérodynamique with faux lugs :sunglasses:

German aftermarket rims that would look at home on a swedish aeroplane

RELEASE DATE CHANGES
There will be a slight delay in the release of this rim pack (Due to a certain massive 16-variant body mod) but we’re still aiming for a September release date, this will be the biggest rim pack yet.

The new poll for the November edition of the Community Rim Pack is currently in the works, and will be released on the 1st of October.

14 Likes

Airplane?
:eyes:

Anyway, this is awesome. I’m so glad you’ve taken the responsibility of doing all this for the community, you’ve done a lot recently and im really happy that you did that. Can’t wait for some modern things :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like