The Automation Compact Car Championship | Race 4, Sepang International Circuit + Final results!

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy a podium \o/ :tada:

That went way better than expected for the Armada Driver Development team. Possibly too good, hopefully it wonā€™t all go to Erikaā€™s head. But a good battle and close finish from 2nd through 5th should serve as a reminder that professional racing is competitive.

Weā€™ll revise our goals for the next race to be a top 5 finish, in that case, and see how it holds up.

4 Likes

Certainly the series has started with a bang, but will it remain as intense as it is right now for the remaining three races? I hope it doesā€¦

How the heck is the lead car 4+ seconds faster than everyone else??

1 Like

Great first race! Though i need to work out why I called my driver ā€œBridnleyā€ and not ā€œBrindleyā€ā€¦

I thought I sent you a fileā€¦

Just outside the top ten! :star_struck: A PB for sure!!! :sunglasses:

Use of an uncommon body, itā€™s light, has a short wheelbase and narrow track, and a good aero profile. My hatch is a bit of a brick compared to it and thatā€™s not even counting the other entriesā€¦

How do you know? @Ornate didnā€™t post the car on this thread.

We discussed it on Discord, after submissions closed. Iā€™ve also used the body before and found unusual properties but also its maximal potential is limited by its dimensions. It may also have weird suspension roll issues so I rarely use it myself.

Iā€™ll test a retrospective build and see what I come up with.

I didnā€™t realize the discord was open again, Iā€™ll rejoin.

Yey, podium finish :slight_smile:

Eric delivered as usual, but after a tough battle with young Erika from the Armada team. I predict sheā€™ll become a fearsome driver in the not so far away future. Gratz to Alfonso and Ornate for an awesome race.

Now, off to prepare for next raceā€¦

Sounds like a pretty competition breaking body. My car ended up having the fastest raw time other than that car and I can tell you that there isnā€™t much I can do to make it any faster. Never mind a whole four seconds faster

roll with it. sometimes a car is just OP within the rules.

strop and I once had a car outlawed from a competition for being ā€œOP within the rulesā€

Hmmā€¦ I have the slowest car on the track in raw time, but the least number of mistakes, and the lowest mistake magnitude. How undrivable are your cars!? I mean, theyā€™re seriously quick, but I wasnā€™t expecting that.

I believe the drivability on mine is just a touch under 50

57.7 here, so Iā€™m not entirely sure, then, how my car managed to escape getting whacked with the accident stick.

Wait, I DIDNā€™T end up dead last in that round?

AND I got points?

ā€¦ My god, what is the world coming to?

Maybe youā€™re better than you think? :smiley:

History says otherwise. :smiley: