The Automation Endurance Challenge II [RACE 1 Results]

1450 kg for the GT-PRO is very heavy. Especially when I look at real LM-GTE with 1245 kg.

GT-AM at $25k…is that “Total cost” or retail?

That is the total cost in the “Overview” tab.

I don’t think that will be a problem! :slight_smile:

Still haven’t had my question answered on why limit downforce numbers?

I wanted this race series to be for cheaper cars, and not high budget GTE cars that you would for example see in 24 hours of Le Mans. That means slower cars, and with high downforce you could have a really good handling car that is very fast through the corners. If you look at real race series, I believe restrictions on downforce isn’t uncommon, as it is for example used to slow down the cars (they can’t take the corners at such a high speed with less downforce) so if they crash they will be driving slower and therefore not take a huge impact. It might not be necessary to limit it, but I used the rules and restrictions from the first Automation Endurance Challenge as a guideline for this race series.

Well I like the 1450kg rule ad the minimum down force allows for more touring car spec race cars I am struggling with the 25% eco rule for a gtam car but i have only had automation for two weeks and I am still learning

Efficiency is no challenge for the engineers at Adenine and Inline Designs… we think we’ve got a good chance at this :smiley:

Here are the Bogliq Automotive contenders…

Fully prepped by Leeroy Racing for 24hr eco racing, Bogliq Automotive have entered both the GT-AM and GT-PRO classes with their iconic Kitten and Bastion models.

GT-AM Bogliq Kitten GT200

GT-PRO Bogliq Bastion GT350

Looking forward to the competition and best of luck to all who join me in this most auspicious of ventures!

Buy better, buy Bogliq

A.N.Z entries

2 Likes

well it’s still in the average capacity, though the higher end ones.
let’s just say i still got 52:48 weight distribution even with an iron engine.

@HighOctaneLove you got some spare efficiency there. sure you don’t want to spend it on either more overall power or lighter engines?

Nah, I like the cars where they’re at; they’re nicely efficient and I’m too close to various weight and material limits to go chasing after more power! :relieved:

I’m banking on reliability and good fuel economy rather than speed to give me a shot at the podium :sunglasses:

i may or may not enter this for gt-pro

the thing is. its performance is actually rather okay-ish. only a couple of seconds faster than my GT-AM

####CAN’T … BE … TEMPTED!!!

2 Likes

Here are Adenine’s entries into the Endurance Challenge:

Based on the successful Adenine Mist road car, Adenine and Inline Designs have teamed up to create a pair of endurance racers with superb efficiency and reliability in mind. The AM is directly based upon the Mist using the same body and engine dimensions, however the materials have been changed to comply with the weight requirement. Inline Designs worked their magic with the 1.9L I4 turbo, achieving 200hp with an amazing 36.5% efficiency.
For the PRO, the Mist’s small size didn’t quite cut it, so Adenine engineers scaled up the body and Inline Designs put together a 2.3L I4 producing 349hp with 29.45% efficiency.
Adenine is excited to show off just how fast and efficient the Mist can be!

5 Likes

Just a little update:

8 teams have signed up. All teams have signed up for both classes, so it looks like the competition will be good and exciting in both classes! I am missing some links to mods that you guys have used, but everyone that stated that they used mods and haven’t sent me any or not all links, they should have received a message from me. So remember link to all mods you use!

Economy for GT-AM engines are minimum 30%. GT-PO has minimum 25% economy

yeah i had a blonde moment

i will definately join with the 2016 Basic production Version of the wiseman for the GT-Pro Class to make sure the 24 hours ride will be as comfrotable as possible. guess i will try something else for the GT-AM though :smiley:

1 Like

And here I presesnt the FSD Racer PRO.

Unlike the other car, it can fit 2 people inside. It also offers a larger engine with very low compression rate, for all your racing needs!

1 Like

Traxx Racing is proud to present the first details about their 2016 GT-PRO car for the Automation Endurance Challenge II. In the last challenge back in June 2014 we saw Traxx Racing in all three classes. A 3rd place in the GT2 class was their best result. In the faster GT1 class Traxx Racing got a 5th place finish. The presenters of the GT-PRO car from Traxx Racing were confident when they were talking about how well this new platform can perform. This Titan16X GT-PRO is not based on any road going Traxx cars, but it is based on the Traxx Racing Titan16 GT-AM car with a bigger body but with similar styling. This might be turned into a street car after the challenge is finished, so you might get your hands on a Traxx non racing version of this.

The Titan16X is a brand new platform from Traxx Racing. The version used in the Automation Endurance Challenge II is the GT-PRO version. This platform does have the potential to compete with faster racing cars, but it is a bit heavy. The smaller GT-AM Traxx Racing car does have a N/A 2.6 liter inline 6 according to the rumors. The Titan16X also uses a inline 6 according to the rumors, however it is smaller with its 2.5 liters and to get the extra power Traxx Racing fitted it with a turbo. Apparently it produces a lot of torque, so it might do well because of the minimum weight regulation. Only time will tell if this was a good decision by Traxx Racing!

1 Like