The Automation Gamer Challenge [NEW THREAD]

For lore reasons, mainly. In fact, there is nothing in the rules that explicitly requires you to actually make a supercar or hypercar. As long as it meets regulations, it will be accepted - the performance targets are mere recommendations rather than explicit requirements.

Also, a quick reminder: If you post an ad for your entry before the deadline, make sure that you do the same with its associated .car file.

1 Like

While it doesn’t explicitly require a super/hypercar, that is what you’ll end up with when you have a 180 ET limit. I’ve got a full carbon fibre V8 turbo hypercar in the limit, so I can’t see why you’d choose to not go up to that in a competition.

Just saying you’re not going to get anything else in a competition.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with that IMO. McLaren F1 was in NFS2 and it was the first ever fully carbon fibre equipped road legal hypercar

Yeah, but NFS2 wasn’t just a series of McLaren F1s duking it out against eachother. The lore is that this is filling out the roster, right? I would’ve thought that variance was key.

I would have no problem throwing in a heavy luxury chonker like a Mercedes CL 600. In this case I would replace the CMT Spa with the CMT Kyalami V12 with chrome and straight line performance. Coming with luxury interior and automatic and everything. The automatic could be replaced with a manual for rule compliance but I guess this step adds variety here.

1 Like

The point I’m trying to make is, if you want to make a ridiculous hypercar, go for it. I know a few people who are making rather normal sport coupes and what not

Here’s the bit that gets me:

performance (how fast it is and how well it handles)

So style is subjective, relevence is subjective, performance is objective.

That’s what makes me say that making a hyper car is effectively a requirement. Within the limits, a hypercar gives the best performance all round, and since you can style any car category to look good or to meet the direction of the game, there’s no reason to deviate.

4 Likes

I’m going for a filling out the roster sort of deal. Mine is more on the level or RX-7 and other Jap sports cars of the time (roughly 300hp).

If we all made super and hyper cars for the game, then there wouldn’t be much variance. You need stuff for the earlier stages of the game.

Haapala GT2 1995 series

Bluring the line between Street and Track

12 Likes

Also managed to build a light sports car with a six-cylinder for the game as “early-stage-car” and I am currently overworking the Kyalami to fit the V12 and become something like this:

I mean, there is nothing more absurd than luxury cars in racing games (unless you are racing with a bus, a garbage truck or such things). But they do exist and it is definitely badass to win a race while your seats are heated and giving you a massage.

4 Likes

i have gone for the start out car in a sim racer.
3.5L straight 6 with 321bhp, double wishbone suspension all round, aluminium panels and sports interior. sort of an m3 or c43 competitor

1 Like

Hot Pursuit 2 and Midtown Madness?

1 Like

1995 Platinum LP

252 hp mated to an AWD drivetrain. Double wishbone at the front, Solid axle leaf springs at the rear. Premium interior, Aluminum Panels, and a sports suspension. It’s a Skyline in Acura Legend clothes.

AWD is forbidden. RWD only!

Also leaf springs? It’s supposed to be a sports or super car

Corvette has leaf springs

@Rise_Comics Not exactly. The corvette uses a very unique sort of leaf spring rear suspension but not a live axle leaf setup like automation has. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corvette_leaf_spring

The only relevant car to this competition that might have had a rear live axle (coil) would be the sn-95 mustang.

1 Like

Not exactly true. The fourth-gen GM F-bodies (Camaro/Firebird) also had coil-sprung live rear axles, and the former was the last iteration of the nameplate to have one - every Camaro from the fifth generation onward has had an independent multilink rear suspension.

1 Like

Sooo…

I tried to make a CL out of the CMT Kyalami that is based on a BMW 850i-like body.
THIS IS SO AWFUL!

Any experiments to try to make it better were useless. This does just not work.

I could do a perfectly lore-fitting facelift in the style of CMTs sedan Sentinel but I wanted to do something Mercedes-like…

Next attempt was a CLK 430 copy. Even engine wise completely accurate. Please dont ask how I created the taillights… let me just say it was “challenging”…

But since 1995 is two years before the CLK, I might consider using the front end of the 1993-onwards C-Class sedans as it looks a lot more period correct. Maybe this is an early prototype of a C43 AMG.

4 Likes

i don’t think you can submit replicas