The Automation Gamer Challenge [NEW THREAD]

4c0ca274f2b662eebeb26da4c05f0e04acdfabca_1_500x500

Pilati Ultimo Vision Automation Turismo

Heavily inspired by Pilati’s legendary lineup throughout the years, the Pilati Ultimo Vision Automation Turismo takes the best of the past and brings it into the future. As the name describes, the Ultimo VAT is Pilati’s ultimate vision of the future, a preview of what’s to come.

Design

The Ultimo VAT honors Pilati’s rich heritage, with elements of its unmistakable design DNA such as the Pilati split grille and the famed snake insignia of Squadra Serpente, Pilati’s highly successful performance division, emblazoned on the rear fenders. It is also finished in stunning Rosso Vicenza, a color that dates back to Pilati’s first cars. The clean, white and black design of the wheels is a throwback to the 1988 Pilati Aquila Competizione with its iconic turbofans.

The Ultimo VAT features the redesigned Pilati badge on the front and the historic Pilati badge on the left side vent. The fuel cap is cleverly integrated into the right side vent, with the Automation Turismo logo.

Yet, it is certainly not an outdated design, with its sleek single-seater body elegantly sculpted to form a masterpiece that flows with the air instead of fighting against it. Compared to regular mirrors, the camera stalks reduce drag and allow the driver to have a clearer view of their competitors behind them.

One of the Ultimo VAT’s most distinctive features is the venturi tunnels that cut through from the sides to the rear of the car. Combined with the fan system and the active rear wing, these sophisticated aerodynamic devices help to increase downforce, vital in a track-oriented machine like this.

Specifications

FR layout

708 hp twin-turbo V8 engine, 9000 RPM redline

7-speed dual-clutch transmission

1215 kg

6:37:31 on the Nürburgring Nordschleife

A few of Pilati's previous models (because i don't have a thread yet)

1988 Pilati Aquila S500 Turbo & Pilati Competizione

1995 Pilati Aquila S550 & Pilati Competizione

2002 Pilati Aquila GT & Pilati Aquila JGTC (liveryless)

Group Shot

13 Likes

Ad deadline has ended!

Instabins are coming tomorrow! Expect reviews to come out in a week or so.

4 Likes

@micz244

@variationofvariables

@vero94773

To all of those that survived Bin City, the real reviews are coming in a few days!

Also, let me know if you like this layout!

11 Likes

argh i already did an oopsie

An official message from RZei.

Due to a big amount of backlash, the VernonSport Vision (@micz244) is back in the list of pending evaluations.

8 Likes

Before the actual reviews start, here's a quick guide on how cars are judged.

On the side of every car, there’s a little trapezoidal pill of a different color each time. Here’s what these colors mean.

Frame%206(1)

There are 6 categories where a car can be judged:

Presentation, Overall Design, Uniqueness, Detail, Heritage and Design Realism.

Each of these categories have a score of 5. Which makes the highest score 30.

If your score is in between 20 and 30, your car gets included on release.

If your score is in between 10 and 20, your car gets included in a future update.

If your score is below 10, your car doesn’t get included in Automation Turismo.

With that, here is the first part of the reviews!

@Fayeding_Spray

Presentation 0
Overall Design 3
Uniqueness 3
Detail 2
Heritage 1
Design Realism 4
Total (out of 30) 13

@micz244

Presentation 3
Overall Design 3
Uniqueness 5
Detail 5
Heritage 3
Design Realism 2
Total (out of 30) 21

@Sky-High

Presentation 0
Overall Design 2
Uniqueness 2
Detail 1
Heritage 3
Design Realism 2
Total (out of 30) 10

@Maxbombe

Presentation 4
Overall Design 4
Uniqueness 5
Detail 3
Heritage 5
Design Realism 1
Total (out of 30) 22

@The_Stig_Is_A_Spy

Presentation 3
Overall Design 2
Uniqueness 1
Detail 4
Heritage 3
Design Realism 4
Total (out of 30) 17

@Xepy

Presentation 4
Overall Design 5
Uniqueness 5
Detail 5
Heritage 5
Design Realism 5
Total (out of 30) 29

@Aruna

Presentation 1
Overall Design 3
Uniqueness 3
Detail 3
Heritage 4
Design Realism 3
Total (out of 30) 17

@Falling_Comet

Presentation 5
Overall Design 4
Uniqueness 3
Detail 4
Heritage 3
Design Realism 4
Total (out of 30) 23

second part coming whenever i can idk

24 Likes

REVIEWS, PART 2

@RAZR

Presentation 1
Overall Design 1
Uniqueness 2
Detail 2
Heritage 3
Design Realism 1
Total (out of 30) 10

@titleguy1

Presentation 3
Overall Design 4
Uniqueness 4
Detail 4
Heritage 3
Design Realism 4
Total (out of 30) 22

@SpeedyBoi

Presentation 5
Overall Design 5
Uniqueness 5
Detail 3
Heritage 3
Design Realism 4
Total (out of 30) 25

@HybridTronny

Presentation 3
Overall Design 3
Uniqueness 3
Detail 3
Heritage 3
Design Realism 2
Total (out of 30) 17

@TheLapTopX20

Presentation 1
Overall Design 1
Uniqueness 1
Detail 1
Heritage 3
Design Realism 1
Total (out of 30) 8

@Portalkat42

Presentation 3
Overall Design 3
Uniqueness 2
Detail 2
Heritage 3
Design Realism 2
Total (out of 30) 15

@chiefzach2018

Presentation 5
Overall Design 5
Uniqueness 5
Detail 5
Heritage 5
Design Realism 3
Total (out of 30) 28

@Tzuyu_main

Presentation 3
Overall Design 5
Uniqueness 4
Detail 5
Heritage 3
Design Realism 5
Total (out of 30) 25

@kookie

kookie
Presentation 1
Overall Design 3
Uniqueness 4
Detail 4
Heritage 5
Design Realism 4
Total (out of 30) 21

Results!

@Xepy

Congratulations to Xepy or winning AGC 14!

2nd Place: @chiefzach2018

3rd Place: @SpeedyBoi

Also 3rd Place: @Tzuyu_main

4th Place: @Falling_Comet

5th Place: @Maxbombe

6th Place: @kookie

Also 6th Place: @micz244

With this done, the Automation Turismo GUI Edits are now resuming!

Also, big thanks to @CorsicaUnknown for helping me a lot with the reviews, without him, this wouldn’t have been possible.

sorry if i fucked up your logos

22 Likes

Congrates Xepy for winning this challenge and Chiefzach for absolutely demolishing my spreadsheet
It’s the first time Reizei has hosted a challenge (I think?), and despite all the troubles, I think the judging turned out really well, especially how nice the GUI looks. Thanks for hosting!

7 Likes

Great challenge and reviews Reizei, well worth the wait.

I have some ideas for the next AGC but will be wrapping up CSC first, so I’ll say if I want to host soon.

9 Likes

I’ll be passing down hosting as I don’t have time to host for the time being.

3 Likes

I’ll have to pass on hosting as well. Too much work and too little time.

3 Likes

Me and Tzuyu should be able to come up with the next AGC in… soon™

If we don’t, then we’ll ask Comet to take over from here

In the meantime, have a little very misleading teaser

7 Likes

Awww yassss, time to pop the nitros.

1 Like
mfw when I promised someone AGC will be out by this week, and then realizing that today is already Saturday

d410fdddc7d7f8054dd5d2fe055bf944

Jesus it has been two and a half weeks since the last update
Earlier this month we noticed that people are busy with their assignments and other major challenges
Now it’s end of October, although there are still other challenges, people are (hopefully) much less busy now
Just want to say that we are not dead yet, and AGC should be out Sunday EST

edit: nevermind…

2 Likes

AGC  15  -  A  LOST  ART

By @SpeedyBoi and @Tzuyu_main

Background

2026 is a year that will be remembered in the history of gaming. Not only is the anticipated sequel of Automation Turismo 7 announced in that year, but it also marks the debut of the next-generation gaming platform: Cyno’s new ProStation 7.

Even with the new striking design and a 40% increase of performance compared to last-gen in some game benchmarks, the most anticipated new feature of this new console is the separately purchased PS-V accessory. PS-V is a simulation suit joint developed by Cyno and Octolens, which is a company that specializes in Virtual Reality products. This suit has been in development for five years, and on top of including a VR headset, the suit also has a mini-compressor that changes the temperature inside the suit according to the game, as well as motors that applies force feedback directly on your arms, so you can really feel it when you are, let’s say lifting a heavy object in the game.

Such a revolutionary device requires a revolutionary game to fully exploit its potential. Joint-developed with the ProStation team, Crankshaft games presents one of the flagship games for the PS7 platform: ATTAC 2079.

Game Plot (important!)

Decades into the future, the gradual decline and eventual collapse of numerous great powers results in a drawn-out period of economic instability, social unrest, and political insurrection. Entire geographical regions are destabilized, with millions impoverished or displaced from their home countries. With a worldwide shortage of conventional fossil fuels thrown into the mix, the global transportation union and governments around the world elected to ban all and any form of motorsport in the interest of preserving fossil fuels for military and transportation purposes.

Up until this point, a particular racing series known as “TIME ATTAC” (Terrain Inconsistent Multinational Endurance Alternative Time TriAl Championship) held by Hakuryu-Seikatsu Corp. had proven to be extremely popular for its highly extreme nature and unique ruleset (or more accurately, the relative lack thereof). Power outputs would start to encroach those of top fuel dragsters’, and it wasn’t uncommon for average speeds throughout entire races to consistently stay above 200mph. Given the nature of TIME ATTAC, mortality rates for drivers and on-site spectators was much higher than normal. Given the amount of resources necessary to keep the series running and the increasing deadliness, this was among the first series to be banned as part of the worldwide abolition of motorsports. With that, TIME ATTAC all but vanished from the public eye.

But as the elite usually do, they find another way. And that’s exactly what they did; TIME ATTAC made a mass exodus and went underground, surprisingly managing to maintain a sizeable, dedicated fanbase. Of course, other racing series flourished underground after the ban, but TIME ATTAC remained the most popular series by far. However, governments of the world have recently started cracking down on these illegal racing activities without remorse. It’s not uncommon for certain drivers or other influential figures prominent in the underground scene to “disappear” without a trace, including high-profile business executives who were secretly associated with them.

TIME ATTAC has remained mostly safe in the age of crackdowns due to its numerous sponsors and closely-knit business connections, utilizing a worldwide network of safehouses, well-charted routes, and an intelligence committee to monitor police activity. Despite their efforts, however, some racers still manage to be incarcerated or “disappeared” every year, and to make matters worse, the United States has recently allowed the use of military force to curb their actions.

TIME ATTAC Regulations
  1. Altitude to ground throughout the entire race must be lower than 7m (for eliminating aircrafts and spacecrafts)

2. The racecraft must be piloted

3. Pilot must be inside vehicle

That's it. As a result, you can see all kinds of machines across the field, all trying to achieve the same goal of getting from point A to point B as fast as possible.

The game is currently in closed beta with quick races, and the upcoming story mode features the 2079 season of TIME ATTAC. The game will take place with the PoV of [main character], who is participating in the race. For the other participants in the race, their designs will be done by you, one of the closed beta testers, using the in-game vehicle designer.

The top 7 designs will be featured in the 2079 season of TIME ATTAC, and the rest will be selected for qualifying race competitors and quick race vehicles.

Rules

• FOLLOW THE TIME ATTAC REGULATIONS! (posted further above)

• Model/Trim year: 2020

• Engine/variant year: 2020

• Max Engine/Trim ET/PU: It’s the future
    Since the actual “engineering” of your craft is done by displaying it in the visual design, it has nothing to do with Automation stats. For example, if you car has a X24 nitromethane-diesel octo-turbocharged hybrid with rocket-assisted launch, you should list it in your “vehicle description”, details are explained below in the “Submission” section

• If your design requires any car component to be hidden, add the tag to your “trim” slot depending on what you want to hide. You can have as many tags as you want, obviously:
    [C] - hide chassis
    [B] - hide body
    [H] - hide hood/bonnet
    [E] - hide engine
    [W] - hide wheels
    [S] - hide suspension

• If your design requires multiple separate cars (for example, one for the body and one for the wheels in order to get a desired fitment OR a 6x6 :eyes:), PM these cars and clearly include with your submission which car is for what. Please make sure all cars follow the naming convention.

• Low effort designs, shitposts, or a combination of the two will be binned

• No V16 engines

Design Inspiration

Priorities

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

• Exterior design

• Coolness

• Creativity and execution of design, and how your envisioned engineering is displayed in your Automation design

:star: :star: :star: :star:

• Creative design choices that serves the simple goal of getting from point A to point B faster than your opponents

:star: :star:

• Presentation of advertisement/poster

• Racecraft/character lore

:star:

• Engineering in Automation

Suggestions and Things to Consider

• This will be one of the flagship games for the Prostation 7 platform with the PS-V, so it needs to demonstrate the capabilities of the simulation suit. How do you give the player an engaged and striking experience with your craft design?

• The race will be across many different terrains, such as desert and muddy terrains. How would your craft take advantage of them?

• Being a good few decades in the future, contestants can be found driving all sorts of vehicles, from the newest, state-of-the-art hovercraft to modified, heavily illegal cars with internal combustion engines. The whole point of TIME ATTAC is to race without any rules, so go absolutely crazy. Mid engine V10 open wheel 60s pickup truck? Rocket engine stuffed into a 2000s Korean subcompact? As long as it looks good and looks the part, it’s free game.

Submissions

• PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR .CAR FILE TO BOTH ME AND @SpeedyBoi (Sky-High, you don’t have to do this since I’ve already sent your file over to him, but everyone else please DM it to both me and @SpeedyBoi).

• CAR MODEL: AGC15 - (FORUM username)

• CAR TRIM: Make, model, trim of car

• ENGINE FAMILY: AGC15 - (FORUM username)

• ENGINE VARIANT: Engine name

• A “vehicle description” is mandatory for this challenge. It would contain an explanation of the design and engineering choices, as well as how they are implemented in your automation design, if possible. For example, if your craft has the X24 thing above, you can write about how it is implemented, how your craft design shows it and how it helps with racing. The vehicle description must be posted under the AGC thread on discourse, (Or DM along with your .car file submission if you cannot make a discourse post for whatever reason). The quality of the posts themselves would not be judged (So you don’t need stuff like fancy photoshops). However, it plays a major role in expressing the creativity and thoughts behind your designs, so try to make them detailed and thoughtful.

• If you want to write some lore for your craft and for your driver(s), please do so. Note that creating a fictional character is not mandatory.

THIS ROUND WILL BE HELD IN OPEN BETA (4.1).

Deadline is on 19 23 November at 11:59 PM PST!

Countdown.

This is our first time hosting a challenge, we're open to suggestions.

18 Likes

In light of this developer update video posted on 22 October (1:20 into the video), apparently the next update which has 3D fixture placement is dropping anywhere from 6-13 of November (I’ve seen 9 November said by Killrob himself in a Steam forum post as a possible release date). Since the very nature of the cars we’re asking you to build would probably be easier to build with 3D fixture placement, now comes the question of whether or not you guys want to wait.

• WAIT UNTIL NEW UPDATE DROPS (and then the submission deadline would be around 10 days after)
  • KEEP THE CURRENT DEADLINE

0 voters

Edit

Looks like we'll be temporarily putting this challenge on hiatus. Submissions will open when the new update drops!
4 Likes

It’s official.

AGC15 submissions are now open!

Deadline is on 19 23 November at 23:59:59 PST.

Countdown.

3 Likes
B1 Alpha R1 X Class

Bit of a mad lad this one, made completely before the 3d fixture revamp.

so what i mean is it could be a little neater

With two main thrusters powering the craft and the front side thrusters for steering the R1 X Class is nimble and fast, outclassing its opponents with short burts of speed and agility.