The Automation Gamer Challenge [NEW THREAD]

Congratulations, a worthy winner indeed, it was outstanding.

I’d be more than happy to host! I’m currently working some stuff out and will get back to you folks soon with the next challenge.

8 Likes

How is it going?

Not to be rude but after almost two weeks I think that something should have happened if one is “happy to host” and “will get back soon”.

@chiefzach2018, I understand if life can come in the way sometimes, but do you have time and possibilities to host this or would it be better if someone else took over by now?

@That-S-cop and I present

AGC13 - Safety First

Welcome to the Show

The novel coronavirus outbreak froze the motorsport world’s rotation. For multiple months, tarmac and non-tarmac surfaces sat undisturbed, with nearby, self-isolating neighbors placated by such silence. In that time, alternatives were devised for open and closed-wheel racing, and it is now that we look to the past and wonder what the next step is. First came sim racing. Next came sim racing championships that threw winners into real race cars. Then came sim racing championships officially endorsed by a motorsport governing body. There was even supposed to be a program that let you attain a real-world driving license, but that did not get implemented.

It is crystal clear to this governing body that online racing would provide an ideal safety cushion against severe weather, global pandemics, and the like while simultaneously opening avenues for more types of e-racing events. Thus, its administration set to work, pulling talent from Thinking Space, Polymorphism Digital, Absolutely Mad Studios, Codemonkeys, and Kudos, to create its own officially-licensed simulator. With the finest of tuning systems, LIDAR-scanned tracks, and CAD-modeled entries, this game is intended to be as precise a real racing replication as current technology allows.

With many of the assets gathered, including initial vehicle and track offerings, it seems this game is all set in terms of gathering resources…

“Where’s the safety car?” inquired the first member - Jon - of a programming duo.

“The what?” responded Dave - the second member.

Jon: “The safety car model. I remember uploading it here just last night.”

Dave: “Oh, that boring thing. Yeah… I got rid of it.”

Jon: “You’re kidding. We were lent a car, and you just toss it in the bin?”

Dave: “It’s boring.”

Jon: “Boring? Did you even look at it?”

Dave: “They’ve been supplying plenty of pace cars for several years, so yes, seeing a Zacspeed with orange lights on a yellow flag is boring.”

Jon: “It was at least something we could send”

Dave: “Uh-uh. They want the best, we’ll give them the best, and we can afford to spend more time.”

Jon: “I think you’re overestimating how much time remains.”

Dave: “What do you mean?”

Jon: “They want the models in just a few weeks.”

Dave: “That’s plenty.”

Jon: “Plenty if you want to work 80 hours per week. I’m sure you loved getting called for ASCAR Heat 6 at 3:30 AM.”

Dave: “Considering the odd hours I sleep at, I sure did. Anyway, I know some guys. Perhaps they could pull some strings.”

Jon: “You make the calls, I’ll import it. Just remember if we ask for an extension, the boss will roast us on a spit.”

Dave: “Bet.”

It looks like our cynical veteran and impish newcomer need some assistance. Perhaps you have some of that in stock.

Rules

• Trim Year must be 2020.
  • Engine must not utilize any race components.
  • Only two seats may be used for vehicles with one set of doors. If the vehicle in question has a second set of doors, it can use either four or five seats.
  • 95 RON fuel must be used.
  • Advanced 20s safety and premium HUD are required - these are to account for the safety measures (i.e. roll cage) and technologies (ex. telemetry, radio, etc.) added for safety car duty.
  • You will need a light bar on the roof of your vehicle - feel free to use this mod (second from the left). Real examples, including one for a convertible, are provided in the inspiration section.
  • Also required is labeling - “Safety Car” must be present in at least two areas: the front (hood or bumper) and the rear (bumper). Examples of this are also provided in the inspiration section.

• 45 drivability minimum
  • 45 sportiness minimum
  • 15 comfort minimum
  • 45 prestige minimum
  • 45 safety minimum
  • 12 US MPG minimum
  • 60 trim reliability minimum
  • 55 loudness maximum
  • $150,000 maximum approximate cost

Priorities

:star::star::star::star::star: - Of Paramount Concern

• Base Design - The design for the car must make sense with the type of vehicle you choose, though it is recommended you aim for the sportier side of the spectrum. For the brief, calm moments your car’s out on the track, you’ll want it to steal the show!
  • Livery Design - Playing into the preceding point, your car must have a livery. Feel free to go as minimalist or ornate as you please - the goal is to catch their eye with something that flows well with the car!

:star::star::star::star::eight_pointed_black_star: - Of Significant Concern

• Sportiness - Fast cars catch attention. A high-performance vehicle will fit the speed-oriented atmosphere of this game, and it will assist in expressing your brand’s performance-related offerings.
  • Drivability - Keep in mind all that speed won’t help when it can’t be controlled. It would leave a bad taste if the computer spins your car out on a livestream.
  • Prestige - Impressing people is the aim here! You want your car to be a symbol of success, a vehicle that people wish they could drive someday. It’ll help when the flashy race cars are snailing about.

:star::star::star::eight_pointed_black_star::eight_pointed_black_star: - Of Concern

• Safety - A safety car is meant to be safe. When your car is off the track, it’ll be paraded about for its heroic work of leading traffic, but really, they’re just simping for speed.
  • Reliability - So long as you’re not coming back in for repairs as often as those partaking in tarmac warfare, you should be fine.
  • Comfort - It’s appreciated by the safety car driver, helps make their tough job just that extra notch easier, but it’s not like it’d be staying out that long.
  • Cost - if someone can outdo your entry while spending less money, it would be more reasonable to go with the cheaper unit.

Inspiration

These rules should allow for plenty of diversity in entries. Performance will be a common trend among these, but in case you need a spark to get cranking, I assembled this menagerie of motor cars prepped to pace. You’re more than welcome to use your own sources.

Creative Juice Flow-Inator

Mercedes-AMG GT R F1 Safety Car (Front)

Mercedes-AMG GT R F1 Safety Car (Rear)

Porsche 911 Turbo (991.2) WEC Safety Car (Front)

Porsche 911 Turbo (991.2) WEC Safety Car (Rear)

BMW i8 Roadster Formula E Safety Car (Front)

BMW i8 Roadster Formula E Safety Car (Rear)

Audi RS4 Avant Le Mans Pace Car

Submission

Your single submission must follow this naming format:

Model Name and Engine Family Name: AGC13 - <USERNAME>
Trim Name: make/model/trim of the car
Variant Name: model/variant of the engine

You can send me the .car file via forum PM or Discord DM. However, it would be easier to keep track of entries through forum PMs. No resends will be allowed unless I ask you for one.

Collaborating with someone would be all to your benefit! If you do this, please include both usernames in the Model Name and Engine Family Name boxes.

Lore is always welcome. Feel free to post it in this thread.

Deadline

The rules, as they stand, are subject to change from initial posting to Wednesday, July 15, 2020, at 11:59:59 PM EDT. Once this rule-adjusting period expires, the submission window will begin. You are free to submit until Friday, July 24, 2020, at 11:59:59 PM EDT, at which point judging will start.

Best of luck to all of you, and remember to have fun!

17 Likes

Zephorus 2000 Tributo R SC

Well, I’m not sure if this is a safety car, or danger car. Eitherway you wont miss it.

Also it’s green and not shitty silver

nearly 800hp and nearly 220mph. Nearly a lot of things, but looking good?
It definitely does that.

More + car before stickers

17 Likes

Changes.

Dave: “Maybe the sorts of cars we want to look at are a bit pedestrian, don’t you think?”

Jon: “Well, I chose cars in this price range because they seemed to be more affordable.”

Dave: “Yeah, but you know we’re not buying these for ourselves, right?”

Jon: “Not with how much we’re getting paid.”

Dave: “Here’s my proposal: we start asking manufacturers with more expensive stuff.”

Jon: “How expensive are we talking?”

Dave: “$150,000.”

Jon: “You think those folks would really be interested?”

Dave: “Of course. Who wouldn’t want to be in this game?”

Jon: “Someone whose car couldn’t be driven by the player.”

Dave: “Oh, hush. It’s not like we’re discounting any cars already under $75,000.”

Jon: “Fair enough. Hopefully your theory proves true.”

Dave: “Oh, by the way, this link isn’t working.”

Jon: “Shoot, let me fix it. Must’ve slipped my mind.”

Up from $75,000, the new maximum approximate cost is $150,000. The original post will be updated to reflect this. Also, submissions are now open until Friday, July 24, 2020, at 11:59:59 PM.

Go wild.

5 Likes

i made this before the announcement was made i give up

Quezon unveils the latest-generation Cordova as a Safety Car in an upcoming Racing Game. Or maybe they wont because it'll never get selected. Either way, have this big chonk succ boi. Featuring optional Four-wheel-steering (4WS).
2021 Quezon Cordova GT Safety Car Concept

sHaDowS oF oUr pAsT

SO TELL ME WHY YOU NEED TO FEEL

THESE THINGS THAT ARE NOT REAL

ADMITTING IN THIS LOVE YOU UNTIL NOW

THE SHADOWS OF OUR PAST

STILL NOTHING IN OUR BAGS

CAUSE WE COULDN’T TURN OURSELVES AROUND

4WS Demo

18 Likes

well i tried

16 Likes

xD I’ve lost already

Tristella Gryphus

(Safety Car)

Gallery

27 Likes

The British Mustang

It’s called the Brantan Caliber GTR

And no, liveries aren’t my strong point
and neither are headlights

And before anyone says “wHeRE iS dOOr hANdLe?” sod yourself It’s like the TVR where it’s on the mirror because quirky.

1 Like

2020 Alba Project GT Mk2 - Pace Car

We are jumping straight into Motorsports. Racing our cars was one thing, But providing a pace car; That, we consider is the next step.

As a Successor to the 2013 Model, The Project GT Mk2 is one of our most meticulously crafted cars, And carries one of our best engines yet.
All this, With the racing equipment: only 86000 dollars. (Pace car rated at 83500 dollaridoos)

Gallery

Gatto RoCat GattoWorks SC
Only the best of Swiss quality to patrol the world’s best racetracks

Derived from the RoCat GatoWorks R, this car keeps intact the pure European supercar feeling of the regular RoCat
(I know, the text looks off, but the .car file I’ll send will be correctly placed)

Gatto Motors, Because We Care

Kurokama XC-R [KITSUNE_pack] Safety Car

15 Likes

Afternoon of the Final Day.

Dave: “Can’t believe it’s already Friday. Time flies when you’re having fun!”

Jon: “What time is it? Work this week’s been giving me plenty of hell.”

Dave: “2:30.”

Jon: “Perfect. How goes the scouting?”

Dave: “I’ve been getting plenty of responses, and I’ll be checking my inbox up to midnight tonight.”

Jon: “How many people have you heard from?”

Dave: “Eight. I can show you the list if you’d like.”

Jon: “Sure thing.”

The List:
@variationofvariables
@Lazar
@Xepy
@Fletchyboy100
@Sky-High
@TheLapTopX20
@ZoomZoomer32
@ST1Letho

Jon: “Glad to see we weren’t left hanging.”

Dave: “Of course we weren’t, people insist on opening these sorts of opportunities for a reason!”

Jon: “Perhaps, though I’m curious how many more will reply.”

Dave: “Patience is a virtue, Jon… Though it’s been two hours, and my stomach’s snarling for something. Can we please order some Nürburg King?”

Jon: “Almost forgot. Time flies when you’re having fun.”

To help keep track of time, I’ve provided a link above to a countdown. If you were not mentioned in the above entrant list, please let me know.

Keep up the good work!

5 Likes

i honestly have faith in that this is gonna be my first Bin Survivance :slight_smile:

Entries are now closed.

There’s a whole field of interesting cars and liveries, and we can’t wait to run through it. My summer work’s going to have the majority of my attention over the next four days though, so hopefully you’ll understand if the results are a bit delayed.

In case anyone still has to make a post for their entry, you can still do that.

3 Likes

Alfora Sagui Safety Car Special

yes i love the sensation of suffering and slowly melting how did you discover

11 Likes

thread refresher lol