Tkx 4 teh new wallpapers!
I feel you guys, I wouldn’t be able to rank the stuff that happened here
This was a clash of legends, and I’m so glad to be part of it
Congrats everyone!

Reading soo good I could feel myself inside the game as I read

19 Likes

I’m so glad for marcus and also for everyone involved

Spoiler alert please? :stuck_out_tongue: Actually disregard that lol

I also have to thank @HighOctaneLove for helping me tecnobabble my way into the tecnical aspects of the car. I just showed him the car with just the wheel thusters and asked how could I bullshit a group of people into believing it was archiveable. He came up with the neutron charged air thing out of a fighter jet.

6 Likes

This latest round of AGC is, by far, the most ambitious and escapist of them all, and also the best by a long shot - so congratulations on finally getting it done! I just hope there is an AGC 16 in the future - one that lives up to the previous round’s lofty standards.

2 Likes

I had a lot of fun participating in this challenge and honestly a 5th place is more that I could’ve hoped for compared to these other crazy builds. Also the complete novels you guys wrote for the reviews were wonderful to read. I can’t wait untill we get another crazy challenge like this again. X3

3 Likes

This challenge really opened my eyes to how far one can get with the 3D fixture placement, it’s also what got me started on using it. I like the idea of creating something visually bizarre and specify its playstyle and capabilities with just storytelling; the only boundary is your creativity. I also like the idea of including not only the finalists, but every entry in the final game, because I’d say every single one deserves a spot in it. I’d like to thank and congratulate the hosts for making all this possible, and for executing and finishing it this well. Don’t worry about the waiting time tho, it added to the suspense.

4 Likes

@Marcus_gt500

Since it hasn’t really been confirmed, will you be hosting the next AGC by the way?

Also a bit late but congratulations!

5 Likes

Thanks! Unfortunately, I’m having a sketchy work pattern, so I’ll probably not have time to make something decent. So, it’s yours!

2 Likes

Alright, sounds good. I got an idea, just need to write it up.

4 Likes

AGC 16 - Back on the Track

Its been past halfway into the decade, and the racing game landscape is changing. The early part of the decade had a large focus on tuner cars, big wings, bright paints and shiny things. And all of course, mixed in with the underground street racing vibe, racing on the public roads, occasionally with police chasing the players around as they speed across open streets.

However in the real world, the culture has shifted a bit. A rising popularity in grassroots legal racing, drifting, and just in general racing in ways that don’t end up with the cops crushing your car and your ass behind bars. So of course, as following what the real life worked in the past, this seemed like a good time to shift over.

CIRCUIT is the new, in-house working title for the next upcoming racing game. Work has been started for the game, gone is the open world at nighttime and in are real world tracks, as well as fictional street circuits from places all over the globe. It was to be a blend of simulation and arcade, as well as a blend of the outgoing tuning culture as well as the new. Modes that would be included as a lock for sure was traditional circuit racing, drifting and drag racing, though variations on those would even be added in as well. Rally and offroad racing is a hopeful addition as well if the physics team can figure out dirt physics. As a carry over from the earlier games, car customization would still be around, but limited more to performance oriented modifications than having speakers and underglow.

Currently the story path of the game would take the player from the bottom, participating in low end racing events and building reputation, to eventually racing the big teams and their star drivers. The game will continuously drop snippets of information on how good these top teams are, and eventually face off against them to beat them in their discipline. Eventually after facing every other team in the CIRCUIT league, this will lead to the player to a final event showdown to dethrone the previous champion team and their star driver to become the top driver themselves.

Of course, all of those teams need art assets… And while it sounds great to just use real life people and teams for this, that poses many problems. Mainly licensing and them wanting to use their image to control the game’s development. So, they will have to be custom made.

Rules

• Model/ Engine year: Any year
  • Trim/ Variant year: 2008
  • Max Engine/ Trim ET/PU: None! (I’ll get to this)
  • Minimum safety: 40
  • As this is a design challenge and particularly a livery design one, I reserve the right to bin anything not in the spirit of the round design wise (ie, no livery, no logo for team)
  • Let me know if you need any part of your car hidden. You probably won’t as this should be grounded in reality, but sometimes the chassis does do Automation things.
  • Must have a presentation of the car and team
  • You only need 1 car, but if you really want to make more… just send me your best

Priorities

:star::star::star::star::star:

• Team livery design and vehicle choice
    The main focus of this will be to create a distinct racing team for the CIRCUIT game, one that is both unique, distinct and visually impressive. Of course, the vehicle choice will be tied to this, as it should be something that is or made to be what and endboss of a racing game should drive and something the player would want to get their hands on as well.
    The car’s visual modification should also be geared to the discipline it is stated for (track, drifting etc. your choice on what). Note that these should be modified production vehicles, but can be from any era.

:star::star::star::star:

• Team logo
    The team should have a unique logo that is featured prominently on the car and integrated into the car’s livery. One thing to note is that this should not be a real/ parody brand used here and rather something custom. For example, even if it looks great a Martini/Tarquini team as the logo will go in the bin.

:star::star::star:

• Team and star driver description
    The better you know your rivals the better the leadup to the end of the game would be. This includes the team name, driver names. Background information would be a nice touch, as well as what they specialize in. Do not say that they are the current champion, as that is what this will be deciding.

:star::star:

• Engineering cohesiveness and performance
    The cars can always be rebalanced to what is needed for the game, but we should have something to start from. Basically, tune your car to match what it looks like. If it is weirdly incoherent with mismatched choices it just means it needs more development time.

:star:

• Presentation
    If it looks nice it deserves points.

Design Inspiration

Inspirational Pictures

Submissions

Please DM your .CAR file to me. If you DM it to someone else or just post it in the thread, what are you doing really. If you are new and cannot DM, send me a message on discord.

Car model: AGC16 - [YOUR FORUM USERNAME]
Car Trim: [Car make, model, trim]
Engine Family: AGC16 - [YOUR FORUM USERNAME]
Engine Variant: [Engine make, model, trim]

Please include the team name and its driver(s) information in your presentation, which is also required.

Submissions open: April 23rd
Deadline: May 7th (Pending revision and exact time)

If you have any questions please ask.

14 Likes

Since nobody asked anything about rules I assume they good.

Here’s the countdown for the Submissions, 3 weeks to make your cars!

4 Likes

So, can we make a boss for the low tier racing series as well? Something like, “xyz here has been a gatekeeper of xyz series for xyz years, and yadda yadda you have to beat them to show that you’re worth a crap in motor racing”?

If you like to do that, you are free to.

2 Likes

Thought of something that could trip up things a bit. I know the company is worried about copyright on stuff like team names and stuff like that, but what about using replicas of irl cars as the basis for our designs? Like someone making a very customized '69 charger for their drag discipline focused team leader? Is that sort of thing frowned upon by the devs? or are they willing to go through the licensing process for such cars?

The cars themselves can be built from whatever base you’d like, just don’t have the team logo based off a company.

Nice! That makes what i had in mind more viable, both in the actual build as well as the lore.

How to livery
Car is shaping up, lore is shaping up, livery is the only pain in the butt stopping me from submitting (among other things)

1 Like

Honestly, I’m surprised by the lack of posts here.

There is a reason for that, I gotten no entries so far and seen 2 or 3 cars WIP. So I’ll put this poll out.

• Extend Submission Time
  • Don’t Extend Submission Time

0 voters