The Automation Gamer Challenge [NEW THREAD]

Right-o, after recieving quite a few requests for extension, I’m extending the deadline to 11th January, 2020. 11:59PM at GMT+6

Come on people we already received some great entries so far, give us more :eyes:

And mine doesn’t make that list of great entries :joy:

I wasn’t the one to send in a car for a secret agent that looks like it found Paris Hilton’s inappropriate pictures

1 Like

Hey! I can’t help the derpy game mechanic!

The 2016 Avia Gyra GT-5

15 Likes

2016 Tristella Vulturis GT

Tristella = Nice Ass

10 Likes

2016 Marksman-Garrison Broadsword

Technically the Marksman-Garrison Broadsword Marksman Federal Option Special (M-FOS) Excalibur
Yeah… this boat is back again…

Disclaimer

Yeah, the Handles are fine… it’s just loaded like that in the Photoscene.
I know my chances are horrific anyways… However… perhaps being able to blend into normal traffic slightly could be a minor Asset…
I also seem to have gone the MIB route.

5 Likes

Just over 30 hours left until submissions close!

KGB Bernina bringing a tour de force of aggression to the Premium Luxury segment.

Twin turbo 6.5L V12 rated at 793hp and 699 lbft at an ultra-clean 20.6mpg
8 speed modern automatic transmission delivering 0-62 in 3.2 seconds and 214mph
Rear-biased AWD system stablised by electronic differential control
Interior trimmed with meticulously quality assured, hand-stitched leathers and state-of-the-art infotainment.

Available starting from $203,000.

About 7 hours left before submissions close people!

3 Likes

The “sane, safe, comfortable and family friendly” Caraxes, still capable of 360 km/h.
Adjustable ride height air suspension, Flat 6 party in the back.

Right submissions closed a few mins ago. I’ve received all the entries, prelim results should be out within a day or two.

Best of luck to y’all!

7 Likes

AGC 8: Wraith, The Prelims

Before we go any further, I'd like to point out that this first prelim is here for the purpose of binning cars that didn't make it to the finals for various reasons. If your car isn't here, congratulations, you've already made it to the finals. As for those who are here, We've tried to point out certain issues that we found with your entries. If you have any further questions about your entries, feel free to comment below or shoot me or @ST1Letho a message

Yuro Classique 6.5 Ultra-GT by @variationofvariables

43919495d93adba6090a7072d705c09b794a2296_1_690x388

Main Binning Reason: Design, unfortunately. Just design alone.

Design:
* The front fascia seems okay at first, from a distance. Then you come closer and you see the second set of headlights underneath the skinny LED ones. Just… why? The upper LEDs looked just fine, alone.
* The fascia itself is covered pretty well with well-proportioned vents and grille combo. However, they don’t seem to fill the sides and end up making the overall fascia looking empty or unfinished.
* The spider-web grille style might look good on other cars but not this one, trust me.
* To your credit, you added a panoramic roof to the car. Many entries avoided this for whatever reason.
* The rear, in general, looks okay. But the exhaust tips really don’t go well with the shape of the car itself and the rear lights are too big. Seriously, why are they so big?

To add insult to the injury, this car would’ve been a proper finalist! A competitive one. I’ll go ahead and tell you that this car had figures that were on par with what are now, the podium finishers.The design was simply too big of a let down.

But what’s done is done. Don’t get bummed over losing this one, opportunities will arise.

BKOO Senner Radwood by @Conan

0a1cc5670162ae2cf9db95807f379fc88ec6e3ab_1_690x388

Main Binning Reasons: The car is just a thumbs down for us, completely misses the point in what the car was supposed to be, both design-wise and performance-wise. Handing over for testing (just to have fun), but it is not getting into the finals.

Design :
* Completely misses the subtle-and-elegant point. It looks like a racecar, and an outdated one.
* There is huge amount of conflict of round and sharp lines, the car does not look nearly as good as it could, thanks to that.

Car :
* The transmission goes too far into overdrive, and is the easy-way-out, aka slam in a DCT with as many gears as possible.
* As of high speed steering, it starts steering pretty badly 130 Km/h onwards. Not a good sign.
* Loosely tuned Active Sports suspensions just reek of minmax.
* WTAF is going on with the extremely stiff roll angle? Again, LUXURY GT!

Engine :
* The engine power curve is a nope
* Why, of all things, restrict the intercooler?
* It is loud, not the best quality for a luxurious GT car.

Viento SLV by @player965347

9c42b6b6b5447acfe73d42ae2b7aa51be5bedc67_1_690x388

Main Binning Reasons: Failure to follow the proper naming convention, or at least that would’ve been it. Considering that this could’ve been a rookie mistake, I personally took a look at it. The design is half-assedly executed, rather wonky engine setup, sub-par stats and failure to carry the prime stats that would’ve been important.

Design:
* I can see what you tried to do with the design, and with enough experience, it could be turned into an awesome supercar. But it just doesn’t cut it now.

Car:
* What is this car trying to be? A supercar? or a GT car? It performs like a supercar but it has the amenities of a GT car.
* The type of torque-kick this car has from the TT B6 engine is what you see mostly on GT4 cars. Not touring cars
* Active Comfort suspensions, but tightly tuned.
* 3 seconds 0-60, a full CF build, very well tuned steering graph that has never heard of the slightest of understeering. Sounds like… a supercar.
* Nitpick, but did you apply primer and then forgot to paint if afterwards?

Engine:
* Now I’m not entirely sure which luxury GT car would have a twin turbo 6 cyl boxer with a massive spool lag and torque-kick
* Single intake port for the Direct Injection system… in a 200k GT car… is this engine taken from some other car then has been spiced the shit out of?

Aurora CC by @flammeneis

049d56055f395fd8573704257720746b8639d2d9_1_690x388

Main Binning Reasons: This car should be binned for the engine alone, with THE most massive turbo lag I’ve ever seen on a V8 engine. The design doesn’t really make sense for the segment of cars we want as well.

Design:
* The design is rather fine, but it looks less ‘luxury-GT’ and more of a ‘mid-range GT’. That’s not what we’re after.

Car:
* Right, I’m not entirely sure about the mono-tube suspensions for this application, first of all.
* Sports seats… ehhh… To your credit you got the comfort down, almost.
* MacPherson Strut bars… Again, was this originally a mid-range GT car that was turned into luxury GT without changing the base design too much?

Engine:
* High power output, would’ve been fine if it weren’t for the massive turbo spool lag.
* A mixture of 15 for fuel doesn’t seem realistic at all for any car that isn’t a shitbox
* The throttle response is basically potato for a V8

Caraxes Ballista 5517LT by @Ludvig

cc5a51b88b9b1aa65c97db5d73cda8dc537a3892_1_690x394

SOME of the Binning Reasons:
* Did you read the brief?
* 0-60 of 2.4s, is this a Hypercar? 5.5L Boxer 6 making 1000hp. Why? Just why?
* What happens when you don’t put a proper Downforce undertray to a hypercar and also put all wing angles to 100? A lot of oof!
* Air suspensions. Right. This is one of the worst cases of minmax I’ve ever seen. Why? Air suspensions would make sense for a luxury GT car right? Yes. Exactly. Yours isn’t one. It’s a hypercar.
* Congratulations on making a car that looks great stats-wise but would be probably one big nightmare in the real world.

KGB Bernina by @Kyuu77

8590b5854cefc4cc116de38ae4679f45e8bc153b_1_690x388

Main Binning Reasons: Wonky design, not the best bang for the buck, high power output that makes no sense with the rest of the car.

Design:
* Why does it look like a glorified premium sedan from the font? The rear seems rather fine, but the front… just why?
* Use of some fixtures all around the car but the side seems like it was barely touched.

Car:
* Again, one of those entries that managed to get deceivingly good stats everywhere, but are straight up minmax when compared to real life choices
* Staggered tyre setup but also tight af suspension tuning (also active comfort springs). You got 68 comfort, doesn’t mean everything you did here was right.

Engine:
* 6.5L V12 alone was fine, why Turbocharge it? What’s with turbocharging already large engines? This engine without forced induction alone would’ve made enough power without that horrendous spool lag.
* I’m not sure about the 793hp power output mate. If you were going for something like a Brabus or an Alpina, rest assured that your car doesn’t drive, look and most importantly feel like any of these.

This concludes the prelims of AGC8. Detailed reviews and insights of the cars that have passed on to the finals, will be up soon. Please be patient as we’re trying our best to push out the reviews while attending other challenges and also maintaining our lives :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Ah well, not as bad as I thought it would be. I did actually design this car from scratch, including the engine, but whatever. Was fun none the less! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You actually did pretty well aside from what we pointed out. Remember, just because your car can run lean doesn’t mean you’re supposed to make the AFR that low. Many shitboxes run richer than that. As for the design, all I can say is, it’s not segment-correct. But it’s a good design nonetheless :smiley:
Best of luck and cheers!

Thanks, good luck to all the remaining contestants!

aw damn, that’s kinda sad
i probably should’ve done a better job at making the bottom lights look seamless, or just collaborated with someone else to design the car lol
anyway
congratulations to everyone who didn’t get binned! and good luck!

1 Like

Wait… the engineering was good enough on the Paris Hilton smiley woohoo car to get it through…?

You need to ask yourself whether you sent me the car file first :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmmmmmmmmm… tbf I can’t remember lol, either way, the back looked half decent and the front was the Paris Hilton woohoo…