The Automation Gamer Challenge [NEW THREAD]

How do I lock threads? :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

long silence
You have my salute…

Disney is watching you

This is going to be a very quick update, mainly because I only had the 2 entries.

Both of the entries were exactly the kind of thing I was looking for, however one of them truly scared me in its eroticism. It was quite hard to pick between the two cars as they both looked good tbh. Overall I just preferred the look of @Mikonp7 's entry so I will give them the win

5 Likes

Well then. Let me cook something up

3 Likes

AGC 10 – 6000 Rounds per Minute: Rearmed

It’s the new year at Speedco. People are coming back from Christmas vacation and overall productivity slowly gets back to normal levels. After the success of “Apex Racing: Sunrise” last year the game developer not only got a healthy dose of cashflow from the sales, but also their publisher “Digital Creations” are ready to invest into the American studio again.

With the new budget the company voted against a new part in the “Apex Racing” series. This time they rather want to reboot an older series which was a fan favorite in the early 2000’s but never got an HD successor. The fact that also the new console generation is already just around the corner made this decision even easier. The next big game is going to be “6000 Rounds per Minute: Rearmed”. This time not only the Community can help populate the game with vehicles and characters but also Freelancer will be payed for their submissions.

The game itself: “6000 Rounds per Minute” is a series of Vehicle Combat games which started in 96 and ran until 2004. The old games consisted mostly of 12 characters battling it out on wide open maps with their fitting vehicles. Vehicles spawn in without weapons and had to pick them up on the map, there was also a special weapon for every character.

This Reboot aims to take the old core gameplay and bring it into the new age. The game will still feature designed characters with some basic lore and fitting vehicles. Instead of just a free for all mode, this game will feature a small story section but will mostly focus on the online mode. The online mode will consist of a Race mode in the Style of a kart racer, a Deathmatch mode and the obligatory Battle Royal mode. The setting will be set in 2025 where drivers fight it out in the “Drivers Legends Royal” a League run by global oil company “Schmierig CO.” Drivers will be separated into three categories “Spear”, which will be mostly fast cars with less armor, “Shield” which will be slower cars with more armor and “Archer” which will feature stronger abilities (Like healing teammates or providing supplies). Drivers will start matches without weaponry so the submitted cars don’t need guns attached to them.

While it is not mandatory, it is highly requested to add some character lore to your submission. It doesn’t need to be book but something along the lines of “Hey this is the car of BootyMcBoatface. He was a sailor once. Now he drives a landyacht and wants to earn money for his own yacht. Ultimate is an anchor which he hooks other people with and drags them along for damage". So, a name, some character lore and their abilities would be good. The studio can come up with some of their own, but they would prefer to not spend a lot of time with that.
Best design gets Cover and will be the face of the game.

So TL;DR
Send me a car in the style of Twisted Metal, Vigilante 8, Crashday, Carmageddon.
Car choice is all up to you and there are no restrictions. Just make sure they are fitting your character and fit into one of the 3 classes. Putting some sponsor stickers on it would be also good.

Class examples:
Spear : Hypercars, Light Buggies, Hatchbacks, Sportscars
Shield: Muscle Cars, Trucks, Vans SUV’s
Archer: Service Vehicles, Foodtrucks, Semis, Limousines etc.

Stats doesn’t matter. You want your car to be powered my Nuclear Power? Fine by me. Cars also don’t need to be modern. You can totally send in your 60’s muscle car, 90’s JDM icon or your sweet Restomod.
Just make sure that cars are not airborne (Sounds weird but flying cars are not allowed by the League. Hovercrafts are fine)

The only real requirement there is for your submission is: Write some character lore.
Every vehicle will get their own fitting character with own abilities and story. I am expecting at least a name and ultimate. More lore and thought out character = More plus points. Character will be in the style of League of Legends, Overwatch, Paladins, so non-human characters are okay.

Inspiration:

grafik

grafik

Cars must be submitted in the normal format
Model name: AGC10 - (your username)
Trim name: Car Name
Engine name: AGC10 - (your username)
Engine trim: Something

Submissions will open at the 31st January

Deadline 14th February 23:59 GMT+1

I will answer any question of course.

16 Likes

Awesome!
In terms of the hypercars, what “armour” do we have to design? Is it just a few rivets here and there, bolted windows and a fancy cover for the engine? Or can we just submit your generic hypercar.

It would certainly give you plus points if you would. Slap some sponsors on that bad boy too, to make it look more like a offical League vehicle

3 Likes

Ay, so something like this, but reinforced and stickered :wink: i have no idea what im doing

10 Likes

Submission are Open, yeet

4 Likes

Unrelated but wow does your car look good. @Sky-High

Maybe I’ll see if I’m free sometime this week to enter this round…might have a crazy idea that can work somehow…and maybe I’ll break the streak of being eliminated in prelims. XD

2 Likes

Amaterasu Regula 3.4GTR - 血月

Character

Driver name: 血月"Blood Moon"
Character name: Natsuki Tachibana / Natalie Brandt
Origin: Japan
Class: Spear
Driver Number: 88
Character Backstory: Masked racer of the East, Blood Moon’s real identity is the illegitimate daughter of Lord Tachibana, the head of Tachibana Enterprises; Natsuki was trained to serve the Tachibana family from birth. Everything from taking care of them (from cooking, cleaning, general maintenance) to defending them(martial arts, weapons training, defensive driving). And she was great at it, all while being loyal to the family that she had not known was her own. However this all changed when her older half brother, Akihiko Tachibana, had betrayed the family and burned down their estate to take over the family assets. In their last moments, Lord Tachibana revealed her lineage, and pushed her to take revenge and the rightful leadership of what is left of the Tachibana clan. She is now driven by revenge, utilizing her skills for whatever may get her closer to her goal. Her skills are currently contracted out for the participation in Drivers Legend Royal, for the prize money to fund her hunt for vengeance. To keep her future prospects safe, she has donned a mask and races under with an alias. With her skills and revenged focused mindset, Natsuki proved herself to be a highly dangerous driver to face in DRL.

Character Design summary: A fusion of popular character tropes with a marketable character design, combined to a distinct and unique gameplay mechanic. As can be expected of a character of her type, her lines will be of edgy, dark and broody flare, with some Japanese phrases sprinkled in. Weebs love that shit.

Vehicle and Gameplay

Vehicle: Amaterasu Regula 3.4GTR
A Japanese sports car with racing fame, Blood Moon’s in particular is heavily modified to go fast, and go sideways. It is powered by a heavily boosted 3.4L Inline 6, with enough power to constantly light up the rear wheels in smoke. Not an easy car to control despite having very impressive agility, but boasts high acceleration and top speed to make up for it. It is however, lightweight and has lower armor, making it unideal for taking on prolonged battles.

Passive Abilities:
Drifting blade - While drifting, sliding into another vehicle will deal increased ramming damage, reduce incoming ramming damage taken and deflect projectiles that hit the rear half of her car

Momentum - Drifting loses less speed than usual

Ultimate:
Akai Mikadzuki (Red Crescent)- Drifting gives a speedboost while ultimate is active. Gives intangibility to the vehicle, allowing Blood Moon to pass right through opponents and slice their vehicles for massive damage while also reflecting projectiles back to the shooter. Short duration - think 5 seconds active time, regardless of rather you drift or not.

Gameplay summary: A highly technical, close-combat Spear class character, Blood Moon drives a heavily modified RWD import tuner that features high acceleration with lower grip, ideal for holding slides. Key to this character will be mastering precise drifting, as sliding into others will be a high source of additional damage, while holding slides will be required to mitigate incoming damage from beefier foes while staying in close proximity. Her Ultimate deals large amounts of cleave (piercing) damage, perfect for crowds, plus a speed boost and ghost effect for overtaking in the corners or turning an opponent’s ram against them. It’s stacked and powerful, but also can be easily wasted with poor timing and cornering.

For beginners, Blood Moon will be a difficult character to utilize, especially in tighter areas as keeping drifting will be key to dishing out damage and survival. Getting stopped or having to stay straight will be a definite weakness for her, both of which being common mistakes a beginner would do with her. An experienced player should be able to utilize the her abilities anywhere on the map, weaving through the combat zones. With a stylish and high skill ceiling ability set, players would be incentivized to git gud.

Additional Images

Unmasked and Masked:

33 Likes

Oh wow.

oh dear

MEN BRAP “86th Airborne”

The Car: The Bulldog

Vehicle Summary

A modified MEN Bomb Resistant Armor Protected (BRAP) used by the 86th Airborne Division of the Polish Military. Fitted with a 400hp 4.6L inline 5 Nishima Heavy Industries Multi Fuel System Engine, the BRAP can still move if heavily damaged. The BRAP is also fitted with a manual gearbox for a true drivers experience.

Gameplay Summary

…its a big battering ram…

The Bulldog is a hulking Shield Class. Unmatched in raw power, the Bulldog is slow to accelerate, slow to turn and massive target. Strongest at the front, weakest at the rear, the Bulldog is a dedicated battering ram.

Passive: Built Like A Tank

The Bulldog is able to shrug off critical damage. This ability only activates once per match.

Ability: Reactive Armor

The Bulldog gains invulnerability for a very short period of time and any vehicles that collide with the Bulldog take get stunned for a short duration. Has a very long recharge.

Ultimate: Bayonet Charge

The Bulldog gains a monumental speed boost propelling it forwards with a sonic boom. Anything in the path of the Bulldog is dealt massive damage and knockback. Any vehicle not directly in front of the Bulldog , but caught in it’s wake will be stunned for a short duration. Long recharge.

Tactics

While the Bulldog is slow to accelerate, it is by no means a slouch. Use it’s sheer size to muscle opponents out of the way. In the Race mode, use “Bayonet Charge” to gain a quick speed boost either to move up the field or to gain a considerable lead. Drifting is important to maintain speed as the Bulldog will lose much more speed without it. In deathmatch/battle royale, use the Bulldog’s large health pool to face tank opponents. Be careful to not be flanked or surrounded otherwise expect to take lose health quickly. Using “Reactive Armor” with “Bayonet Charge” is a good way to escape from a dangerous situation, however be aware of your surroundings since charging straight into a wall is a surefire way to get killed.

The Driver: “The Big MEN”

So I drew him properly…

Driver Summary

Full Name: Wiktor Damian Klemens Julian Oskar Janik Łukasz Mieczkowski Galat Krzesisław A.Szydlowski
Nationality: Polish
Entry Number: 86

Backstory

Born into nobility, Wiktor Damian Klemens Julian Oskar Janik Łukasz Mieczkowski Galat Krzesisław A.Szydlowski was one of the descendant Great Knights that charged into battle in Vienna in 1683. Hoping to live up to this honour, Wiktor Damian Klemens Julian Oskar Janik Łukasz Mieczkowski Galat Krzesisław A.Szydlowski joined the military, quickly rising up the ranks. He would eventually become commander of the crack special forces team, the 86th Airborne. However, being a commander in peace time left Wiktor Damian Klemens Julian Oskar Janik Łukasz Mieczkowski Galat Krzesisław A.Szydlowski unable to gain the honour he wanted. As such he turned to street racing in the mountains and would eventually find his way into the “Drivers Legends Royal" where he hopes to find the honour he’s been looking for.

27 Likes

REAPER Presents

TRIBUTARY

What is it?

It was leftover code. We think. Something.
It has become a tribute to a fallen driver, a fan favourite, an anomaly.
This is the Tributary, a Heavy, Hard to turn, but fast on the line Truck.

How Does it play?

The Tributary is a Shield class vehicle, with a very, very low handling rating, but a high top speed, and high acceleration. It is all about rocketing it's way down a fast straight, and hoping you stop in time for the corner.

What are the Abilities?

Passive: Hard Charger The Tributary gains additional boost speed when within 25% of it’s maximum speed in race mode, or gains additional damage reduction when at 25% of maximum speed in battle mode.

Active: Dead Stop When activated, The Tributary increases the force of it’s braking power by 100%, allowing the speed of the stop to become a dangerous offensive ability, dealing damage to anyone who collides with The Tributary.

Ultimate: Ram Charger When activated, The Tributary launches itself forwards for a very brief time. Any vehicle struck takes massive damage, however The Tributary also takes 25% of any damage dealt at the end of the Ability.

Who Drives it?

D.i.f.D is a robotic system created by REAPER TECHNOLOGIES INCORPORATED:tm: to drive and behave like NASCAR legend [REDACTED]. The System is being trialed here to see how the System handles adverse circumstances, and if it passes required checks, will be implemented into other series. Now, to hear from D.i.f.D themselves.

“Greetings, I am D.i.f.D, an Artificial Intelligence created by R-REAPER TECHNOLOGIES INCORPORATED, I have been designed to Race, and D̷̰̰̺̹̜͆͗̽̿͋͌̇͑̕̚É̷̡̡͓̻̺͕̙̝͈͇͉̗͕͖̰͍̬̄̋̏̅̃̒́͂̃̕Ṥ̴̢͕̗̲͔̙͇͖̳̗̪͙͔̣̎̆̏̈́̄̀́̚͜T̴̢̨̟̻̻̺̬̣͇̗̣͍̗̞̜̿̏̈́́̅̔̄͋̐͘̕R̷̛͔̠̲̠̯̦͍͍̬͖͖̂͑̂̈́͒͂̑͐̃̈́̑̕͝O̶̼͖̦͔̩̔̑̽̌̃͋̔͠Y̸̨̺͇̺͓̮̻͕̰͕̗̊̀̏̑̂̾̓͆̈́͛̿͊̇̈́͝ ̴̡̢̢̙̺̥͚̩̜̙̹͖̱̌͛́͒͗̃̈́͑͜͜ͅT̶̡̛̛̮̰̬͇̟̬͈͚͔̠̭̞̹̲̙̀̈͒̈́͑̓͝͠͝Ḫ̶̨̨̤͓͍͈̣͖͉͕̭̫̮̓͌͂̃̈́̍̀͘͜ͅẺ̵͇̞͖͖͍̈͗͛̀̀͑̂́̄̚̚ ̸̡͍̯̤͍̘̘̤̻̹̜̑̔̎̓̒̀ͅͅĆ̶̨̨̨̛̥͎̲̖͈̬̣̓̋͆̈́͌̕͝ͅO̴͕͚̟̫̱̙̼̹̤̫̰̠͇̗̣̒́̀̔̽̒͂̌̔͑̕̕̚͘ͅM̸̡̞͙͋̑̈́̈́̈̒̃͘P̸̧͕͕̠̩̹̘̙̦̪͉͚̳̍̄͒̽͂͠E̴̡̛̹͌̀́͌͘T̶̡͔͔̠̦̹̞̫̼̜̥̟̼̓͛̓̓͐̾̽Ḯ̵̢̖̥̦͚̳̘͈͖̝̙̬̲͕̺̝̐̈̄͂̈́̃͂̅̿̅͘̕͝͝T̸͕̻̰̀̈́̄̎͌̐̐͌̉̈́͐̋͝I̷͙̞͎̯̥̲̖̽͂̈͌͋̽͂̾̾͘͘͜͜͝Ơ̸͙͚͎̰͍͓͕̗̜̥͖̠̿̀̋̀̎̾̓͌̓̈́͌̿̃͝Ņ̶͚̖̱̫͚̩̯̱͈͍̰̤̠͈̍͘͠ ̸̧̛̥͔̲̦͕̮͔̙̿̒͆͜͜W̶̡̛͇̘̜̯͕͈̯͋͋͜Ì̸̢̧̛͕̜̭̳͉͊̀͋̿͛͝T̷̡̨͓͔̜͚̭̘̭͖̙̯̠̰͂̉̃͐̄͌̓͛͌̈́̈̍͒͂͜͠H̷̨̦͕̻͚̩̗̭̹̗̬̹͑ͅ ̶͕͗͊͑͂̄́̋̓̍̍͆͊͒͊̃̚̕N̶̢̜̙͈̪͉̮̝͔͉̼̤̖̥̻̳͆̊̓̅̃͂̽̈́ͅÔ̷̥̤͕͚̩̦̲̼͂̔͂̀̏̈́̅̌͘ ̴͔̞͉̮̦̼̦̠͈̞̻̽̐́̄̓̅̊͐̔̆́͘͘͝͠Ȑ̸̡̬̜͎͈̥̻̯͉̜̫̼́̋̀͐̄̓͜Ȩ̶̧̨̩͔̖̭̯̽̊̐͐̕M̶̡̛̖͎͈̱̠̫͉͔̼͗͘ͅͅO̵̢̺̮̟͔͆̎̉͗Ȓ̸̡͈̮̟̩̥͚̣̞̜̝̦̞̅͐̆͌͌͐̋͘͠͝ͅͅS̵̗̱̱̭͆̊̓͐̈́́Ḛ̵͎̾̂͐́̇̐̄̄̂͛̕͝. Thank you for understanding, I hope we may fight fairly on the field of Chaos.”

5 Likes

What does “cba” mean?

Cock & Ball Annihilation

17 Likes

Hhhhh, lol.

In all seriousness cba means “can’t be assed”

1 Like