The Beginning of Peace

The Beginning of Peace

Quentin and Audrey have had a challenging time as a couple, during the Great War Quentin spent much of the time on the front line as a Major and Audrey spent her years during the war working in the factories to keep munitions flowing to the front lines.

After the war they cam back and readjusted to there normal lives, after working for the rest of their careers they have finally reached retirement age and have decided that they want to enjoy their retirement. They have long wanted to spend time on the Côte d’Azure and now they are retired this is the perfect time to do it.

They have managed to save up $15,000 to spend of a car and want something fast, easy to drive and comfortable that is suitable for driving their grandchildren around when they come to visit. As they are retired they are looking for something with a bit of flair and style, whilst not being too difficult to maintain.

Quentin and Audrey have made a checklist of things that they need from their new vehicle:

• Can use any fuel
  • Must use road legal tyres (no semi-slicks)
  • Minimum of 4 seats
  • Cost less than $15,000
  • Cargo volume of over 400L
  • Greater than 35 Engine reliability
  • Greater than 45 Trim reliability
  • Less than 23 engineering time for the engine
  • Less than 28 engineering time for the trim
  • Less than 85 production units
  • More than 10mpg (UK)
  • Less than 40 loudness
  • Variant and trim year maximum of 1960

That being said Quentin and Audrey will be making their decision based on the following criteria:

• How comfortable the vehicle is
  • How driveable the vehicle is
  • How appealing the car is visually
  • The 0-100kph time
  • The top speed of the vehicle
  • How safe the vehicle is
  • The value for money of the vehicle
  • How quickly Quentin can drive around the Automation Test Track in Beam
  • How quickly Quentin can drive around the West Coast USA Long Race Circuit in Beam

Note: I will be doing the driving

Submissions need to be submitted by the 9th November 21:00 UK time which is found at this countdown timer.

Please submit in this format:

Model: BoP [Username]
Trim:
Engine model: BoP [Username]
Variant:

6 Likes

I’ve not done a classic before but I’ll definitely give it a crack!
Time for an alternative brand…

I assume any fuel means low-quality?

1 Like

Do you want our submissions to be late 50’s authentic? Or, so long as we squeeze the design into the engineering budget, is any design acceptable?

Do you mean for the cars to be lore inspired?

:smirk: Want me to stuff some new things on your rear end again?

1 Like

No, I mean does Flamers want the cars to have period accurate suspension, engines and tyre choices or is he unconcerned about those details…

Any fuel means that you can use any type you wish, I’m not limiting it

And yes, period accuracy it what I am after so a car that has a 500hp v16 wouldn’t be very accurate :wink: Quentin is looking for a road car not a prototype

Aaaww, but I was just thinking about 1 more v16 for this

I was asking Flamers, sorry

1 Like

:laughing:, my bad, sorry about that!

1 Like

Steady on, at least take me to dinner first xD

But sure, ill get a chassis done tonight or over the weekend and send it your way.

@HighOctaneLove must be slacking… looks like I’m in first.

1960 Darvin Lion Royal

Meet the top-of-the line Lion model. The Royal is powered by a 333 cubic inch V8 engine, sourced from Toledo Ironworks, and given the Darvin touch. It’s called the “WhisperTorque”, and you will tell from just one drive why it has earned that moniker.

Inside, you’ll find unsurpassed luxury touches such as full leather seating, an automatic transmission with overdrive, air conditioning, power steering, and genuine walnut trim.

And it’s all yours for less than you think.

Darvin Motors Ltd., Melbourne, Australia.

6 Likes

Haha, it certainly seems that way… :thinking:

Actually I’ve trialled three different approaches to this competition (small luxury, sports coupe, sports sedan) but none seem to fit. My biggest concern is that handling and comfort are equally weighted and I cannot make a good handling, yet comfortable, car that doesn’t scull gasoline like an Aussie on friday evening.

I just cannot get a mental picture of what works for this competition, sigh :confounded:

1 Like

1960 Bogliq Torc S

Torc%20S
The Torc S was the Motorsport oriented variant of the Torc range

With the introduction of the new, and larger, Bastion in 1960, Bogliq of Europe decided to leverage the new car and produce a quasi-luxury variant with uprated interiors, engines and body styling. The result of this project was the Bogliq Torc, a Bastion which went to finishing school.

The Torc range started with a 2L inline six, a sports tuned 2L six and a 3L V8. The small and large Alpha fours from the Bastion were dropped due to a lack of prestige and the threat of cannibalised Bastion sales.

On the day that Quentin and Audrey visited their local Bogliq dealership, a dazzling Cream coloured Torc S is waiting on the forecourt, making puppy eyes at all who lay eyes on her, begging for someone to take her for a long drive, never to return to the dealership again (apart from scheduled servicing, :laughing:).

11 Likes

I’m gonna go to an eye doctor tomorrow, seems like I am now seeing blues as beige instead.

3 Likes

Man I’d have just the car for this already from my lineup but that production units limit is killing me, as stripping out the technology in that car that makes it use 95 production units is the technology it competes on–an overhead cam engine, fully independent suspension, radial tires. It’s not like they couldn’t afford to buy it, as I’m $5000 under budget and could pile on some really nice options.

I’ve got an(other) engineering concept if anyone wants to collab with styling. Shoot me a PM with an example pic of something you’ve styled, preferably for this era.

Those punks at Darvin played a hell of a practical joke, stealing a batch of Bogliq Blue and replacing it with Sahara Beige…

3 Likes

1960 Meijer Flevo GT-V

Introducing the 1960 Meijer Flevo GT-V, a sports/GT car with 2,5L I6 produced and designed in the countryside of Drenthe.

4 Likes