The BRC is dead... [NEW CHALLENGE DISCUSSION]

Clearly I need more power! And cornering. And maybe wider tires (205/225 now). Good news is I wasn’t dead last. I was next to last. lol

You do realise pyrlix is running a 4.5 ton bus right? :stuck_out_tongue:

If it helps you reach some sort of target, my car finished 4th, had 245/30 tyres front and rear, weighed exactly 1000kg, had about 330bhp and was AWD. However, your car certainly looked a thousand times better than mine

Some minor improvements in the Video would be nice.
should start 10s before the racestart. So you dont have to pause the video to find yourself.
video should end ~10s after last car crosses the finish line.
should display statistics - e.g. "fastest laptime by in lap with "

Yeah, especially the ending needs to be dealt with to give you some time to at least pause the video :slight_smile:

[quote=“Reaper392”]Der Bayer, is it possible for next time to have the race run until all cars have crossed the line next time? This one ended as soon as the leader finished, which probably denied a few people a last lap battle

edit
I’ve just noticed that rileybanks seems to be listed in the wrong position judging by the marker’s position on the map and the distance behind figure at the end of the race. Not sure what would cause that though[/quote]

The video ended when mer_at finished the extra lap after the real finish and everyone else was over the line before. The gap when crossing the line counts, not the distance a few minutes after the finish. Rileybanks’ position was off at some point, yes, but it fixed itself again when the other guys in front of him crossed the line. I gotta check that out of course.

Sure, stick a needle in my balloon! Big meanie. Couldn’t let me have one iota of comfort. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Reaper392”]

If it helps you reach some sort of target, my car finished 4th, had 245/30 tyres front and rear, weighed exactly 1000kg, had about 330bhp and was AWD. However, your car certainly looked a thousand times better than mine[/quote]

Yet I fail in aesthetic design challenges as well. Boy howdy, I should find another hobby! haha

wahahahaha I am merciless!

[size=50]But in all seriousness I actually seriously made a car I thought was supposed to battle for the podium so it’s not like my car did all that well now, but all in the name of developing a good simulation![/size]

[quote=“strop”]wahahahaha I am merciless!

[size=50]But in all seriousness I actually seriously made a car I thought was supposed to battle for the podium so it’s not like my car did all that well now, but all in the name of developing a good simulation![/size][/quote]

It’s been completely redisigned. The Not-Lotus body has a serious limitation on tire sizes though!!!

I will be fixing some car performance bugs during the next days, so don’t expect to much new stuff soon. :slight_smile:

Damn, I always seem to draw the short straw on crashes, how are they incalculated? :confused:
How will the tyre wear affect the races? Will cars who are leaner on the tyres be able to drive more aggressively before pitting if chosen, or will they retain grip better?
can’t complain about the results though :stuck_out_tongue:

As long as you cannot choose tyre profiles and as long as there are no pit stops, the more tyre-friendly cars will maintain high grip levels longer. Everything else is a bit more work, but will probably happen in the future.

Crashes are currently purely random.

edit: just found a big bug regarding air resistance, punishing the higher downforce cars too much.

Lol my car got double punished xD considering that the result was quite astounding!

crushes strop’s car with a 4.5t brick-van as a 3rd punishment

Oh, punish me harder!

[size=50]you still won’t be able to catch me[/size] :stuck_out_tongue:

So, I should gain another 1-1.5 secs a lap?

[quote=“strop”]Oh, punish me harder!

[size=100]you still won’t be able to catch me[/size] :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

[size=200]I might!![/size]

I just gained 6 seconds. (If it is allowed in)

My driver didn’t do to well. I would do some revisions but I just can’t wait for the next update to come out.

Oh wow, how did I miss this? I clearly need to visit this part of forum more often. Really cool stuff. This seriously needs to be multiplayer mode in the future.

I beg you to make an Open Class for this race. Say only limit us to using Basic Safety (rollcage and racing harness)? and see how fast we can all really go!
… also I’ve made a supercar called the Senza Limiti, which literally means Limitless. I’d like to enter it into this race, but if it’s got limits I may as well call it the Senza Indizio, which means Clueless haha

Senza Indizio isn’t the proper translation for clueless. It should be “Incompetente” :wink: