The BRC is dead... [NEW CHALLENGE DISCUSSION]

This is true. A better translation would be “no clue” or even better “without clue”. But I translated to Clueless for a bit of satirical uniformity in my words, I guess haha
But all that aside, that’s not the point. The point is on Open Class would be awesome

Out of curiosity, is anybody else on the grid with an FWD entry.

EDIT: wait a minute. Tire wear is rapidly going to become unmanageable on the front end of my car, given the weight distribution and the extreme forward bias on the aero.

Oh dear.

[quote=“AshleyBlack”]I beg you to make an Open Class for this race. Say only limit us to using Basic Safety (rollcage and racing harness)? and see how fast we can all really go!
… also I’ve made a supercar called the Senza Limiti, which literally means Limitless. I’d like to enter it into this race, but if it’s got limits I may as well call it the Senza Indizio, which means Clueless haha[/quote]

This is a beta test for tuning the parameters of his calculations and to test new features as he adds them. Perhaps once it is balanced with the current setups, then there will be an actual challenge. Until then, it needs to be tested with limited user parameters. It’s more realistic for users to submit their own creations, but ideally this would be initially done (and he probably did this part without us) to run an IROC style race so all the cars are equal. This is known as baby-steps. You have to learn to crawl before you learn to walk. This AI system is learning to crawl. :wink:

Haha. You can make it work Sayonara :smiley:

Probably I didn’t saw it but is there any release date or is it actually going to be released as a program?

The program wont be released because it contains the actual game code for the track simulation. As for a release date, “when its ready” is all we know for now

[quote=“Reaper392”]

The program wont be released because it contains the actual game code for the track simulation. As for a release date, “when its ready” is all we know for now[/quote]

But we’ll probably work with Der Bayer to put some of it ingame eventually too, that’d be sweet…

That is very cool.

[quote=“Daffyflyer”]

The program wont be released because it contains the actual game code for the track simulation. As for a release date, “when its ready” is all we know for now

But we’ll probably work with Der Bayer to put some of it ingame eventually too, that’d be sweet…[/quote]

Hell yeah!!! :astonished: Imagine being able to simultaneously test all your proposed builds for the forum comp at one time, all together!!! :sunglasses: :ugeek: :sunglasses: :ugeek: :sunglasses:

*fade out with John Lennon’s “Imagine” playing in the background"

[quote=“Daffyflyer”]

But we’ll probably work with Der Bayer to put some of it ingame eventually too, that’d be sweet…[/quote]

I’m a little bit confused, is it goning to be released implemented to Automation or is it going to be released when its done? If it’ll be released as a program it’ll contain the code of the game?

[quote=“kutay25”]

[quote=“Reaper392”]
The program wont be released because it contains the actual game code for the track simulation. As for a release date, “when its ready” is all we know for now[/quote]

I’m a little bit confused, is it goning to be released implemented to Automation or is it going to be released when its done? If it’ll be released as a program it’ll contain the code of the game?[/quote]

Sorry, I meant that the program wont ever be released to the public, but all we can say for when Daffyflyer will run these competitions is “when its ready”.

Well it sucks big time that we aren’t getting this to the public and if we ever want to run a race, and i mean a proper race, for a community event we need to rely on another person :frowning: But i do get your point why you aren’t going to make it public.

I think there is a big, wait and see, on this topic.

Just let DerBayer work on this. Trust him. For he has not failed you… the young…Padawan.

[size=150]Little Dev Update: LÖVE Porting[/size]

Hey guys,
I want to show you the progress which has been done during the past few weeks: youtu.be/f1wpya8pRuU

Please share your thoughts and ideas! :slight_smile:

What a great job! The images are great and the sounds too. :slight_smile:

I guess that putting the original sounds of the cars would be too noisy, right?

Thanks!

Regarding the engine sounds: It would be great, yes. But a) I have no idea how to do that and b) I don’t know how that would influence the performance.

[quote=“Der Bayer”][size=150]Little Dev Update: LÖVE Porting[/size]

Hey guys,
I want to show you the progress which has been done during the past few weeks: youtu.be/f1wpya8pRuU

Please share your thoughts and ideas! :slight_smile:[/quote]

That’s amazing! Much easier on the eyes and seems to run smoother as well!!!

Max props to you Mr Bayer!!! :sunglasses: :ugeek: :sunglasses: :ugeek: :sunglasses: :ugeek: :sunglasses: :ugeek: :sunglasses:

Wow, real time? Now that is a mega change.

Great Improvements, especially on the performance part I imagine. That will make things much easier to compute.

Minor suggestion/addition:
Would it be possible (after pitstops are available) to have tyre wear also due to crashes and/or to have a chance to blow the tyres if the wear gets greater? This would then ideally also force a pitstop for repair and refit.