The Car Shopping Round 136 - New Millenium, New (old) Beginning - ENDED

Congrats @GassTiresandOil, you surely deserve it!

5 Likes

Congrats to the winner! Well deserved

@ldub0775 - no tags, no spoilers till the winner has seen the post.

5 Likes

I mean, they are tagged in the post, so…

HOLY HELL! GG to everyone who entered, these were truly awesome cars submitted.

I loved this round (retro styling is one of my passions). Thanks @mat1476!

Unfortunately I won’t be able to host next round, and as @abg7 came in second and has already expressed interest, I’ll leave it to him.

I still can’t believe I won lol.

11 Likes

Yeah, that is one that everyone expects. But if you start seeing many tags from many people it kinda gives it away. It’s a long-standing tradition not to do it.

2 Likes

I will gladly accept the offer of hosting CSR 137 - I just need to sort out the theme for it, given that I have more than one idea waiting to be used. Whatever it is, it will be up within 72 hours from now.

As for your entry, it’s clear why it won this round - it was a jack of all trades, falling right in the middle between the sublime isolation of the Ghibli and the rip-snorting demeanor of the Corsair.

10 Likes

This was definitely a fun round. Even though the WaveHammer was far from a hit, I had fun designing it and looking at the other designs. See you all in the next competitions.

2 Likes

I’m with you there, it was super fun designing mine and it was cool seeing others’ take on it

4 Likes

Glad we were able to prove such a good experience with our first hosting. Thank you all for participating, and showing off the design skills. There were a few other ideas left on the table, so we’ll need to go win another one, and I can get back to writing long convoluted stories with a car problem in there somewhere.
Looking forward to seeing what abg7 has in store for the 137.

5 Likes

Told ya, glad you used the I6 :wink:

2 Likes

:grin: Thanks again! My I6 turned out quicker than the V8 I was using anyways.

5 Likes

That’s a gorgeous design, and it deserved to win. Congrats to GassTiresandOil!

4 Likes

The next round is up!

Click here!

4 Likes

A small epilogue for the round.

7 Likes

That’s fantastic thanks! From this video it looks like the Ghimli handles quite well, but it sounds like a friggin vacuum cleaner compared to the others :smiley:

As the only V8-powered car among the top three, my entry (the MAD Corsair GTE) definitely stood out, being a muscle car in a sea of classy coupes and convertibles. And I am delighted to tell you that it, too, accelerated, handled and stopped as well as it could - exactly as I hoped it would be.

The Ghimli had a relatively low performance ceiling, but behaved remarkably well at the limit. The Corsair had all the aggressive handling expected of the car, but the very short gears demanded constant gear changes. Obviously I edited out the bad laps, but it had several with short, or missed shifts in and out of corners and one or two spin outs. Speaking of editing stuff out, the SR1 was exactly the deathtrap I expected from the stats. I think I planted it in every corner at least once. If I remember right, the Ariesa was the only one I didn’t crash/spin/slide on the first pace lap. I did botch Bavarian Bend on the first recorded run (second lap overall), but got the whole lap done in the third take. The other cars had individual quirks, but the top issue was how long it has been since I plugged in my race wheel. Everyone but the SR1 I had the recording done in 4-5 laps tops.

5 Likes

What kind of wheel are you using?

Logitech G920 with the “driving force” shifter.

2 Likes

Because of +4 tires :wink:

2 Likes