The Car Shopping Round 136 - New Millenium, New (old) Beginning - ENDED

HAWKEYE CIRRUS

The new millenium never looked so bright

The Cirrus represents both our legacy and our future. Our famous 4.5l V8 “Meteor” meets the most innovative technologies from the industry, resulting in a pleasant driving experience with the best level of confort and safety.

The Cirrus stands out for being a great everyday car without sacrificing its performance, making it an all-around champion. It’s strength relies on its all new suspension, with IRS and active control, tuned for the best driving dynamics, turning the vehicle into a super stable platform for its 300hp.

Hawkeye. Drive the future

24 Likes

Made my entry… Was happy with the styling… then realised it’s a bit of a neon look-alike…

DURENDAL R2-C

Tracing it’s lineage back to Durendal’s original Mark 2 roadster, the new R2-C offers an immersive driving experience with the comfort and refinement of a proper tourer.

More Pics

EDIT- So apparently, the previous pics taken were of the pre-production prototype. The final production model finalized the breaks for the front and rear fascias, as well as updating the headlights slightly. Pics of the production model shown

here

34 Likes

This is just beautiful.

1 Like

Greenhills Tweed R

Retro looks. Modern amenities. Auto hardtop.

Roof down.

Roof up.

3 Likes

Hope your beauty is LS Swapped :nerd_face:
I am a big fan of the car somehow.

1 Like

2002 Ibis Coyote GT8
Get hauling.

3 Likes

Pretty sure you are done with the car, but if you need help with the engineering I can try to help you if you need a extra hand or 2. I will not enter the csr by myself me and I.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m pretty much done with the engineering on it, too… just tweaking it so I get the most out of everything. If you want to collab on another challenge I’d be more than happy to!

2 Likes

Oki doki, whats your name in Discord btw ?

2 Likes

My Discord name is Armor Motors #2117. You can PM me there any time.

2 Likes

The MAD Corsair is back!

Tired of the notion that American muscle and pony cars have gotten too soft recently? Fear not… The new Corsair is here to restore some old-fashioned law and order to the streets!

All-new for 2002, the latest MAD Corsair perfectly recaptures the spirit of its ancestors and combines it with modern technology for a truly authentic muscle car experience. This great survivor of the muscle car wars is back with a vengeance… Imports beware!

Model shown is Corsair GT in Chrome Yellow with leather seats and aero kit as part of the GTE package.

Standard features include:

• Retro-modern exterior styling that evokes memories of the famed 1972 model, conveying an air of ruthless aggression even when standing still, and especially so when on the move. Don’t worry about rust - the high-strength steel chassis is built to last, as are its fully treated body panels, so expect this car to keep running for a very long time, in the true American tradition. And by the way, we offer a 5-year/60,000 mile warranty across all trim levels for guaranteed peace of mind during ownership.

• A 6.3L all-alloy pushrod V8 delivering 300 horsepower and 345 foot-pounds of torque (on 86 AKI/91 RON regular unleaded!) to the rear wheels via a six-speed manual transmission (or an optional 5-speed automatic) and a limited-slip differential, allowing you to perform a big, smoky burnout with ease. And if you feel the need for speed, it will reach 60 mph in 5.5 seconds, top out at over 160 mph and cover a quarter-mile in just 14 seconds from a standing start.

• 4-wheel independent suspension (dual wishbones up front, multi-link in the rear) tuned to provide a comfortable ride while also retaining enough agility to put the fear factor into any and all known rivals (both imported and domestic) on any twisty back road, or even on a road course. And with 4-wheel vented disc brakes with ABS, plus switchable traction control (stability control optional) you’ll have plenty of stopping power in reserve all the time, every time.

• 4 comfortable seats trimmed in genuine leather, with real alloy trim to lend that 100% American premium feel for the real world, and a high-quality 10-speaker sound system incorporating not just a tape deck, but also a CD player with a 10-disc changer for when the roar of your engine is not enough of an accompaniment for your daily drive. And we haven’t forgotten about safety either - driver, passenger and side airbags are provided as standard along with manual 3-point belts for all four occupants.

Base price for the 2002 MAD Corsair GTE starts from $38,000 (including $3,000 gas-guzzler tax). Please contact your nearest dealer for test drive inquiries and option availability.

6 Likes

Streamliner.
A name common since the 1930s, and in the Raven’s lineup as a prominent GT since the late 1950s, it has evolved with the times, but as we approached the new millenium in desinging the 1997 Streamliner, we took the opportunity to look back at that Mk1, and do our level best to encapsulate it’s aura with the latest in technology and engineering, from the circular headlights, to the full length chrome strip, and the roar of classic 6, 8, and 12 cylinder engines.

Here, the Speed 6 Cabriolet mates classic style with a 3.25l i6 and hard-top convertible roof for a dynamic drive sure to delight whatever the mood.

(Left: 1997 Raven Streamliner. Right: 1959 Raven Streamliner)

3 Likes

2002 Alba Cordillera NM (TC-Type)
A small Roadster with deep roots

A homage to the first model put into production by Alba Engineering, The Cordillera, Made with a mix of the past and present.

With a Naturally Aspirated 3 liter V6 producing a decent 224 hp for the car’s 1440 kilograms of curb weight, It has some sense of speed, Especially considering it’s small wheelbase.

Mated to said engine is an option of a 6-Gear Manual or 5-Gear Automatic.

This specific trim is the TC-Type, Tailored towards Comfort and Prestige in terms of interior options, With high quality construction.

It also manages to go completely free of the Gas Guzzler tax, thanks to the 24.4 MPG it achieves, Allowing it to sell for quite cheaper than some other options.

Starting at 31,100 AMU. (Automatic gearbox for extra 1000 AMU.)

6 Likes

In 1946 Thomas Franklin launched the first car to bear the Cerberus name. Today, in 2002, we have a special edition Cerberus, the 46.

Photo133

4 Likes
Explore the world like it's in its heyday.

The new Lavish Paucity Roadster.

9 Likes

2002 Tiffosì BellaVia Lusso-6

“A classic spider - built for Boomers!”

275 hp - turbocharged I6 - Automatic
36600 $

3 Likes

2002 Watson Ariesa Convertible

15 Likes

Mons Ghimli

Mk2

Updated for 2002, the Mons Ghimli mk2 brings back memories of the golden age of motoring on the freshly built European highway system. Rediscover the pleasure of driving in style and comfort.

More pics and the <ahem> actual convertible

Also available as a convertible.

14 Likes
->Cabrera Centella

18 Likes