The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Oh no! What a terrible, terrible shame. I mean, I guess we’ll just have to settle for something that only does 400 kmh… :wink:

3 Likes

:unamused: you could totally walk faster, life at that pace must be agonizing right

When one has experienced 500km/h, 400km/h must feel, like, glacial.

p.s. am shattered that the new bodies don’t seem to be working, are you sure you can’t get them working @abg7? :sweat_smile: I would really want to offer you a super sexy new Batmobile :joy:

3 Likes

try unsubscribe and subscribe again

First Order Automotive would like to present to you…

LIME!!

It’s got the looks…

It’s got the V12…

Its got bags of Prestige, Sportiness, Comfort and Safety…

Excellent reliability…

And it’s GREEN!!!

And all this comes in at a smidgeon under £180k and we’ll throw in a full tank of petrol for you.

And[spoiler], if all of the “Masters of the Hypercar” fail to submit an entry (fingers crossed),[/spoiler] it’s the perfect car for you!

10 Likes

I’m not sure I’ll get time to enter this round but I’ll put up my entry from CSR25 if anyone wants to use it as a base. I’m sure with a better engine and some refinements it could be a real contender. I’ve put it up in the ‘open car’ thread if anyone wants to use it click here

1 Like

You say so… I doubt that my possible entry would stand a chance against this, exactly because I’m a supercar maker (they’re not hypercars for my standards :stuck_out_tongue:), and supercars tend to be rather expensive. And my cars tend to be even more expensive for their stats…

Hmm, I have an idea though… :imp:

Okay, my 3rd ever entry to CSR and 15+ rounds since my last entry. I should have been studying… let’s say I took a break. So here it is:

2017 Schack GT780 (Atalanta)

Grand Touring, is what this car is all about. Designed with the help of our partner studio in Italy. The design incorporates classic elements with modern soul for a truly timeless shape. Enough to draw looks and subtle enough to drive it sundays to church. Thats the idea of the whole car. It can be driven very fast and it can also driven gentle. It’s a car for the gentlemen.

Under the bonnet sleeps a tamed naturally aspirated V12 reving up to 10 000 rpm and producing at least 500 nm of torque anywhere and 780 hp at it’s peak. The power is transfered by a sequential 7-speed double clutch transmission to all wheels with a 40/60 split. Layed on front double wishbone and multilink suspension at the back. Hold togehter by an all Aluminium chassis and connected to the road surface trough a active suspension. Carbon ceramic brakes. Luxurious hand made interior, infotainment system and advanced safety. ABS, ESP, traction control and launch control. Of course everything can be turned off as you want. This is not a sports car, but we included a downforce package with active wings and cooling flaps just in case.

Other numbers?

And the Nurburgring? 7min 40.5s.
Not fast enough? Well, but you just did a lap stoping by after work, in a suit you wore to a bussines meeting, in the comfort of a Maybach and, most importantly, not almost killing yourself. Next you going to pick up your wife and take her to dinner. In the same car.

Yours for 150.000 $.

8 Likes

So, here’s my idea mentioned before:

#Zavir Volante GT12
Important note - it is NOT a “canon” Zavir build and will never be a part of Zavir lineup, however it might bear a resemblance to “canon” Zavir designs - both published and upcoming - in terms of styling, used engine, other technical parameters or naming.

It is a luxurious super-GT, capable of mid-engined supercar performance on track, yet comfortable, practical and economical enough to be used for all your travels, no matter how long or short they are. Naturally aspirated V12, 7-speed DCT, active suspension - they all ensure the perfect balance between performance and comfort. Elegant styling and dignified sound of a V12 are a perfect match for a true gentleman.

Automation test track: 1:57.78
Price: 155 400$

#####Yay, my first try in the CSR :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Really wanted to make this work, but it has a few too many flaws to be competitive, :laughing:

sigh Back to the drawing board… Who would have thought that supercar building could become tedious! :sob:

5 Likes

#Soulji AGT

Soulji. You’ve probably never heard of them, right? Well, that’s because they never existed before 2010, and this is their first complete car (after many empty promises). Now, Soulji are based out of Gibraltar, and the A is the perfect Spanish (and Gibraltan) cruiser. This model is the Convertible, the AGT. With a Twin Turbocharged V12 making 1003hp and a rather hefty chassis, this is a mean cruising beast. Looks are minimalistic and futuristic, making full use of multicolourable LEDs. The Soulji AGT, on sale now for AM$124,500. Take it or leave it.

3 Likes

Presenting the 2017 Bogliq Coyote GT!!!

Fast yet useable, stylish yet practical, the 2017 Coyote GT ticks all the boxes!

You’ll be turning heads and making waves wherever you go, plus, with class leading fuel economy, you won’t have to pay too much to be the man of the hour…

And all this for $105,800 AU’s… What on earth are you waiting for? :sunglasses:

Buy better, buy Bogliq!

9 Likes

Aw God that Coyote GT looks good :persevere:

1 Like

coming soon The DARKSHINES by DSD

8 Likes

While I kinda struggle to really push up my sportiness and track performance, possibly because I don’t want to get much larger tyres than 265’s due to aesthetic reasons :stuck_out_tongue:
But for now, I’ve got an engine that sounds quite appropriate to the name of the car I’m building!

Thanks @DeusExMackia for passing on the inspiration of recording engine noises in Automation :grin:

1 Like

@4LGE I think there a few others that deserve that thanks, @ramthecowy and anyone else who’s started doing this :grin:

And what a noise that is! Does that mean your car is going to be called the “brwwwWWAAAAAUURUUUUAAAAAN”?

4 Likes

I thought about “Concorde”, like the supersonic passenger airplane, but “brwwwWWAAAAAUURUUUUAAAAAN” is a close contender :smile:
It doesn’t seem to like corners very much. Should’ve expected it with such a turbine under the hood and relatively narrow wheels. Not like the Concorde was very agile, either :sweat_smile:

1 Like

ok. so. I don’t think I can make my GG top tier car lore friendly, and the body that I’d like to use for a mid-tier GG car is not available, which is a shame, because everybody needs a hyper Batmobile.

But I’ll take a modified approach to my top tier car and say it was a draft pitch or something. I can do that.

The question is, with this body:

What’s the maximum rear tyre width you get? I ask because I was working with VMO to refine the bones a bit and suggested the rear be widened to allow up to 395s. vmo said he’d fix it but I have no idea whether he re-upped the body with my settings, and I definitely don’t want to send in a car with the bones altered, that’d probably cause problems (not to mention be technically cheating).

lemme know, I’ll readjust my car accordingly.

5 Likes

I don’t know if you were here when this happened, but for a short while I3 turbos were accidentally a thing, and this was before I3s had sound. So basically it was literally nothing but turbo noise - that’s a true jet!

5 Likes

When it comes to the 2017 Ventnor Bambino, I am inspired by this commercial.

You will find the Ventnor Bambino capable of fulfilling all your needs.

The Bambino is a name resurrected from the iconic supercar of the 1960s, like it’s predecessor, the current Ventnor Bambino takes advantage of the latest technological marvels to provide you with the ultimate driving experience.

The exterior may look tame, but that’s because at Ventnor, we prefer to avoid cluttering our designs and instead focus on what really matters, how the car performs and your own comfort.

At Ventnor, we are renowned for our uncompromising standards when it comes to luxury. Our leather comes from places where barbed wire is forbidden so as to remove the risk of imperfections due to scarred cow hide.

The Ventnor Bambino takes a step away from the conventional supercar wisdom of 17 cylinder 18 liter quad supercharged 12,000 horsepower powertrains and focuses on technology to pave the way.

The Bambino uses the 213 EcoForce made famous by the Petoskey Owosso Police Interceptor. For the Bambino, the engine has been configured to run on premium fuel and to offer higher output while minimizing fuel consumption.

Ventnor: Luxury Redefined.

5 Likes