The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Whatever you do, I hope it’s not the same as the idea I’ve just thought of. Quite a wildcard.

1 Like

I CALL SHOTGUN MOTHERFUCKERS

Ah, not the same then. :slight_smile:

:open_mouth:
:cry:
:crying_cat_face:
:sob:
:dizzy_face:

so shook they temporarily turned into a cat :joy_cat:

2 Likes

At least mine has a cute and squishy face, something that tends to do well in Japan…

if lots of people are going ‘wildcard’ so much that they’re common. then what’s actually a wildcard?

2 Likes

there’s no telling what our versions of ‘wildcard’ mean here.

Well, except mine, as you can see my entry is going to have unholy amounts of cornering. I may not be able to go full strop but by god am I not going to give Takahashi a boring kei car.

as ram said… it’s gonna be a koolkei after all

I might actually do OK on this one.
Omega has 4 Kei models to choose from (only three are 4 seaters mind you) 95 ron is 91 AKI Premium, yes?

NOTE: Those are not the only bodies that meet kei regulations with 4 seats AND the last one is 1.61m wide… which means it doesn’t qualify.

My impression is the box shape is most preferred in real life Japan (e.g. Suzuki Wagon R is the best seller); maximum internal volume (practicality and comfort) within the external dimension limitations is apparently ahead of fuel economy, although I suppose that ultra-boxy design (Honda N-Box?) is perhaps on the extreme end of unaerodynamic.

@LilRedRhyder Kei regulations exclude mirrors while the game factors in mirrors. I made the boxy kei wagon within 1998 regulations, it only looks wider because of the mirrors. This is why I can’t be as strict on width as I am on length.

@Leedar I didn’t mention anything in the rules because I figured I shouldn’t have to. Be realistic.

If the game didn’t use symmetry to create bodies, I would love to have a not a nissan cube body, the cube is my favourite Kei car

Cubes are not Kei Cars (Heck in Japan they stretched them XL7 style to have a third row!). The one my mom drives (and adores) is 4.1 meters long and even the original tiny box mobile was more of a supermini than anything (Bigger than the current generation Micra). To give you an idea just how small wonderful kei cars are, even the current generation fiat 500 is too big by nearly 6 inches in length.

Wow, I may have to change to the legendary Drift Diatsu Mira from Mighty Car Mods, that kei to the city is one car I would own.

The 2000 Kimura Kubik.

Starting at under ¥990,000. or $8,700.

16 Likes

Wow, when the contest is over, I’d love to see a copy of this one. That’s some pretty wicked economy and speed!

Omega presents the 2000 Mk IV Sparrow Comfort+
It might just be too cute, even for Japan.
$11,000 get’s you safety, performance, and family spaciousness.
Seen here in Merlot, also available in Leaf Green, Canary Yellow, Cotton Candy Pink, Pacific Blue, Nero, Super White II, Oxford Red, Lime, Champagne, Bronze Metallic, and Grey.

4 Likes

MY2000 Bogliq Nano Qb

Practical, economical and iconic without sacrificing core Bogliq values such as reliability and affordability… Plus it has a moonroof!!!

All this for $10,000Au’s… come test drive one at your local Bogliq dealer today :heart_eyes::sunglasses::heart_eyes:

Buy better, buy Bogliq

7 Likes

Zenshi Mikli CR-G (MU2) '00

Pint-sized star, now better.
Zenshi Mikli now with 1 more cylinder in the engine, stronger and more efficient.

CR-G trim starts at ¥1,111,370 ($9800)

10 Likes

#2000 Diode A2-b.

Formed in the Late 1980’s by Vinson Dynamics in Japan, Diode manufactured only Kei sized automobiles, like Trucks and Cars. The most popular of these Was the A Line. Semi-offroad capable kei vehicles. Released in 2000, the 2nd generation Facelift, the A2-b is a capable crawler, able to go wherever you want, whenever you want. Variable 4x4 system, raised ride height, and no compromises.

For sale for the Yen equivalent of $9,600

######Note: Vehicle is non-polar.

8 Likes