The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Here’s the stats of my entry… not as extreme as @strop’s, but still pretty sporty IMO: FR drive layout, ~50/50 weight, neutral steering, etc.

1 Like

Wow, Im actually third. I was not expecting that. Congrats to Enry and Leo.

why the fuck does this post gets 10 likes but when i brought this up like 15 rounds ago or so, i was just told “just turn your damn notification off”

.#salty

7 Likes

Liked because it’s true :joy: I might even have been one of those who said turn the notifications off.

On a more serious note, maybe we have reached an unspoken collective consensus that muting notifications is too bothersome. Or something. I don’t know.

1 Like

Are you okay?

No, work is being shit and so is my spelling :tired_face:

2 Likes

CSR47: GrandTouring.com

It’s the year 1995, the dotcom bubble is about to shake the whole economy, and small IT companies started popping left and right at frightening speed. The CEO of a particularly lucky company of this kind, InfoCOM Incorporated, has just struck a great deal for selling his new “Graphcalc9001” software to US schools, and now has quite a bit of spare cash he wants to use for… “business expenses”. Those business expenses being a sublime GT car. A European coupe? An American offering? Perhaps the Japanese? Who knows what will suit his tastes best. It all depends on whether they can satisfy his needs. He wants a stylish car, one that will even improve InfoCOM’s image, possibly one that can make business rivals drop their jaw by how stunning it is. It needs to be delightfully comfortable and easy to drive, and that also means NO MANUALS, he ain’t no European. Performance is also a factor, he doesn’t want a car with a plebian engine that will get beat off the lights by a freaking Yugo. Unlike some daredevils, he cares about safety, a man as important as he is can’t just die in a car accident, nevermind if it was caused by doing 40 over in the wrong lane. He doesn’t need more than 2 seats, at any time, definitely not because his wife divorced him after finding out he was cheating on her with 3 other women. Anyways, your job is to make this middle aged CEO enjoy the best set of wheels possible.

Requirements

The trim year must be 1995, but the platform and engine can be older.

An advertisement is required, our customer is a busy man, he doesn’t have the time to check every dealer in the area. (Just a screenshot of the car with its Automation price will do)

Budget: $55,000 at 100% markup.

Fuel up to 95RON is allowed, using lower grades will not give your car any significant advantage

No “No Mass Production” parts allowed, Limited Production parts are allowed.

ET/PU Limitations:

Trim: 140PU - 100ET

Engine: 105PU - 115ET

Naming convention: CSR47-Username - Car Name - CSR47-Username - Engine Name

# Deadline

##29th of July, 2017, 23:00 (GMT+2)

EDIT: This is the finalized version of the rules.

17 Likes

I have a car made, just waiting on any changes to the rules. Put it this way though, as my company LLA is based out of England, this car can be thought of as tea and crumpets on steroids.

1 Like

I just created a variant of my trusty Albury Crusader II (complete with slushbox!) to suit this rule set. All I have to do now is wait for any changes to the rule set before renaming the model and family accordingly for this round prior to submission - as far as I know, it meets all the requirements stated above.

2 Likes

Stop, i can only cringe at horribly blase cultural stereotyping so much!

6 Likes

It’s time for…

SEW FAWNSEH

2 Likes

I’m English, i’m allowed to stereotype myself…

3 Likes

just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.

1 Like

That’s weird, your CSR idea is pretty similar to the one I have (had?). I suppose there are only so many classes of cars and customers…

3 Likes

I have now edited and finalized the round’s rules, happy building!

tl;dr: Now “No Mass Production” parts are banned, and providing your car’s stats is no longer necessary.

4 Likes

Has it been Ten Years already?
Omega has released it’s 5th generation Grand Tourer, right on it’s usual decade spin cycle.
The 5th Generation Omega Barracuda T-Top.
A powerful all new “Bonaventure” V12 60 Valve engine up front, powering the rear wheels.

We sent her to Green Hell and weren’t disappointed with the 8:36 time she brought us back.
Her 5 speed automatic makes driving effortless, whether you’re laying rubber at the track, or loping along the highway at 75 mph.
Open top cruising freedom without giving up a safety margin, she’ll shrug off even the biggest of today’s SUVs, in a crash.
Active aerodynamics, excellent running gear, and a well sorted suspension keep you on the road in all situations.

Shown here in “Colonial Racing Green”. Also available in Tuscani Yellow, Tsukuba Red, Indigo Pearl Coat, Champagne Life, Lime-onade, Albino Pearl, Midnight Blue, GunMetal Grey, and Bruiser Black.

Just $55,000.
Visit your Local Omega Dealer today!

5 Likes

MY95 Bogliq Ungoliant GT

4.9 sec 0/100km
13.26 sec q/mile
326Km/h top speed

Full leather, timber and brushed aluminium interior
12.99L/100km
$48,800 driveaway… The best part? It’s a convertible!!! :heart_eyes::sunglasses::heart_eyes:

Buy better, buy Bogliq!

8 Likes

When you’re looking for a fast and stylish GT car, it pays to look beyond the usual European, American and Japanese suspects - after all, sometimes it seems like every other wealthy enthusiast has one. With that in mind, Albury Motors of Australia presents the Crusader II 5.7 Touring - a sleek, sophisticated alternative to offerings from other premium brands. So why should you consider it when there are so many other choices available? In a world, reliability - the Crusader has been extensively tested in places as remote as the hot, dry Australian Outback to ensure that hardly anything breaks, even after hundreds of thousands of kilometres. Besides, you wouldn’t expect any Australian manufacturers to build a two-seat sports car, would you?

Yet that’s exactly what we’ve done here, and we’ve given it the engine to match its styling. Under the hood is the latest version of our tried and tested Universal V8, now developing 325 bhp from 5.7 litres. On the inside you’ll find a high-quality leather interior with genuine wood accents, while a retuned adaptive suspension and five-speed automatic gearbox ensure a comfortable yet exciting drive in all conditions. And unlike other Crusaders, this one comes with a discreet lip spoiler instead of a wing for a cleaner, more mature look. Finally, you can specify your own exterior colors and interior finishes as part of the Albury Individual Personalization program. All of this can be yours for just $54,600, including a 100% markup.

6 Likes

Introducing the LLA Dunpala - A British masterpiece to cruise from Monte Carlo to Oxford

From the heart of the LLA design team a new monster was created, The Dunpala. Using a Twin Turbo 4.0 V8, the car accelerates from 0-60 in 5.1s with a top speed of 184 mph. A smooth delivery of all the 519 Hp is achieved with a fabulous 5 speed automatic gearbox. For everyday cruising the luxury interior and entertainment system will let you chill in full leather seats. Finally in case of an accident an advanced safety system called seatbelts will stop you from spilling your mocha-frapa-crapa-chino all over the beige seats (other colours available).

All for $54,400 at 100% markup you should put your order in today.

4 Likes

Garage & Gears '95, Television’s Automotive Correspondent, Dale Ashmore.

Hello! And welcome to Garage & Gears. It’s been 6 years since Mitsushita launched their luxury brand, Cordia and I must say we like them very much. They combined luxurious feature with Japanese reliability and also reasonable price. Their success have been so strong that established German manufacturers have been reconsidering their luxury market strategy. Cordia has to do something to stay ahead.

After shooking the market with the executive Nobile and the luxury compact Aspero. Cordia introduced the luxury coupe Spada to the US market in 1993. We raved about it a lot then. And for 1995 model year, Cordia has updated the car to be even more comfortable, luxurious and prestigious.

The first time we saw the Cordia Spada, we were in awe of it’s looks. Introduced in 1991 as a Mitsushita Spada for Japanese market, it arrived on our shore as a Cordia in 1993.

Outside the car still have the same sleek and stylish body. It’s definitely a Japanese design with it’s simple, functional and very modern design. And it comes with pop up headlights, who could resist such a great feature?

It’s the inside that’s different for 1995. Cordia developed this great new entertainment system for the Spada. Featuring many watts and a lot of speakers. Making this leather clad interior a lot like your personal concert hall. There’s option for both 2 seats and 4 seats available.

The ergonomics’ great. It’s expected from a Japanese company. The seats are electric with memory function, it’s pretty much perfect for every drivers. The steering wheel also moves away making entrance very easy, and it’s also electric adjustable. In fact, pretty much every single thing in this car is electric.

The engine’s still the same one as before. The 25 model have a 2.5 litre Inline 6 engine. While our test car comes with 4.2 litre Inline 6 DOHC Mitsushita 4J-SS motor, producing 320hp. We still have no news of a V8 option. But we can confirm that it’s already quite adequate with the 4J-SS motor. Coupled with 4 speed Automatic, 0-60mph is dealt with in 5.9 seconds, the top speed is limited to 149mph. There’s also a 6 speed Manual option, the same transmission as on the hotter Turbocharged Mitsushita.

It might only be a 4 speed. But the endless torque and horsepower make sure that the Cordia Spada 42 won’t feel slow. The engine also feels buttery smooth as an Inline 6 should be. 50-75mph overtake test is done in 3.3 seconds. Quite good for passing lesser, slower cars.

What’s really important is the recently introduced Mitsushita Active Suspension. MAS as they call it. This highly advance technology use sensors and computers to detect and adjust the perfect ride for you. When you’re going softly, the suspension is incredibly smooth, and yet when you drives like your hair is on fire, the suspension firms up making the ride very controlled.

It’s benefit is clearly seen in the slalom test. With the car cornering incredibly flat. The steering is power assisted, and maybe lacking a bit in feel. But the car will make you turn with a lot of confidence and safety.

In the emergency manoeuvre test, the front end turns very well, and the back end follows very progressively. And as you can see, it corners very flat. But it doesn’t feel like it could do that, the ride is very supple when you’re not going like a maniac.

EPA rating is irrelevant, but if you so wish to know it’s rated at 14 city 19 highway. We somehow average 20mpg on our 100km loop test, but that doesn’t really matter in a car like this.

To conclude. We liked the previous Spada. And we like this MY1995 Spada very much. The old one’s been a great reliable luxury coupe with potent punch and accommodating interior. This 1995 model with optional MAS suspension is the near perfect California cruiser. But if you wish to buy one with all the option as shown, you have to fork out $54,000! For a Japanese car! Is that worth it? Well, imagine if this has been badge as a Bavaria, I would imagine y’all would snapped them up very quickly.

As for it’s rival, there’s the Carlotta U140 Coupe which is a lot more expensive, but also a lot more luxurious, if such a thing is possible. It also comes with a V12 option, which is not an option for the Spada. Maybe it is too high a tier.

There’s also the Bavaria UWOT31, a similarly sleek and stylish coupe. Also available as a V12, however no more powerful than the Cordia. It’s a better drive, however. But also a lot more expensive.

Last but not least is the near 20 years old design, but still feel contemporary and very old world British luxury. Ocelot EXS-12. It’s due to be replace soon, but it’s still a characterful car that we like very much at Garage & Gears.

Incredible, isn’t it? If you had tell an average joe in 1975 that in 20 years time you’d be able to spend 54 grands on a Japanese car, he’d laugh of as if it’s a very dumb joke. Fast forward to today and not only that it’s a reality, it’s also the one worth experiencing.

10 Likes