The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

“Shirt from Tom Ford” – 2001 ad

“[Ford] launched his eponymous luxury brand in 2006” – Wikipedia

:thinking:

(Yes, I know nobody cares.)

3 Likes

Shit. I forgot how uppity suit etiquette gets. And I thought I knew my stuff!

@Leedar Yeah, that was something I noted too. Went for it for how it reads over how accurate it is :joy:

2 Likes

Gamma Roy GLS

Powered by the good low-end torque Kirin engine in it’s 2.2L version generating 140hp.

With enough economy for a general taxi and luxury for a deluxe one.

For $15,200.00 per car you can replace both your general taxi and deluxe taxi fleet for $22,374,000.00, which leaves you with $17,625,000.00 to replace the jumbo taxis.

5 Likes

With the availabe budget, it is possible for the municipality to buy more than 3.500 Ourzazate 1.7 Taxi.

13 Likes

I actually love this advert.

1 Like

That sound in your vid. wow!

It’s named after a Moroccan city, but what matters is that the ad for it is one of the best I’ve seen this round, especially with such a great business plan behind it.

@Rk38 Any chance of an answer to my other questions, or is it meant to be a mystery?

You can read my earlier reply or keep the mystery for yourself.

You’re the one with all the mysteries. I guess I’m not fond of competitions where it is so easy to completely miss the goals of the competition due to massive amounts of hidden information. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

I’m sorry I believed I had answered all your questions. So what specifically did you want to know regarding the challenge?

I’m not seeing too much info to the point that it’s “hidden.” It just seems a little hand-holdish for you to want to make things easier for yourself when others can carry on with the requirements fine.

My comment is more generally about this theme of competition (‘business’) being treated like a ‘subjective’ theme competition. The latter is a typical CSR where there is some fictional individual with their own tastes that you are given hints to, but ultimately are impossible to know with precision. The former should have more hard numbers up front to create a more realistic situation; more comprehensive numbers about market demands, existing fleet costs, etc. so that people can quantitatively approach the competition–it doesn’t have to be purely formulaic, but at least something to grasp on to.

Anyway, that is just my taste. :no_mouth:

You don’t have to participate if you don’t like the rules.

Of course. No comments allowed?

1 Like

Huh?

I’m not saying that you shouldn’t say anything, but I’m just mainly lost in you point of view on this, and, for the most part, it seems that only you are against this current round.

I’m not ‘against’ this round at all. :confused:

1 Like

¯_(ツ)_/¯

People on the internet are very eager to perceive benign opinions as passive aggressive demands… anyway, I don’t care if @Rk38 doesn’t want to answer the questions–I’ll stop talking and go in as blind as everyone else. :sunglasses::+1:

2 Likes

I see what you mean here: if it’s a business brief and numbers matter then more information is required if it’s the major factor.

However that’s also tricky because then we’d probably be lumped with a giant manual of minutiae e.g. since DI is a new tech in 2001 what is the additional difficulty in getting it serviced in Anikatia. It becomes more a number crunching exercise in which interpretation of the conditions are less amenable to flexibility. It would be difficult to run a round in this manner, but does suit some more than others (I note while you weren’t exactly min-maxxing in my Ute round that had some pretty intensive calculations though only one vehicle was being purchased, you did win that round).

Overall I think the onus is on us to pick a strategy and work out what is most compelling. In real terms Lee Eun-Ji isn’t going to necessarily be able to weigh everything up until all the briefs come in anyway.

4 Likes