The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Is any conceivable advantage conferred by coming under budget but not replacing all of the vehicles in any of the markets, or is coming under budget not rewarded at all (should spend as much of the budget as possible)? Also, is the total fleet size fixed?

Well, any business enjoys saving money so of course coming under budget is an advantage but not if it comes at the expense of the fleets quality or capability. You can look at the size and age of the existing fleet and see certain models (eg pre-1990s ones are in dire need of replacement especially given the new government standards for fuel economy and emissions).

The fleet is can be expanded if you wish to present a business plan to that effect but given the less than opportune times of the economic situation, it’s probably not a wise venture. The idea would be to stick with the current fleet size. Perhaps look at the total number of seats.

Well regarding the theme, a business is made up of people, in this case, Lee Eun-ji is the procurement officer and she holds the best interests of the company at heart so you have to read between the lines and work out the best strategy. Yes, I probably could have held off for an extra few days and given you more in-depth details on fleet costs, etc. But I didn’t want things to overcomplicate things or make them too formulaic.

Since CSR always requires a bit more intuition than usual challenges I understand it can be tricky to know what will work but in the end make sure to have some fun and as @strop said Lee Eun-ji and the business won’t know exactly what they want until they look at the briefs that have been sent in.

1 Like

Hopefully Rk38 won’t mind me answering from what I’ve understood, and adding a little bit of what I’ve gathered from own analysis.

First of all, consider the circumstances, the settting. An economic crisis. No one will spend more than they need.

To refer to what I just said, no one will spend more than they need. If you try to sell them a general taxi where some 4000 can be bought with the 40 mil budget, they’ll still buy just the 1000-whatever needed to replace their current fleet and save some cash.

It depends on your strategy, how good value your car is, whether you can convince them to make the tradeoff between running cost and initial investment, what strategy you plan to push (replacing more than one type of taxi) etc

Yes.

I hope that made some sense?

EDIT: I see Rk himself has sniped me lol

1 Like

5 Likes

2001 JHW Xceed 200L

SImple, Economical, Reliable Quality. $10,000 P/U

5 Likes

8 Likes

The life of a taxi can be nasty, brutish, and short. What you’ll need, and what this tender provides, is a complete modernization and resource-utilization program.

The core of this proposal is to replace the majority of the AYMKO service fleet with the Type 266 for $13600 or 1.53M AKO per unit. Retiring in the first phase will be in the entirety
AAU M58
AAU 3075
AAU 2082
AAU 1095B
D-1078
NV-988
NL-992
DHB 3095
High-occupancy vehicles with 30 year old safety protocols are tragedies waiting to happen, and the older sedans are a major contributor to urban smog and congestion. This will reduce the number of supply streams from 8 to 3, cutting down on redundancies while providing the best RoI on part replacement and servicing.

The NB-995 will enter internal courier-service duties until the line reaches operating sunset. Highly built-up environs like Antiytia are not well-suited for their large footprint.
The 3097 series will be privatized, with individual licensors purchasing an annual taxi operations certificate. Continued maintenance and dispatch will be the obligation of the new operators, making the older model net revenue-neutral.
The H-3099 represents a prominent state investment, with viable in-use prospects of several years, and is to be retained in service. The DHB 4000 series of Most Sublime Leader will also be retained in service.

266 floorplan, in Contemporary Resignation.

Designed from the start as a fleet-service model, the 266 provides thoroughly modern features without corner-cutting compromises. At the heart is a 2.5 liter inline six, for years of high-efficiency daily use. While producing 200 horsepower it consumes at the rate of a 750kg micro-car carrying equivalent loads. With an eye toward the future, it exceeds current emissions standards and those anticipated through 2005.

266 front quarter, in Vague Totalitarianism

Fitted with Flexofoam bumper guards to account for very low speed urban collisions, the 266 also has dual-mode airbags, electronic stability, and the full suite of advanced safety precautions. By improving the passenger’s comforts and overall experience, the 266 is intended to draw more fares and higher overall occupancy per kilometer rates than the models it replaces.

266 rear quarter, in Postindustrial Remorse

The amount saved in the initial budget outlay over obsolete models and competing models obsolete from the moment of purchase can be used to further upgrade AYMKO infrastructure. A computerized on-call networking system can be established, reducing a client’s wait time and vehicle idling times. Numbers-matching parts and service packages are also available. The world-class taxi protocol provided herein will reflect well on the city of Antiytia, and facilitate further progress of its visitors and citizens.

Thank you, and have a hyena day.

6 Likes

Got people to move? Move 'em with the GSI MegaMover IX. Designed specifically for the emerging market jumbo taxi industry, it fits eight normal passengers or sixteen really skinny people. And lets face it, when you’re trying to move over a half ton of human sardines up a mountain for the annual animal sacrifice, you’ll be glad you have a punchy 216 horsepower GSI V6 under the hood. We even track tuned the suspension and brakes, because we all know third-world cabbies drive like Michael Schumacher on methamphetamine. Starting at $14,800.

Imgur

6 Likes

When I sent in my entry, I had no idea that Anikatian taxi drivers would be as crazy as that! :grinning:

Then again, if the deal falls through, I can just sell it to ordinary civilians around the world and pitch it as an entry-level family car. It retails for less than $13k without markups, after all.

1 Like

The 2001 Megacorp TV1 SF-8 can replace all the general taxis and jumbo taxis, and a part of the deluxe taxis should it be required. Or replace the first two fleets and leave enough left over for some deluxe taxis. Megacorp Transportation Conglomerate can also recommend keeping the 400 AAU 3097 taxis procured in 1997 and can provide another 400 TV1s in a few years when the 3097s reach the end of their life cycle.

Megacorp Transportation Conglomerate would also like to advise replacing all other aging fleet vehicles with Megacorp branded products. Megacorp Technology Conglomerate can also do the same with the aging computer networks that manage these fleets.

Trust Megacorp Incorporated for your transportation needs. After all, we’re already everywhere else in your life.

19 Likes

Omega Presents
The Galaxy, Fleet Edition

What is Fleet?
In 1996 Omega began funding an in house division specifically to address fleet sales. While Omega has provided quality vehicles with fleet options for decades, it was felt that rather than simply kitting out cars with commercial grade equipment and interiors, Fleet Division would take a more active approach.

Given free reign, Fleet Division designed a series of engines, transmissions and high quality running gear, all aimed at lowered cost per kilometer, improving in service hours through improved reliability, and improved safety through strengthened chassis, improved restraint systems and all weather controlability.

Each design is subjected to Million Mile Testing, at our proving grounds in Shubenacadie, Nova Scotia.
This test heavily focuses on the heavy pressures of city driving, with much emphasis on stop and go, as well as severe broken pavement service, and long idling hours. There is even an extreme temperatures test set, where vehicles are punished in simulated weather as hot as 50 C and as cold as -40 C.

Fleet’s engine design is a modular set up. All engines use an identical bore/stroke ratio, optimizing heat transfer and providing excellent low down torque (Where it’s needed for city service). To that end different cylinder counts and thus displacement and power variants are available in I4, I5, and I6 for city service vehicles, and V8, V10, V12 for highway, heavy duty, or luxury service vehicles. All engines are subjected to twice the industry standard of testing, before they even make it off the bench and into the vehicles they will serve, where they are then tested under normal Million Mile standards, but in service.

Another innovation (which has actually filtered back to Omega’s regular vehicles, was the development of computer control systems for Traction Control and Stability Management (w/ Roll Over Mitigation). On our mainline vehicles these are known as Trac-Assist and SMROM. These provide excellent all weather drivability, and an extra margin of safety in emergency maneuvers.

After all testing is complete, and the vehicles have passed, they are sent out into the world and asked to perform a week of normal duty in active service, in whichever role they have been designed for.

All this testing tells us what goes wrong, and when, and lets us plan out a service schedule to meet your needs, with no surprises. It allows us to set service intervals of 10,000 kilometers, and we offer a bumper to bumper 200,000 kilometer warranty on every vehicle. If you choose to sign up with with our Fleet Service Package, we will provide full mechanical support for your entire fleet, as contractors in your own service centers, and so long as our program is followed, under this package vehicles have their limited warranties extended to 1,000,000 kilometers. (bumper to bumper remains at 200,000)

The actual entry: (This vehicle was submitted for reviewing as the entry, others on this post are lore/supporting vehicles)

For your Jumbo Taxi service needs, Omega offers its all new Galaxy Fleet.