The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Dreadful 3 speed auto or not dreadful 3 speed auto, that is the question…

EDIT: Also is 37.1 PU on engine OK(ish) or…

1 Like

There are so few rules that I will impose them strictly, sorry.

37 should be more than enough to fit most sensible options and some not so sensible.

Also, rules were already finalised, entries were open since yesterday, so fire away.

5 Likes

Well, you say that, but there was the GLH which stood out.

1 Like

MY74 Bogliq Dingo Arrayo Edition

RRP: $13,990

Mmmmm… California. Sun, surf, sand and the freedom of the great outdoors. But how do you get there?

The solution is simple; buy a Dingo and you can go wherever your heart desires!

The added benefits of the Arrayo edition include:

Factory scotch-guarded cloth seats; just as durable as vinyl but won’t burn you!
Full interior rubber trimming; not just a couple of floor mats!
Bogliq USA 8 track player; no european imports from Moldova here, just quality American craftsmanship.
Easy to remove soft-top but you still retain the security of a lockable trunk.
Added reliability and efficiency of Bogflex fuel injection; just turn the key and hit the road!

Looking for adventure? See your friendly local Bogliq dealer about a Dingo Arrayo edition today!

Buy better, buy Bogliq

12 Likes

Omega BigHorn.
Stylish, capable, efficient.
With room for when your family grows, capability to haul when your family moves, and all the Canadian Reliability you’ve come to expect from Omega.
Fuel Injection will start you on the highest of the rockies, or in the coldest of winters, and give you superb smog control, all while using clean lead free fuel.
4 speed over drive manual column shift, with reverse lockout, gives you complete control over the torquey Inline 6, as you enjoy near open top comfort from the oversize sunroof. Tow your winnebago behind you with confidence on that trip to Yosemite, or take on route 66 on a coast to coast tour that won’t break the bank or the environment. BigHorn is your do all machine, but brings the comfort of your living room along for the ride.
With coast to coast support (and Alaska!) from our extensive dealer network, and a 3 year 50,000 mile warranty, you’ll be well looked after too.
It’s no wonder, BigHorn is “the best entry level full size you can buy for under $12,000”
Shown here in Chestnut Brown

8 Likes

@HighOctaneLove There goes my first idea! Back to the drawing board

1 Like

California. Home of the Pacific Coast Highway. A beautiful road made for cruising the nicest of drop top cars with the wind rushing through your hair. To cruise a road like this you need a supreme automobile that will go around corners like it’s on rails, this is where most American built cars will draw short. But, the LLA Bampton, an all new sports car from the home of affordable sports cars, England will dominate the corners whilst leaving your jaw dropped and wallet relatively full.

Starting at only $9,100 with 0% markup the Bampton offers a 2.1L inline 3 that outputs 90 Hp and 107 ft-ib’s of torque, coupled with a 5 speed manual transmission, pushing the car up to 110 Mph. Inside you will find 2 vinyl seats and an 8 track radio, so you can listen to I shot the sheriff whilst showing off the drop top to your beach babes. Finally with power steering you’ll find man handling the Bampton around the Los Angeles streets pain free and with 18 Mpg you won’t even need to fill up as often as the American Made competition.

Offered in either LLA Red, Poo Brown and Classic Creme you can buy your own LLA Bampton at Participating Dealers. Dealer prices may vary and LLA takes no responsibility for extortionate finance offers or Third Party damage.

7 Likes

Oooh! An old Tishillyman advert from 1974! Very nice.

19 Likes

@conan That is a fantastic ad.

1 Like

It really is a nice ad, next to mine it makes me look lazy, which for the most part I am…

Hitting The Shores For '74 - Shizuka!

shizukagx3
Shizuka 15S in Hard Frost

For work, family, and play, your life demands a lot from your car. Your car should be able to lift those burdens, as well as sweep you away from your troubles. Shizuka can do that for you. Slide behind the wheel and hit the road with us, and we’ll show you how.

Shizuka’s 1.5 liter Over Head Cam engine, standard on S-series trims, propels Shizuka smoothly yet sips gas. Step up to the G-series and you get a 75 Horsepower 1.8 liter power plant, ready to take you and your heaviest loads wherever you need them to go. Economy for the 1.8 liter is no slouch either; with a combined fuel economy rating of 23 MPG, one tank will get you hundreds of miles. And performance for both engines, through the standard 5-speed manual transmission, is unexpectedly thrilling for a small car.

Seating for five is standard on all trims, as are front 3-point safety belts, seat belt warning chime, and radial tires. Ample cargo space is accessible from the cavernous lift gate, and the rear seats flip forward and flat to carry even the bulkiest items. G-series trims are also available with an optional roof rack. Carry lumber, surf boards, or even a long canoe up top, and still have plenty of room left over inside.

Shizuka 18GX in Laguna Blue

On the inside, Shizuka is ready for everything. With its easy-to-clean Life Ready™ vinyl-trimmed interior, your new car will look like new for years to come. Vinyl floor mats are easily removed and hosed down, keeping the thickest mud or the grittiest sand from wrecking the floors. And the simple yet comfortable layout means everything you need is within reach.

Shizuka comes standard with an AM radio with four programmable mechanized presets. G-series trims include an upgraded AM/FM stereo 8-track player with 2 speakers and five presets. Your favorite music can be with you for the ride with Shizuka!

Shizuka GX in Laguna Blue

Shizuka is Japan’s master of road and field. This competence now comes to America with the 15SX and 18GX trims, with their shift-on-the-fly 4WD systems. When needed, extra traction is available at the flick of a wrist. Don’t believe it? See your Suzume dealer today and schedule a test drive! Off-road demonstrations are available at participating locations.

Inexpensive. Reliable. Frugal. And available in 11 colors. What more could you ask?

Suzume. See to Believe. Drive to Inspire.

(OOC: Canonically, 1974 was the first year Suzume was available in the United States. This would have been the “senior” car, offered alongside the Suzume 10S/13G, which was a smaller model. This design was inspired by and loosely based on the original Subaru Leone 4WD wagon)

8 Likes

Not sure if this is bluriness of pictures, or I need to change my glasses.

Kramer K23 Sprint: Fast, Frugal and Fun

The oil crisis may have (almost) killed off the muscle car, but not the performance car as a whole. As such, when we were looking for a gap in the market for an economical and affordable sports coupe, we set out to deliver with the K23 Sprint. This small and light import fighter is designed to take on the likes of the Ford Capri and its ilk.

With seating for four, a torquey SOHC straight-six driving the rear wheels, and a suspension tune aimed squarely at the budget-conscious enthusiast, the K23 Sprint is a lot of car for just $9000, not including markups. And you can have it in one of 20 different exterior colors, including the vibrant Zandvoort Orange shown here. If you wish, you can order a wide range of optional equipment, from a locking rear diff and rear disc brakes to a close-ratio five-speed gearbox and power steering.

5 Likes

THE future looks bright and yellow with the “SPARROW” an affordable mid engine sports car with 100 hp and less than 1000 kg.

this car’s aim is to find a new market for budget sports car. not every sports car have to be “unaffordable” cough italian garbage mobiles cough.

its a simple 8v inline 4 engine with fuel injection and 100 hp. the engine besides the injector is simple to maintain. open the rear hatch and you can easily replace anything on your own, no mechanics needed.

want to replace air filter - simple
want to replace oil filter - simple
want to do this or that its simple because the engine bay is huge and everything is sorted and easy to fix. after heavy duty testing the reliablility index of the vehicle is 69 units

buy it now and rub it on the sports car owners “i have a mid engine sports car too, suck it”

6 Likes

Hmmm… The Sparrow looks like a supercar, but doesn’t have the engine to match. At least it can be retrofitted with much more powerful engines if one’s budget is big enough…

And while I pitched my entry as a Capri rival, the irony is that its mechanical layout is actually very similar indeed, what with a live axle and rear drum brakes (then again, back in '74, IRS + 4-wheel discs were rarely used together on most mass-market cars). The tight ET limit and the emphasis on economy precluded me from even fitting a rear seat to the V8 muscle car I had been considering before I settled on a smaller I6 coupe, and made it impossible to install IRS on the smaller I4 sedan I was also planning.

Edit: In the case of the Sparrow, its engine is even more of a mismatch for its wedge-shaped styling than it was for the Esprit, what with only 100 bhp on tap. Even with just 1000 kg to push around, the lack of grunt will be more likely to make its presence felt. Then again, the Sparrow would have beaten the Esprit to market by a year or two… And the diversity of the entrants here is something to behold!

Ever heard of the Esprit?

1 Like

Aytoshy T 1L

The T 1L is the new step backward in vehicle design.

1L inline 3. It makes 34.1hp. You’re not going fast.

Anyway, It has some ammount of headroom and cargo space, I guess.

The true “bonus” here, is the T 1L costs next-to-nothing.

You’re paying $6,000 to help fund better cars in the Ayto Group.

11 Likes

The only thing this car needs to be literally possible to fix by everyone is rear hatch opening like in Peugeot 205 T16 :smiley:

Scarab presents the Comet S, everymans sportscar, beginning at a humble price of $8500.

For this sum of money you will get a 2.4 l I6, producing in excess of 100 hp and a top speed over 175 km/h.
You’ll also get power steering, a 4 seat standard interior with an 8-track, and standard safety equipment.

And last, but not least… all this in a car that will give you approx. 21 mpg.

14 Likes

19 Likes