The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

One more question… are any limited/no mass production parts or exotic parts (e.g. titanium conrods or 5v heads) banned or penalised?

I just found out that the test car I made last night had a total cost well under the $200k limit. I was thinking of using aluminum panels, but switched to corrosion-resistant steel at the last minute to keep the production units under 95, even though the maximum for this round is actually 135. And I stuck with a standard interior and infotainment system to ensure that I would end up with a pre-markup price of <$17k.

I think I have a car that combines a few those previous cars, should be interesting

ytb

@Leedar I’m not going to put any hard limits on such things but just to say be sensible it’s a daily car after all.

@abg7 I didn’t get much time to test that but $200k limit is for total cost and it exists purely to allow the oldest entries a fighting chance.

It’s sufficient to say it expected any new car to be well under that limit. In fact, the lower the better…to a extend. Just don’t go too far the other way or we’ll end up back in Obristan. :joy:

4 Likes

I6 or V6?

Mitch has no preference.

1 Like

3 Likes

I was going to send in a 2017 Tishillyman Sagata Turbo. But that was before I realize 1973-2016 model are allowed. Time to make something else.

No, you are allowed to send in new cars it’s just used car period is 1973-2016. So please feel free to send it :slight_smile:

I thought it was 2017 only. I have something else in mind if older cars is allowed. :slight_smile:

P.S. Allow spreadsheet edit plox!

I’m still trying to decide between mid-80’s turbo-goodness or a 2017 SUV. I’m leaning toward the 1985 Dynamite C1 “Space Chaser” and its turbo I6, though, for a nice blend of wildcard and fun.

@Rk38 I presume the Total Cost consists of the Purchase Price, the Yearly Fuel Costs and Total Service Costs add up? (says Check Values when my data is in…)

I think it needs some input in the emissions tax field

Try from the 11th column down and it should calculate properly. I’ve noticed some issues like that with columns 7-10. Must be some type of minor calculating error in those sections.

It doesn’t seem like there is a formula for the Total. (Still not working at line 11)
I think it might be Excel doing weird things (When I opened the File for the 1st time it gave me an error message and stated that parts of the document were corrupt…)

Also when I paste in the formula from Google Docs (changed the cell numbers to 11, but it did it before as well) it says that there is a problem with it

Well, it is a Google Doc so probably not compatible with Excel.

Why not just make a copy of this document into your Google Drive and then edit the information in your own online copy of the file?

2 Likes

Ah I though Saving it to my Drive would do the same, but it didn’t let me edit… (Making a copy works as you said)

You need to actually open the original, go into File > Make a copy then you’ll be able to edit

So that’s how to do it!

It’s final now, I’ve sent in the car.

You may get a nice used one for 51,000$ perhaps. About the same as a new Small Bavaria. But trust me, this is on another league. I’ll do some nice writing for it later.

7 Likes