The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Hopefully the ad resembles 1980’s car ads well enough.

The car is a 1985 Dynamite C1 “Space Chaser” 3 door hatchback.

7 Likes

JHW Ensoniq

RWD And Economy Aren’t Mutually Exclusive. From $24,100

7 Likes

I like this one a LOT does it come in HyperCharcoal?

if you mean black, then yes.

3 Likes

Hyper Charcoal (Basically Dark Grey, Pearl AND Metallic)

Though I suppose GunMetal Pearl would work great too.

1 Like

1996 Zenshi Altrea GTS25T Limited

Price equivalent to $18,000

11 Likes

Tishillyman’s got it back.

Written by Michael Carlson
First published on Driver’s Edge, 2nd August 2005

When the Baden-Württemberg based Tishillyman announce that they would stop production of the much loved Supercars shaming “Turbo” trim lineup in 1999. The cheap speed enthusiasts cried single tear down their cheek.

These Tishillyman Turbos are basically just your typical Tishillyman, usually in the guise of compact Avici, mid-size Utpala, or the sporty Sagata. But with massive engine paired with massive turbochargers driven rear or all wheels through rally bred differential system. During the 80’s these were making 320hp when most cars had no more than 200, couple with lightweight assembly they had scorching performance. You could be in the fastest, most powerful super cars of the era. And yet a well driven Sagata Turbo will keep up with you. And if you were in the rain, forget it, the speedy Tishilly AWD Turbo will left your precious Italian monster in the water spray with ease.

And despite all the performance, they were not expensive. Not cheap, mind. But they’re always within the realm of common men and women. The first Sagata Turbo that came out in 1985 cost about the same as a base German rival, but could go from nought to sixties in less than 5 seconds (some did it in 4.7), while it will run out of puff at 150mph due to brick aerodynamics, the acceleration was simply mind boggling.

In 1994 they introduced the Whippet and Tigris line of cars. These were also quite fast, but never as fast as the good old Turbo. They were more civilized, easier to drive, but at the cost of sheer speed. The Turbo line didn’t appear to be going anywhere. But out of nowhere, in 1999, they stopped production leaving the Whippet as the fastest trim available. With the reason simply being that “Not many customers actually use any more performance than the Whippet or Tigris can offer.”

But now, after 6 years of absent, the Turbo line is back.

The current Tishillyman Sagata have been in production since 2002. Not a bad car by any means, and the 2.0 Inline 4 Turbo Tigris trim really is a formidable force both in Rallying world and on the public road. While the Whippet Inline 6 Turbo is the Autobahn muncher they always were.

Today, however, Tishillyman announce the come back of the Tishillyman Sagata Turbo. And I must say it looks absolutely cracking. The normal Sagata is sleek and discreet, yet not too aggressive. They’re the sort of cars a lawyer or a doctor would buy. The Turbo offer a very nicely integrated body kit that keep the discreet look, subtle flared wheel arches give the car that much more panache. But not boy racer-ish at all.

But that’s always been the strength of the Turbo Tishillyman. They DON’T look that fast. But they ARE fast.

How fast you’re asking? How fast do you wanna go? The old brick 1987 Sagata Turbo might be able to achieve only 150mph. But this new sleek 2006 Sagata Turbo is a very slippery design. With 3.5 litre Turbocharged Inline 6 engine producing allegedly “410hp”. (Remember when they said the 87 Sagata Turbo produce “270hp”? 270hp my ass). Unlike any other German marque out there, the Tishillyman isn’t limited to 155mph. And it will surge up to 180mph or more very easily. This makes it one of the fastest 4 door saloon out there on the market.

It is quiet heavy, but isn’t too heavy. It’s also All Wheel Driven with 40/60 split front and rear, like nearly all good old Tishilly Turbo. Providing good traction off the line, this thing will, and I’m not making this number up, nought to sixties time of 3.8 seconds. Three point eight.

What do people need this thing for? Out running supercars? Hang on. That’s the whole point of Tishilly Turbo, isn’t it?

Unlike the Tishilly Turbo of old, the Sagata Turbo is also now available with luxurious optional extras. This means the good old day of the Sagata Turbo with wind up windows is gone. You can spec up the Turbo any way you want just like a normal Sagata. And they’re also talking about including the 6 Speed Automatic Transmission option, but Tishillyman says that they have not been able to make the gearbox withstand the power with their high standard of reliability yet. They’ll figure it out eventually, and it’ll be available then.

Pricing depends on how much option you throw at it, but they say that the absolute base spec won’t cost much more than a small engine Bavaria. But that would be a bit austere in my opinion. Spec-ing it up won’t hurt that much and will improve your day to day usage massively.

My goosebump is lit up like ashwood in a house fire. I’m so looking forward to actually driving this car in real. And I’m sure Hutchinson is too.

12 Likes

######Just a disclaimer; this is the way the Auriga is now styled, but it looks different than what I revealed in Paris. That’s because I didn’t really like it beforehand, so I gave it a re-design. Ignore the fact that it looks different and you’re Gucci :ok_hand:

#Introducing the new Kimura Auriga KRS. Sportiness and luxuriousness without compromise.

The all-new 2017 Kimura Auriga KRS is a powerful beast; standard on all models is a high-revving 2.3 Liter turbocharged Inline-4 with 292 HP routed directly to the front wheels through a mechanical limited-slip differential. Combined with short-geared 6-speed manual, the Auriga KRS is able to surge from 0 to 62 MPH in almost 6 seconds while maintaining an average of 31 MPG (EPA estimated 36 MPG (US) highway, 27 MPG (US) city, 31 MPG (US) combined). An 8-speed automatic is also available. 4-wheel ventilated disc brakes help give the Auriga the stopping power it deserves, and sport-tuned suspension allows for sharp cornering without a harsh ride.

A sporty car doesn’t need to be poorly-appointed, either; a luxurious interior is standard with a second-generation Clear Sense™ infotainment system on a 10" touch screen which can also be controlled by a rotary dial. In addition, automatic braking, Lane Keep Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, and KimuraGuard™ are all standard. Outside, styling changes such as a more aggressive front bumper, remodeled rear diffuser, rear lip spoiler, 18" alloy wheels with wider 245 section tires, and more make the Auriga an dynamic yet subdued beast.

Starting at $19,300 with 0% markup.

23 Likes

where do i get the numbers for the first “service cost” column?

1 Like

Engine test screen in automatic test mode.

(I don’t like how competitions use this value seeing as it doesn’t accurately represent service costs and the engine service costs are already rolled into the trim reliability. It exaggerates the importance of engine service costs a lot over the base game.)

Maybe elsewhere, but it sure as hell doesn’t reflect service costs in Australia, not even close. Which is where this round is based in, and where the round I did was also based in. Look up the service costs of, say, a Ford Falcon from any era, and you’ll understand why we calculated this way.

Is your point that the (trim) service cost is too small or that the contribution of the engine to it is too small? I would just multiply the service cost to a more ‘realistic’ number rather than double count the engine contribution (using the bugged UI value that is clearly too large).

I’ll stress again that this is just a general opinion, not ‘demands’ as people on the internet are always eager to interpret statements as, nor criticism targeted at this competition. I just find it odd.

After playing with a few models I actually found that it was the latter. But we absolutely piss money on cars over here, so I don’t think this necessarily reflects an imbalance in the game.

You do allude to a good question though, which is, exactly what does the engine service cost figure reflect???

well… i came to ask where to look up a certain number. not to question the philosophical existence of said number…

5 Likes

Scarab Nova S, 3.6 L twinturbo V8, 315HP , AWD. 9.8 l/100 km, 0-100 in 5 seconds, 100-0 in 30m, Premium interior.

7 Likes

##The Bonham Chaucer 3.0 Elegance

The sweetspot of the Bonham Chaucer range, with the perfect blend of old-school naturally-aspirated punch and inline 6 smoothness. The 3.0 litre engine produces 243 hp, which is enough to take this aluminium bodied saloon to 100 kph in just 7 seconds flat. All while basking in the supreme comfort provided by leather seats and 10-speaker sound system, while the adaptive dampers soak up the bumps effortlessly. However, at one press of a button, the dampers firm up, the engine notes becomes raspier and the balance provided by the RWD chassis, with double wishbone front suspension and multilink rear can be fully exploited.

This is all the car anyone would ever need. Starting from 22,800 AUD.

11 Likes

#Presenting the Erin Merna (Mk 8) Touring.
And the upcoming new design style of Erin, which will be coming to all of models soon.
Just pretend all of the cars with the old design existed in another universe…

This particular model is the top of the range Vox trim, the Touring Sport version. Under the bonnet is a 190 hp Pureon 1.8l TDi i4, meaning it’s good for 0-60 in 7.9 seconds and will still get 39.6 mpg (UK). It’s also got a sunroof and some fancy 17" rims. With these options, its yours for £19888 or $17600 with 0% markup.

All the practicality of the 8th Gen Merna, with all the great features of the top of the range Vox trim level - TapTouch on an 8" display, leather interior, dual-zone climate control, great sound system and wealth of other techy things - in a wagon variant of the car.

12 Likes

Erm, I’m a bit confused. Where do you find the emissions tax value for a car in the game?

On the Economics section of the Details tab…I think

1 Like

Select the running costs tab in the detailed stats screen and you’ll find the amount of emissions-related taxes required to keep your car on the road.

1 Like