The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Family Travelling need not come at the expense of fashion or smart handling.
A Luxury Touring Crossover for the grown and growing family.
Omega Glory GT
Seen here in GunMetal Blue
Just $73,800 - Eat your heart out Germany.
This car’s TV Commercial background music: TheFatRat - Monody (feat. Laura Brehm) - YouTube

1 Like

I would have thought limited production would be fine for a luxury car, since they are produced in lower numbers and/or high markup to compensate for extra labour to get them churned out at a decent rate. It’s the ‘no mass production’ that is less tenable, IMO.

3 Likes

#2017 Talon Automotive TV-C 3.5

Built by Talon Automotive, the Transport Vehicle - Civilian is the regular version of Talon’s TV range. Other models include the TV-M (Military) and the TV-P (Police).

Powered by a highly economical 3.5L TT V6, this SUV has quite competitive mileage figures.

MSRP $44,000.

8 Likes

#The 2017 Bonham Stroud

The pinnacle of the Bonham SUV range, the Stroud is as tough as the explorer who is being honoured here. AWD provides the go-anywhere capability such a car needs. The 5.0 V8 engine is smooth, reliable, powerful and economical. With 367 hp, it provites plenty of punch to haul the 7 occupants and their luggage up to traffic speeds in the short onramps all too common in the states. From $62,150.

16 Likes

What’s the latest driveway accessory to go with your sticker-sheet windows and bacteria-infestation lawn?
What’s the luxury hauler that features room for 6, so you can inflict your barely parented brood on everyone else?
What sporty pragmatic vehicle features speed, handling, and sophistication that you want people to resent you having?

Shown here in Vintage Spittoon Bronze. $52650 with options.

4 Likes

I just realized 4 days after sending a car in that I could have and should have made a Canyonero.

Somebody please do it.

7 Likes

On the other hand I decided to build an entry that was basically a much more upmarket equivalent of a Ford Territory Turbo, right down to the turbo straight-six. And yes, it comes with a proper 4x4 system and off-road tires. Lore-wise, it seemed like a natural fit because the Pilbara almost has the same wheelbase as the Centurion MkVII.

I installed a full luxury interior and entertainment system, and not just because I still had enough room left in my budget to do so - it would provide a welcome boost to comfort and prestige.

So you’ve sent a Defender to a Evoque fight? :laughing:

2 Likes

Well, we all know that the Evoque will back off as the base model is only FWD.

2017 Contendiente Titán

Powered by a 3.5L I6, making 250hp and a good punch of torque, and having 7 luxurious seats, the Contendiente Titán won’t dissapoint anyone. Safety, comfort and a hint of sportiness are the main characteristics defining this car. Starting at $40500 with a 50% markup included.

7 Likes

2017 JHW Ibex 3.8 LX

Luxury For The Whole Family. $69,970

10 Likes

#You’re rich, you’re more important than anybody else. You deserve to show it.
##The three row Shromet Parvus XL.

#####Msrp: 71,250$, excluding offers and incentives.

7 Likes

Cornaldie Automotive

And we have just the car to prove it

Lovante

There’s no guessing when they see this. Starting at $87,000 because fuck being broke.

2 Likes

16 Likes

The rear looks Aston Martin like… pretty neat.

2 Likes

I can concur with you on that one, and in fact the latest Cayenne will also gain a wraparound taillight strip with its imminent redesign. As for your Lovante, 87k seems a bit much when the recommended budget is 60k-80k, but who cares if it looks good to me?

By the way, I used the not-Cayenne body instead of the not-Explorer body for my entry because I felt I could get a better-looking design out of it (and also because it is unlocked later).

1 Like

Well 87k is a lot but it’s good value for what you do get in my opinion, but in the end it’s the buyer’s choice. :wink:

The not Explorer body does take a safety hit in 2017, but the size of it will hopefully make up for that in terms of practicality and comfort…hopefully.

Edit: btw @abg7, the Lovante is packing a V12 Biturbo. :wink:

The Scarab Nebula. Luxury and sportiness, combined.

7 Likes

front looks a bit like a cayman and the back a bit like an xc90.

Well, i got my inspiration from the XC90 and the Cayenne, so that’s about right :wink:

2 Likes