The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Hang on a second Deus, you said Mekong didn’t come into existence until recently.
I know, but for the purposes of this round, we’re gonna pretend they were around in the 2000s. Some kind of alternative universe thing I dunno.

Introducing the Mekong Tốt, the ultra cheap city car for Asia! It’s simple, practical and reliable. The ultimate no-nonesense runabout. Cheap but not built cheaply, small and easy to use, and full of character.

12 Likes

#2000 Nohda Bop!

The Nohda Bop!, an affordable, well rounded car for the city. Only $8300 (¥934364.20)!

10 Likes

It’s called Nohda, but it looks like a miniature Zamda2! :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Smooth Rekii

Inline 6 and smooth ride for $9100.

9 Likes

From NNCC

7 Likes

model name: EBLM J0555-57Ab
production cost per unit: 8900

• 17’’ alloy wheels
  • high-flow catalytic converter
  • ABS, ESP
  • CD Player
  • estimated fuel consumption 4.84 l/100 km - if you activate the eco mode and pee into the “go yellow” tank every twenty minutes, you will achieve the certified consumption (100 km cruise test) of 3.5 l/100 km

10 Likes

So far I’ve got submissions from:

@conan
@DeusExMackia
@Mr.Computah
@Ornate
@Rk38
@Fayeding_Spray
@titleguy1
@Dorifto_Dorito
@AirJordan
@HighOctaneLove
@TR8R

I’d like to remind people that ads are required before the deadline. Just a photo, make/model and Automation price are all that’s required.

3 Likes

I have sent you my entry, I edited my pm to only have the one file you need, and I have posted an ad.

I like small cylinder engines, but… :no_mouth:

1 Like

I’m actually excited about how my design turned out, hopefully it reflects the vision of this entry.

EDIT: ad is unfinished still, but I will finish it when I stop being sick.

14 Likes

You can expect my entry by the deadline

#What an 優れた Car!

##The Nickel Fantastic! Well equipped for 1,200,000¥/11,000$

7 Likes

I don’t see my name on the list?

I am so tempted to submit the V6 variant… but it just doesn’t make sense. but… V6…

##The All New AutoMart AM-1!

High Quality, Without The High Price Tag. Buy Now For Only $9,700!!!

*advert’s theme tune

5 Likes

Behold… The brand new 2000 Kagama Daichi XS!

You shouldn’t have to sacrifice fun, sporty performance to get a compact and practical vehicle for driving around the city. The Daichi has all the utility of your average city car with a hatchback and comfortably-spacious rear seats, but the XS package V6 engine brings all the performance you could hope for.

The 62hp 6-cylinder, combined with a 6-speed manual gearbox allows the Daichi to reach 100kph in just 14.1 seconds while achieving mileage of 4.74L/100km and reaching a top speed of 162.3kph. The 3-piston front disc brakes bring the car to a halt in just 35.57m.

Starting at only $10,600 (USD), the Daichi XS can be yours today!

6 Likes

A City Car for the New Millennium: SMG CK60 Eco

This Japanese-market version of the CK60 Eco features a nippy and economical 0.66L I4 mated to a five-speed automatic gearbox. With a CD player and standard safety systems on the inside, you’ll find out that even a cheap city car can be cheerful. And it can be yours for $8,600.

3 Likes

The Accursio Bruco 660

The Accursio plans to enter the new millennium with a throwback to the car that put them onto the market with the post-war hit, the Accursio 600. This tiny MPV was a major success for the company and saw them enter into the taxi market and family market instantly. As the new millennium marks its 50th anniversary, Accursio plans to return to their roots with the Bruco 660. In the design, a neo-retro post-modernist approach has been took as seen with the use rounded shapes, making the car stand out compared to the rows and rows of square boxes with square lights and have a connection to the original visually as well.

While being a call back to the past, the car certainly looks to the future as well as with its technological advancements. The Bruco’s ultra-efficient 3-cyclinder engine and aerodynamic under-tray allows the vehicle to reach an astonishing 70 mpg, and this isn’t done through sacrificing performance to unbearable limits as the car still does 0-60 in 17.3 seconds.

This car continues Accursio’s 95 year heritage of delivering great value as this is drivable art piece is currently being sold at your local dealership for 7800 USD (878000 JPY)

6 Likes

I kinda went after this little rig; The Daihatsu Opti, and it’s sporty cousin the Opti Beex

2 Likes

Did you ever ride around in a shopping cart when you were a kid? Do you want the same experience today?
Did you ever look at a weed trimmer and think ‘so dignified’? If so, the kei-car market is for you.
Here’s the wonderful new MinMaxi. Just look at the advanced design and high-tech goodies and notice how not brown they are. Not brown.

Here you get less of things. Under 5 Liters/100Km, under 13 seconds to 100Km, under 10k AutoMatoMoney. But also more things, like adaptive suspension and fancy alloys and a turbocharger. At least one of each.
The MinMaxi. Do more with less.