The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Come on guys, you can be a little more creative than putting a bigass engine in a car…

Btw I’m at 8.4L in mine :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

nooooooooooo, don’t publish that sucker!

Scratch 5.0, i’m gonna go all out

Im at 10.5 with my current car although I may build something else.

Hahaha yes, my plan is working beautifully…

oh shit did I say that out loud?

2 Likes

Just give me a few mins to do some crappy photoshop and my plan shall be revealed!!

I’m sorely tempted to make a brutal I6 and show that you don’t need all 8 in order to be fast and fun.

1 Like

If you want to do that, go for it. The brief mostly mentions an uninspiring I6, not discounting all 6 cylinders entirely :stuck_out_tongue: They do hold a place in the muscle and pony car territory even though the V8s are the most recognised.

4 Likes

Please note - After making ad I realised that the insignia was wrong…because FOA (shown emblems) doesn’t make “Muscle cars”…so this was moved to NCC and the associated “vents” were changed accordingly. :smiley:

7 Likes

4 Likes

I’m back!
Anyway I also have a horse in this race, or I should say a car in this event.
Meet the Centauri Marauder 445, with a 7.3L V8 under the hood and a 4 speed manual, this rocket will blast you to 60 in 5.5 seconds and though the quarter mile in 13.8 seconds at well over 100mph thanks to Centauri’s own AutoTrak differential. This Marauder could be stalking your driveway for $14,000

15 Likes

1968 DMV Trebuchet 346 RS

The DMV Trebuchet was refreshed the year prior with an all new chassis and engine lineup. And this generation continues the tradition of punching well above its weight class.

The 5.7L V8 may produce a mere 301 horses and 339 pound feet, but thanks to its strong and slick shifting 5 speed manual and auto locker, those 301 ponies will take this pony car from a standstill to 60 in 5.3 seconds and through the quarter mile in 13.62 seconds at 106 miles per hour. And unlike the previous generation, there’s room for 3 friends instead of just 1. Starting at $12,600 as equipped.

7 Likes

10.5 litre equates to about 640 cubic inches. Not bad. But not adequate.

This is 1968 MALL by Bob Wyatt. Bob Wyatt is not a car manufacturer. In fact, a MALL is a trim of BKOO Full Size car.

Bob Wyatt is better known as a shipbuilder. They’ve been shipbuilding since the early 1900’s. But in 1968 they decided to venture into automotive business.

The story goes that the engineer got bored one day and was playing with their TANK engine. The TANK engine, despite it’s name is actually an engine designed for marine purposes and had been in production from Bob Wyatt since the early 50’s. It’s a 993 cubic inches (16286cc) V12 OHV engine producing nearly 500hp (allegedly). The name TANK is not an acronym, it’s there because the engine was built literally like one. It’s quite reliable due to it’s marine requirements.

Now, having this engine, an engineer brought about your typical BKOO Muricar in MALL trim. It’s a basic full size saloon car with no fancy stuff at all. And as you may have guessed the engineer thought it was a great idea to put TANK in a MALL.

The result was not really impressive. 0-60mph in about 6.5 seconds. Quartermile in 14.5. But that’s purely due to it having nearly no goddamn traction when launch. And that’s despite it’s massive for it’s time 215 radial sports tyres.

It retails for $13,900 in today’s money. Which I think is a damn pretty good deal.

I declare the displacement war is over.

20 Likes

Not so fast there!

Freedom Motors present the Rider 11.4!

You guessed it, it has a 11.4L V12 producing 634HP while spinning at 5000RPM.
60 MPH flies past in just 4.2 seconds and it goes on to reach it’s top speed of 177 MPH in no time!

Pick yours up now for $13400, you wont regret it…

I now declare this displacement war over!

4 Likes

Try 16.286 litre.

1 Like

I tried, it wouldn’t fit.

It fit mine, so there.

8 Likes

Forgot to mention it in the rules, but no CaptainD00m or Barth mods allowed (that includes the extra rear engine bodies).

Barth bodies are banned in the thread rules :slight_smile:

Yeah. It’s the same one I and abg7 are using